Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Amy Poehler to male Hollywood execs: ‘stop asking me where my children are’

czb

i just don't want to have the conversation. i don't want my parenting skills judged in the work place. not appropriate.

The pictures above my desk. Nobody really asks me any questions - just stare at me like there's something wrong with me.....

It's probably super weird that I have Blix's third grade school picture in my wallet, but I think it's so cute that he and my boys look so much alike at that age specifically.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Damn it, Mo just gave me the Warm and Fuzzies! There goes my Cunt Card.
    MohandasKGanja and Honey like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Family pics at work is the only thing to get you through a work day sometimes.
    MohandasKGanja and bootspaige like this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Aww Mo you soppy sandwich x (all the family pics reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Homer had lots of pics of Maggie- very sweet)

And you have Gossip Rocks open on your laptop! Marvellous
    MohandasKGanja and Kittylady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    The pictures above my desk. Nobody really asks me any questions - just stare at me like there's something wrong with me.....
    Looks a lot like mine. I have pictures everywhere of my kiddos. In 16 years, no one has really ever asked me where my kids are while I'm at work.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post
    When people ask me where my kids are I just say, "My husband watches them." Then they don't know what to say.
    You should add, "Just like the good Lord intended." Just to mess with them some more. Stuff like this makes my head implode and makes me all snarky and rude.
    bootspaige and MohandasKGanja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Aww Mo you soppy sandwich x (all the family pics reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Homer had lots of pics of Maggie- very sweet)

And you have Gossip Rocks open on your laptop! Marvellous
    I had to scroll back up to see that because I missed it the first time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Looks a lot like mine. I have pictures everywhere of my kiddos. In 16 years, no one has really ever asked me where my kids are while I'm at work.
    Yeah, several of my co-workers have pics of their kids all over their desks and I have not heard one person ever ask them where their kids are. That's so odd to me that women get asked that.
    Honey likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Well you'll all love this exchange. I would post the video but can't seem to do that anymore. You can watch at the link, and then make sure you get home to your kids - where you belong.

Fox Guest Leaves Female Commentator Visibly Stunned During Feminism Debate: ‘Look, You’re Miserable’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

Fox Guest Leaves Female Commentator Visibly Stunned During Feminism Debate: ‘Look, You’re Miserable’
    May. 14, 2015 11:51pm Jason Howerton

Gavin McInnes, the co-founder of Vice Media who left the company in 2008, left fellow Fox News panelist Tamara Holder visibly stunned when he argued that women earn less in America because they “choose to” and asserted than modern feminism is making women “miserable.”

“The big picture here is, women do earn less in America because they choose to,” McInnes said. “They would rather go to their daughter’s piano recital than stay all night at work, working on a proposal, so they end up earning less.”

Still, he continued: “They’re less ambitious, and I think this is sort of God’s way, this is nature’s way of saying women should be at home with the kids — they’re happier there.”

McInnes then recommended that Holder read a book called “Why Men Earn More,” which he said explains how women choose to put family over work.

“Having a choice doesn’t mean that you are less ambitious. And your comments are absolutely deplorable,” Holder replied.

“If you were a real feminist, you would support housewives and see them as the heroes and women who work wasting their time,” McInnes shot back.

When Holder questioned McInnes’ claim that women don’t “go the extra mile” for work, she got a response that left her with a shocked expression on her face.

“You’re making a mistake!” he said. “You would be much happier at home with a husband and children.”

All host Sean Hannity could say was, “Oh boy.”

McInnes then added: “Look, you’re miserable. You would be so much happier with kids around you tonight. … Feminism has made women miserable. Women were much happier when housewives were glorified.”

You’ll probably want to watch the tense segment via Fox News below:
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    When I'm in the office and people see pictures of my kids on my desk during the summer months, men are ALWAYS asking me, "So what are your kids doing while you're at work?"

PINING away for me, duh. There is nothing else they could possibly be doing.
    haha, how about "fending for themselves in the streets. Probably scrounging in the neighbors' garbage for food right now."
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post

“You’re making a mistake!” he said. “You would be much happier at home with a husband and children.”

All host Sean Hannity could say was, “Oh boy.”

McInnes then added: “Look, you’re miserable. You would be so much happier with kids around you tonight. … Feminism has made women miserable. Women were much happier when housewives were glorified.”

Kittylady likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

It's not good to hold that shit in.

I hope that guy gets poisoned by his happy, glorified housewife.
    Kittylady likes this.

holy shit, i just can't with that FOX drivel. WOW. i had to mute it after two minutes.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information