Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree506Likes

Thread: Amber Heard (Turd) vs Johnny Depp (Derp)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ Exactly. I'm sure she signed an NDA and none of this would have been made public if he hadn't filed this lawsuit. Dumbass.

I would've left him after that. [/COLOR]
    That would have been a deal maker for me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    this is what shits me too. I work as a family violence lawyer, so sure. I'm a Minsandrist Feminazi Bitch With An Axe To Grind as far as the Men's Rights Activists are concerned....

But this always happens.

DEPP has sued the Sun.

DEPP has initiated this legal action. He is claiming that the Sun's use of the term "wife beater" is defamatory.

The Sun are claiming they are covered by the defence of truth - which states that an alleged defamatory imputation is fair comment if it is wholly or substantially true.

They have photos of Heard with bruising she says was caused by Depp. Her claims were upheld as being more probable than not by the California (??) judge who gave her a DV protective order.

What I am politely pointing out here is htat Depp hasn't got a FUCKING LEG TO STAND ON with this case, so instead he's turned it into Depp v Heard - Who Is The Real Primary Perpetrator?

It's an abusive, shit tactic that is pulled straight from the playbook of what Lundy Bancroft (a DV researcher) describes as 'the victim abuser'. https://pro.psychcentral.com/recover...rs-the-victim/
    And I fucking love you for it Sassiness!!!
    I'm so glad that there are women out there like you. Thank you for doing what you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Amber Heard feared she would perish in an attack by Johnny Depp where he allegedly compressed her neck and told her: 'I'm going to f**king kill you and I'll f**k your corpse'.

Ms Heard's 39-page witness statement published today claims that Mr Depp 'threatened to kill me many times' and he*would blame all his actions on a self-created third person he dubbed 'the monster' during three years of marriage where she felt 'powerless'.

Amber Heard describes moment she 'feared she would die when Johnny Depp throttled her and said "I'm going to f****** kill you and I'll f*** your corpse" as she claims she was powerless

Depp is suing News Group Newspapers for an article in The Sun which labelled him a 'wife-beater'

NGN is defending the article as true, and says Depp was 'controlling and verbally and physically abusive'

Amber Heard started three days of evidence and claims her ex-husband repeatedly threatened to kill her

She claims Depp said she had affairs with at least 8 co-stars and also with Leonardo 'pumpkin head' DiCaprio*

Alleged he threatened her with rape in ordeal that saw her weight plummeted and left her 'scared all the time'

She claims that the megastar told her that the only way to escape their marriage was to die, and allegedly punched, headbutted, kicked and strangled her and once hurled a mobile phone in her face 'as hard as he could' after he 'wound up his arm back like he was a baseball pitcher'.

Amber also alleges that Mr Depp repeatedly threatened to have her raped by other men and told her after one row on a flight: 'When we land, I can call some black brothers who can f**k you if you're so desperate for it'. Depp also allegedly told her: 'I will cut up your face so no one will want you ever again' and about how he knew people who could 'break a leg, real cheap'.*

Depp also accused her of affairs in 'movie after move' including*Eddie Redmayne, James Franco, Jim Sturgess, Kevin Costner, Liam Hemsworth, Billy-Bob Thornton, Channing Tatum - even women co-stars like Kelli Garner.*She alleged that he also said she had an affair with Leonardo DiCaprio after an audition, who he called 'pumpkin-head'.

Her extraordinary allegations emerged as she began three days of evidence about allegations her megastar ex-husband Johnny Depp beat her and abused her often while on drink and drug binges including one occasion in Australia where she claims she was held hostage for three days.

In her bombshell witness statement the actress claims:

Mr Depp allegedly told her 'death was the only way out of the relationship' before their divorce in 2016;

She also claims Mr Depp kneeled on her back and hit the back of her head in a row in Tokyo over a pre-nuptial agreement;

If Miss Heard attempted to seduce him while wearing something 'sexy' - her megastar husband would call her 'whore', 'slut', 'fame-hungry', 'gold-digger' and 'an attention whore'. Later he would say 'well I'm going to have to watch you get raped' and 'I hope you get railed by a bunch of f**king fellas.'

Depp took their dog Boo and held her out of the window of the moving car while 'howling like a dog';

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hnny-Depp.html
    Thanks for posting this Sarzy.
    It's so graphic (to me) that I didn't even read the whole title without my stomach rolling & starting to vomit.

My ex tried to kill me. He beat me and punched me in the face, jaw and neck. He put his hands around my throat and squeezed and squeezed. I considered myself luck, I passed out (oxygen deprivation) so I don't remember everything.
    I think that he cracked my jaw, I know that he broke my teeth.
    I am still living with these effects twenty years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ Exactly. I'm sure she signed an NDA and none of this would have been made public if he hadn't filed this lawsuit. Dumbass.

I would've left him after that. [/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Fawlty View Post
    That would have been a deal maker for me, too.
    I'm sorry but having actually experienced this kind of abuse I don't agree that you would have.
    Do you know why?
    Because he would have spent time isolating you (lockdown has nothing in these men) from friends, family and anyone that you might be able to trust or rely on.
    Your friends (if you have any) will be similarly abused women.
    You would have spent too many days tiptoeing around him so that you don't trigger an incident - at first he would be the most loving man you would ever believe could exist.
    Gaslighting has nothing on these men and they have some kind of fucking radar to pinpoint the person that is susceptible to this type of behaviour.
    In all likelihood, the background of the woman has already made them more conditioned to this sort of behaviour - my mother was violent and controlling my "home" life was not a safe haven I was abused by my sister (she also beat me and pimped me out); school was the same. I grew used to pain and eventually indifferent to it. Recent medical studies show that this reaction to pain continues into adulthood.
    You will do anything to "normalise" his behaviour and do not discuss. To anyone. Ever.
    Because he has convinced you that you are wrong. Black is white, up is down, you're doing it wrong.

By the time he hits you for the first time, you have nowhere to run to. No-one to trust. No-one to run to. But you don't have your own money or your own home/safe space because he has already relentlessly worked you over emotionally and financially...
    Home is already a battleground. You have sex when he wants it, even I you don't so that you don't "trigger" him... again...

You don't tell anyone because it's all your fault.

You stayed with him.

Why didn't you just leave.....

So yeah, I can bring a unique perspective to this situation and, trust me, I am so very glad that the majority of you just don't get it because that means that you haven't had to live like this, just trying to survive each day, each hour, the next few minutes..... and it makes me happy that this wasn't your life.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to vomit (again) and find my anti-anxiety meds because I will never get any sleep tonight otherwise, I will just be lying in bed awake reliving him punching me in the face, the gritty feel of broken teeth in my mouth and the tightness of his hands around my throat....

I hope that you take the time to read the above (sorry didn't intend it to be so long) as yes, I know my viewpoint is skewed, but I hope it brings some insight into what really happened behind some of the closed doors....
    palta and funky_chicken like this.

czb

i am so sorry, nov.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i am so sorry, nov.
    Thank you my lovely but guess what - I'm still here!

I saw him about 10 years after it happened, I was working for a tech company, driving a sports car, had an amazing apartment, making good money, etc etc etc.
    He tried to intimidate me, had my car broken into etc etc. It didn't work.
    But.... there is a reason why I'm the "before" of a diet advert and why I live alone with a big dog....

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    And I fucking love you for it Sassiness!!!
    I'm so glad that there are women out there like you. Thank you for doing what you do.

Thanks for posting this Sarzy.
    It's so graphic (to me) that I didn't even read the whole title without my stomach rolling & starting to vomit.

My ex tried to kill me. He beat me and punched me in the face, jaw and neck. He put his hands around my throat and squeezed and squeezed. I considered myself luck, I passed out (oxygen deprivation) so I don't remember everything.
    I think that he cracked my jaw, I know that he broke my teeth.
    I am still living with these effects twenty years later.

I'm sorry but having actually experienced this kind of abuse I don't agree that you would have.
    Do you know why?
    Because he would have spent time isolating you (lockdown has nothing in these men) from friends, family and anyone that you might be able to trust or rely on.
    Your friends (if you have any) will be similarly abused women.
    You would have spent too many days tiptoeing around him so that you don't trigger an incident - at first he would be the most loving man you would ever believe could exist.
    Gaslighting has nothing on these men and they have some kind of fucking radar to pinpoint the person that is susceptible to this type of behaviour.
    In all likelihood, the background of the woman has already made them more conditioned to this sort of behaviour - my mother was violent and controlling my "home" life was not a safe haven I was abused by my sister (she also beat me and pimped me out); school was the same. I grew used to pain and eventually indifferent to it. Recent medical studies show that this reaction to pain continues into adulthood.
    You will do anything to "normalise" his behaviour and do not discuss. To anyone. Ever.
    Because he has convinced you that you are wrong. Black is white, up is down, you're doing it wrong.

By the time he hits you for the first time, you have nowhere to run to. No-one to trust. No-one to run to. But you don't have your own money or your own home/safe space because he has already relentlessly worked you over emotionally and financially...
    Home is already a battleground. You have sex when he wants it, even I you don't so that you don't "trigger" him... again...

You don't tell anyone because it's all your fault.

You stayed with him.

Why didn't you just leave.....

So yeah, I can bring a unique perspective to this situation and, trust me, I am so very glad that the majority of you just don't get it because that means that you haven't had to live like this, just trying to survive each day, each hour, the next few minutes..... and it makes me happy that this wasn't your life.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to vomit (again) and find my anti-anxiety meds because I will never get any sleep tonight otherwise, I will just be lying in bed awake reliving him punching me in the face, the gritty feel of broken teeth in my mouth and the tightness of his hands around my throat....

I hope that you take the time to read the above (sorry didn't intend it to be so long) as yes, I know my viewpoint is skewed, but I hope it brings some insight into what really happened behind some of the closed doors....
    ''I'm sorry but having actually experienced this kind of abuse I don't agree that you would have.''.

Am I right in thinking that this was your response to my comment?
    If so, I should explain a few things from my early life which was chaotic and utterly devoid of peace and calm. I realised from the age of 12 that my mother was being raped, beaten and psychologically abused by my father, on an almost daily basis. Nothing was worse than being constantly woken by the sound of my mother, the other side of my bedroom wall, sobbing and pleading to be left alone and begging my father to stop anally raping her. Afterwards, she'd leave the house and walk the cold, wet streets, alone and wearing just a nightie and slippers. Even now I can still hear her voice pleading, constantly, for him to leave her alone and stop doing 'things' that could only be described as ''RAPEY''. My childhood and teenage years were a living hell with a father who spent every hour of every day telling me that I was ugly, that I would never get married and that I was of no use to the human race. At the age of 18 I started to train as a nurse and he was disgusted by my choice of 'profession'. I went to university, I became a nurse practitioner. I was a nurse prescriber, I set up a home blood transfusion service that was successful in keeping terminally ill patients at home whilst being given life-prolonging treatments of blood and blood products. It was the first and only service of its kind in Wales and it was my greatest accomplishment. I spent many times suffering from anxiety attacks but was too young to know what they were and struggled to find a means of dealing with them. At the same time I kept waves of fear and palpitations.....and being too young to know what to do meant that I slid into a period of time in my life which was punctuated by episodes of drunkenness and poor behaviour, although I was lucky to have kept my virginity until I was saved by my wonderful husband!!!!!! . I was an alcoholic at the age of thirteen with nobody to rely on but myself. I often sat up on the mountain, overlooking my town, from the age of 13, often in the miserable British weather, and trying and failing to figure out what the fukk I needed to do to stay alert and function as a human being. I had no money, no parental support and a mother who needed the help that I wasn't able to give her and vice-versa. I often thought of killing myself and yet something seemed to stop me from doing so......I still don't know how I survived. However, after several years of intense therapy, and for the first time in my life I am in a place where I feel safe, happy in my relationship, at peace with the world and everything in it. I have to work hard every day to maintain a healthy mental approach to things and can never let my guard down. It isn't easy, nothing, in life, ever is....but the only way that I can be the woman that I deserve to be is by keeping my eye on the ball. Nothing is easy, in this world, but it sure beats being six foot under! However, I have been a recovering alcoholic for 20+ years. I must be doing something right!
    APOLOGIES IF I MISUNDERSTOOD YOUR POST.
    Last edited by Mrs Fawlty; July 21st, 2020 at 08:10 PM.

''I'm sorry but having actually experienced this kind of abuse I don't agree that you would have.''.

If so, I would 'like' to explain a few things from my early life which was chaotic and utterly devoid of peace and calm. I realised from the age of 12 that my mother was being raped, beaten and psychologically abused by my father, on an almost daily basis. Nothing was worse than being constantly woken by the sound of my mother, the other side of my bedroom wall, sobbing and pleading to be left alone and begging my father to stop anally raping her. She used to sob uncontrollably and would leave the house and walk the cold, wet streets, alone and wearing only a nightie and slippers. Even now I can still hear her voice pleading with him to leave her alone and stop doing 'things' that could only be described as ''RAPEY''. My childhood and teenage years were a living hell with a father who spent every hour of every day telling me that I was ugly, would never get married and would be of no use to the human race. I decided to train as a nurse and he was disgusted by my choice of 'profession'. I went to university, became a nurse practitioner. I was a prescriber, I set up a home blood transfusion service that was successful in keeping terminally ill patients at home whilst being given blood and blood products. It was the first and only service of its kind in Wales and it was my greatest accomplishment. I spent many times suffering from anxiety attacks but was too young to know what they were and struggled to find a means of dealing with them. Being stricken by waves of fear and palpitations.....and being too young to know what to do meant that I slid into a period of time in my life which was punctuated by episodes of drunkenness and poor behaviour, although I was lucky to have kept my virginity until I was saved by my wonderful husband!!!!!! . I was an alcoholic at the age of thirteen with nobody to rely on but myself. I often sat up on the mountain, overlooking my town, from the age of 13 and often in the miserable British weather, trying and failing to figure out what the fukk I could do to stay alive given that I had no money, no parental support and a mother who needed the help that I wasn't able to give her and vice-versa. I often thought of killing myself and yet something seemed to stop me from doing so......I still don't know how I survived. However, after several years of intense therapy, and for the first time in my life I am in a place where I feel safe, happy in my relationship, at peace with the world and everything in it. I have to work hard every day to maintain a healthy mental approach to things and can never let my guard down. It isn't easy, nothing, in life, ever is....but the only way that I can be the woman that I deserve to be is by keeping my eye on the ball. Nothing is easy, in this world, but it sure beats being six foot under! But I am a recovering alcoholic and have been for 20+ years. I must be doing something right!
    Nov was responding to the part of someone’s post that said that they would have left Johnny after being abused. She was saying that it’s not that easy to leave even after abuse because of being socially isolated and left in fear.

I’m so sorry that this happened to you and to Nov.
    czb, crayzeehappee, Novice and 2 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Nov was responding to the part of someone’s post that said that they would have left Johnny after being abused. She was saying that it’s not that easy to leave even after abuse because of being socially isolated and left in fear.

I sincerely thank you for your words of wisdom and for bringing clarity to the discussion. they were very much appreciated by me. xx
    Novice and NickiDrea like this.

If so, I should explain a few things from my early life which was chaotic and utterly devoid of peace and calm. I realised from the age of 12 that my mother was being raped, beaten and psychologically abused by my father, on an almost daily basis. Nothing was worse than being constantly woken by the sound of my mother, the other side of my bedroom wall, sobbing and pleading to be left alone and begging my father to stop anally raping her. Afterwards, she'd leave the house and walk the cold, wet streets, alone and wearing just a nightie and slippers. Even now I can still hear her voice pleading, constantly, for him to leave her alone and stop doing 'things' that could only be described as ''RAPEY''. My childhood and teenage years were a living hell with a father who spent every hour of every day telling me that I was ugly, that I would never get married and that I was of no use to the human race. At the age of 18 I started to train as a nurse and he was disgusted by my choice of 'profession'. I went to university, I became a nurse practitioner. I was a nurse prescriber, I set up a home blood transfusion service that was successful in keeping terminally ill patients at home whilst being given life-prolonging treatments of blood and blood products. It was the first and only service of its kind in Wales and it was my greatest accomplishment. I spent many times suffering from anxiety attacks but was too young to know what they were and struggled to find a means of dealing with them. At the same time I kept waves of fear and palpitations.....and being too young to know what to do meant that I slid into a period of time in my life which was punctuated by episodes of drunkenness and poor behaviour, although I was lucky to have kept my virginity until I was saved by my wonderful husband!!!!!! . I was an alcoholic at the age of thirteen with nobody to rely on but myself. I often sat up on the mountain, overlooking my town, from the age of 13, often in the miserable British weather, and trying and failing to figure out what the fukk I needed to do to stay alert and function as a human being. I had no money, no parental support and a mother who needed the help that I wasn't able to give her and vice-versa. I often thought of killing myself and yet something seemed to stop me from doing so......I still don't know how I survived. However, after several years of intense therapy, and for the first time in my life I am in a place where I feel safe, happy in my relationship, at peace with the world and everything in it. I have to work hard every day to maintain a healthy mental approach to things and can never let my guard down. It isn't easy, nothing, in life, ever is....but the only way that I can be the woman that I deserve to be is by keeping my eye on the ball. Nothing is easy, in this world, but it sure beats being six foot under! However, I have been a recovering alcoholic for 20+ years. I must be doing something right!
    MrsFawlty I am sorry that you went through this.

I get really pissed off with people saying shit like "she should have left" "it's her own fault for staying" "she went back to him".... etc etc. Oh and my personal favourite "I would have left him the 1st time he hit me" blah blah blah....
    The victim blaming.
    The victim shaming.
    The abuser absolving.

Also I know you personally to be a warm, intelligent, considered, thoughtful human that I enjoy interacting with; so I wish to apologise for my generalisation.
    I was using your post as an example, not a specific "line in the sand".

But, as always, Nicki said it better than I ever could.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post

I'm also angry, very angry at the glib bullshit of people sitting in judgement of the shit that other people have to live through; the violence, the rape, the anxiety, the depression, the self-harm, the suicidal thoughts, the financial turmoil that other people's lives can be.

I sincerely thank you for your words of wisdom and for bringing clarity to the discussion. they were very much appreciated by me. xx
    My thanks also.
    Last edited by Novice; July 21st, 2020 at 09:05 PM.

Sassiness, you are a true knight in shining armor.

I'm so sorry, Nov & Mrs Fawlty. Thank you for having the courage to share your stories with us.
    Novice and Mrs Fawlty like this.

Elite Member

This has always scared me for my children. My son had an abusive GF. He finally broke up with her.
    I always told my daughters if a boy puts his hands on you make the first time the last time. I said they will apologize, say it will never happen again, but this is how it starts.
    I never thought we would have to tell our son that.
    I would stress to my girls that these guys would try to isolate them. I told them their dad and I would ask no questions, not pass judgement that we were there to keep them safe.
    I'm so sorry for all of you have gone through this.
    I still tell my grown children this, I want them to know that I am always here for them.
    My father was abusive, and I don't want anyone to have to live through that.
    Novice, Sarzy and weathered1 like this.

Novice, you wrote your comment so vividly I can feel the pain, terror and anxiety. I wish I couldn't relate. I'm so happy you got away. I'm sorry the damage was done and you can't ever truly escape the memory.

Victim blaming is such an acceptable behavior in our society and like you said, the only possible good thing about it is that means most people haven't experienced it. Trust, victims blame themselves more than society can even imagine.

Me? I feel like a puppet. I am two different people, in my head I know what is right and wrong, what I should do, how I should handle things. And then I get around him, and I'm someone else. It's like I become a stepford robot, programmed to give the appropriate response. Sometimes the real me comes out and that's when the fights happen. But obviously some part of me is participating in this game, and I hate her and I can't seem to make her stop. So what part is real? A part of me finds extreme comfort and satisfaction in his company, so how can I be a victim?

The only thing I "enjoy" about this public messy trial is to know that I'm not the only person who lives a shame filled, dysfunctional secret life.
    Novice likes this.

So sorry to everyone here who has experience of living with an abuser and/or being at the receiving end of abuse.

You are a lovely person Sarzy.
    I actually am very happy there there are people that have no idea what it's like to experience this because it means that they haven't had this in their lives.
    It makes me happy to know that there is hope.

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    This has always scared me for my children. My son had an abusive GF. He finally broke up with her.
    I always told my daughters if a boy puts his hands on you make the first time the last time. I said they will apologize, say it will never happen again, but this is how it starts.
    I never thought we would have to tell our son that.
    I would stress to my girls that these guys would try to isolate them. I told them their dad and I would ask no questions, not pass judgement that we were there to keep them safe.
    I'm so sorry for all of you have gone through this.
    I still tell my grown children this, I want them to know that I am always here for them.
    My father was abusive, and I don't want anyone to have to live through that.
    Yes, I'm sorry that I did not acknowledge that this is not simply a male-on-frmale crime.
    For every two women that are abused, one male is abused.
    There are online resources that can help him - https://www.mankind.org.uk/help-for-...omestic-abuse/
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    Novice, you wrote your comment so vividly I can feel the pain, terror and anxiety. I wish I couldn't relate. I'm so happy you got away. I'm sorry the damage was done and you can't ever truly escape the memory.

Victim blaming is such an acceptable behavior in our society and like you said, the only possible good thing about it is that means most people haven't experienced it. Trust, victims blame themselves more than society can even imagine.

Me? I feel like a puppet. I am two different people, in my head I know what is right and wrong, what I should do, how I should handle things. And then I get around him, and I'm someone else. It's like I become a stepford robot, programmed to give the appropriate response. Sometimes the real me comes out and that's when the fights happen. But obviously some part of me is participating in this game, and I hate her and I can't seem to make her stop. So what part is real? A part of me finds extreme comfort and satisfaction in his company, so how can I be a victim?

The only thing I "enjoy" about this public messy trial is to know that I'm not the only person who lives a shame filled, dysfunctional secret life.
    Dex that was very eloquent, yes, at least two people. It might help you reconciled the two, to realise that stepford-wife is a survival tactic - she is keeping you safe or trying too.
    Sometimes it's more important to reach the end of the day, more or less unscathed. To learn to live, first we need to survive.

I've been locked in survival for a long time, and I am tired.
    I am tired at watching others (being successful and happy) thinking that I want some of that but I am also tired of not being able to trust my own judgement.
    I'm tired of living in fear at a primeval level; I've had about four hours sleep having woken up and struggled to go back to sleep and when my PTSD kicked in I ate loads of stuff in my kitchen.
    Since I was abused I have doubled my body weight and that also makes me angry - at my abuser and also at myself for not having the fortitude to deal with my issues and not eat my feelings.

I don't want to get into the whole "what Amber Heard did or did not experience" conversation.
    I am glad that it is becoming clearer that *anyone* can be an abuser or subject to abuse. It is not one strand of economic-society, not one colour, class, race, profession or gender.
    It is not limited to one of two things - here is a link to 12 (yep twelve!) different kinds of abuse, each one having multiple examples.
    https://www.mankind.org.uk/help-for-...omestic-abuse/

The only way we can stop this being shameful for the victim is to understand the depth and breadth of the issue and support the victims/survivors so that they can heal and move forward. The number of people that grew up in an abusive environment & then are either the abuser or abused......
    Sarzy and dexter7 like this.

Since i was one that said she should have left and also one to stay in an abusive marriage much longer than i should,i must clarify my reasoning.None of you were Amber Heard.No one was a movie star with friends and lovers in and out,already sued for DV yourself,with money of yoyr own and a career ,lawyers ready to defend you just for fame..and so on .Every case is an individual one.Every woman has her reasons for staying or leaving.Like you and me.BUT,i am NOT johhny,s ex and a movie star,neither is you.I totally understand your pain,but when i criticize,i do not compare.
    rollo likes this.

effie, you never have to explain yourself to me. I know you have a good heart. I have to admit I don't care for Amber, but yes, that doesn't mean she wasn't a victim. Sometimes women are the abusers, but in this case I feel like Johnny initiated the craziness, he probably didn't realize she was going to fight back. So I will say good on her, and it's a shame they have to parade the ugliness in public because he is so deeply offended by the wife beater term. They got physical, he should just shut up and vow to not treat someone like that again.

There is never a reason to get physical. Never ever ever. Emotional and verbal abuse are horrid enough.

sorry to edit one more time. Sometimes I wonder if I had the monetary means to walk away if it would have made things easier. I have to think so, but I can't say for sure. Right now my cage is wide open, (except money wise), but I stay frozen on my perch. I poke my nose out, I've gotten so close, but his shadow walks by and I retreat. I try to forgive myself, 25 years is a long time. But at the same time I hate my weakness.
    effie2, CornFlakegrl, czb and 2 others like this.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information