Page 53 of 154 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Like Tree7776Likes

Thread: Amber Heard Files for Divorce from Johnny Depp

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    marmar - that was posted on the previous page. you might want to delete it.
    My bad, i didn't know it was already posted . I deleted it.

czb

thanks!

Benicio Del Toro Saw Johnny Depp and Amber Heard Not That Long Ago and They Seemed Fine!

In today’s edition of Famous Dudes Proving Why It’s So Traumatic For Women to Report Abuse By Saying Dumb Shit, we have actor Benicio Del Toro running his mouth about why he thinks Amber Heard is lying. Not because he has any proof of Johnny’s innocence—no, of course he doesn’t—but because he saw them at dinner once and they looked pretty chill.

After describing Depp (with whom he starred in Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas) as “a nice guy, very caring, very smart,” Del Toro told the New York Daily News:
    “What I know, there’s a lot of trouble from the girl that sounds a little manipulative. It sounds a little bit like there’s something really twisted about that girl ... but I don’t know the specifics.”

[...]
    “It seems the fact that his mom passed away and she filed for divorce two days later and then she wants money and she’s saying she got hit, it’s almost like, wait, I saw them not too long ago. Maybe it was January, a dinner for the Oscars or something like that. He was there with her and they were fine.”

The girl sounds manipulative. It sounds like the girl is twisted. I don’t know the specifics. She wants money. They were fine when I saw them.

Oh, your friend didn’t seem like a violent man on the set of your shitty movie? A woman wasn’t sobbing at dinner, so she couldn’t possibly have been a victim of abuse? Next time you want to share your thoughts on women and domestic violence, tell them to your Oscar.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

czb

maybe benicio should also speak out on brock's behalf. *facepalm*

"He wasn't beating her in public, they seemed fine!".
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Elite Member

Yeah, seeing them in public doesn't mean anything.
    I am not sure I believe her, it's possible, especially seeing how he appears to have gone downhill, but something seems off to me.
    A part of me feels like she was hoping a smear campaign would result in a huge payout for her.
    Like Depp would pay her to go away, so the courts,and CA law would have little or no say, in their settlement.
    Kittylady likes this.

"I saw Mussolini just last week. He was making the trains run on time. Good man!"

Someone mentioned how the lapd never arrest abusers with money or a title but they arrested Chris Brown. And even though Rihanna didn't cooperate fully with them, her bruises and pictures spoke for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    This fucking thread is making my blood boil. No wonder people are leaving the board. I just can't deal with this shit.
    So, people want to leave over differing opinions? So far with all that's being said and released is by AH camp! The minute the police says they're issuing an arrest warrant for JD due to overwhelming evidence then maybe we folks with our own brains and opinions will get off the fence. By for me, nope.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Yeah I don't understand what is pissing folks off enough to leave.

I think what makes it tricky (and frankly, interesting) is that it seems (to me! IMO! ) likely that Depp lost his shit and hurt her in some way. Personally, I think he chucked the phone. But Amber does come off as spinning the tale. Now hear me out before I get labelled pro wife beating!

Those texts she released totes made it sound like he hit her on the plane and it wasn't the first time. The texts were out of context. The only frame of reference the public had was the current shit and her bruised faced so naturally everyone assumed the "it keeps happening" stuff was about him hitting her. But the real story is he was fucked up and she locked herself in a bathroom. Being a drunk dick I assume.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT IS OK. In fact, it's bad enough. But if you are going to be the hero of truth telling then tell the WHOLE truth. NO spin/partial texts/out of context stories. Just honesty. Or you know, file your charges and be quiet. Or get your divorce and move on. I mean she doesn't owe anyone an explanation for anything.

Anyway, I think it's the spin that is making people pause/cringe/doubt. If that weren't obvious, this would be a different thread. I think. I mean I've been here many moons and this is not a board that excuses abuse.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    So, people want to leave over differing opinions? So far with all that's being said and released is by AH camp! The minute the police says they're issuing an arrest warrant for JD due to overwhelming evidence then maybe we folks with our own brains and opinions will get off the fence. By for me, nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post

I think what makes it tricky (and frankly, interesting) is that it seems (to me! IMO! ) likely that Depp lost his shit and hurt her in some way. Personally, I think he chucked the phone. But Amber does come off as spinning the tale. Now hear me out before I get labelled pro wife beating!

Those texts she released totes made it sound like he hit her on the plane and it wasn't the first time. The texts were out of context. The only frame of reference the public had was the current shit and her bruised faced so naturally everyone assumed the "it keeps happening" stuff was about him hitting her. But the real story is he was fucked up and she locked herself in a bathroom. Being a drunk dick I assume.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT IS OK. In fact, it's bad enough. But if you are going to be the hero of truth telling then tell the WHOLE truth. NO spin/partial texts/out of context stories. Just honesty. Or you know, file your charges and be quiet. Or get your divorce and move on. I mean she doesn't owe anyone an explanation for anything.

Anyway, I think it's the spin that is making people pause/cringe/doubt. If that weren't obvious, this would be a different thread. I think. I mean I've been here many moons and this is not a board that excuses abuse.
    Thank you. I'm not getting it either. It's at the point where I'm reluctant to post anything in this thread lest I offend someone who thinks I am victim-blaming or being disrespectful to DV victims. Which couldn't be further from the truth.

I also think it's more likely than not that Depp got physical with her which I don't condone in ANY way. I don't see why that means I can't side eye Amber for the way this has been presented to the public. It certainly seems possible that she is motivated by things other than, or in addition to, finding justice. This doesn't mean I'm giving Depp a pass here.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

As a lesbian, I hate the double standard as shown by Celebitchy that same sex partner abuse should be brushed off and the REAL problem is man/woman domestic abuse. Right now, the only one of the two who has a documented history of domestic violence is Amber, and yeah, the differing circumstances mean something to me. In Amber's case, the phone call was made by a good friend/maybe girlfriend who was not even present, the police saw no injuries or a disturbed room upon arrival and Depp wasn't even there, and Amber has declined the police's invitation to give an actual statement. That's a lot different than in Amber's case, where she and her gf were fighting in a public place and it was witnessed by a police officer who had no connection to either of them.

On places like Jezebel and Celebitchy, there's a massive double standard. If Depp had an arrest like that in his past, it would be game over. Already people have kept bringing up his 20 year old arrest for trashing a hotel room (with no other people apparently involved) as "proof of his violence." Depp's exes who have spoken out (Sherilynn Fenn, his ex-wife, Vanessa) are denigrated as "bought and paid for," and the ones who haven't said anything have their silence taken as "proof" they were abused. Meanwhile Amber's past arrest is excused because "her past is irrelevant" (a mantra on Celebitchy currently).
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

It is never, ever okay for one partner in a relationship to hit or otherwise abuse the other partner. Period.

I can believe that to the core of my being and still wonder why Amber has yet to give a police report when she seems to have no qualms about trying this case in the court of public opinion.

The two are not mutually exclusive.
    louiswinthorpe111 and dabdob like this.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    This fucking thread is making my blood boil. No wonder people are leaving the board. I just can't deal with this shit.
    yes, I have stopped reading most of the posts in this thread. And, I honestly don't know what to believe with this break up and abuse, it's just odd that Amber's team keep speaking about Depp to the media. They should wait until the court case.

Default Benicio Del Toro on Amber Heard: ‘There’s Something Really Twisted About That Girl'

Leonardo DiCaprio Is Not Dating Roxy Horner - Us Weekly

Another star jumping into the fray! Johnny Depp’s friend Benicio Del Toro has said he thinks something is off about Amber Heard’s abuse allegations.

“What I know, there’s a lot of trouble from the girl that sounds a little manipulative,” he told the New York Daily News’ Confidential on Tuesday, June 7. “It sounds a little bit like there’s something really twisted about that girl … but I don’t know the specifics.”

Del Toro, 49, who costarred with Depp, 53, in 1998’s Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, called the actor “a nice guy, very caring, very smart.”

“It seems the fact that his mom passed away and she filed for divorce two days later, and then she wants money and she’s saying she got hit, it’s almost like, wait, I saw them not too long ago,” Del Toro continued. "Maybe it was January, a dinner for the Oscars or something like that. He was there with her and they were fine.”

The 30-year-old actress filed for divorce and asked for spousal support on May 23, just a few days after Depp’s mother, Betty Sue Palmer, passed away. Then, on May 27, she requested a domestic violence restraining order and presented photographic evidence of the alleged abuse, including one photo of a black eye. She says she obtained the injury on May 21 after Depp threw a cellphone at her face. Despite her claims, police told Us Weekly they saw no evidence for a report when they were called to the couple’s L.A. home that night.

“Given the brevity of this marriage and the most recent tragic loss of his mother, Johnny will not respond to any of the salacious false stories, gossip, misinformation and lies about his personal life,” his rep told Us Weekly in a statement on May 26. “Hopefully, the dissolution of this short marriage will be resolved quickly.” Depp has yet to speak out about the allegations, and he has been busy touring Europe with his band, Hollywood Vampires.

Del Toro isn’t the only one to back up the Pirates of the Caribbean actor. Depp’s pal Doug Stanhope wrote an op-ed for The Wrap that claimed Depp told him and another friend that Heard threatened to blackmail the actor if he didn’t give her what she wanted in the divorce. Depp’s former partner of 14 years, Vanessa Paradis, and his 17-year-old daughter, Lily-Rose, have also publicly defended him. The Alice Through the Looking Glass actor’s divorce attorney, Laura Wasser, has argued that Heard is using the allegations to secure financial gain, since Depp has an estimated $400 million fortune.

On Tuesday, June 7, TMZ reported that the Danish Girl actress was once arrested for domestic violence for a heated argument with her ex-girlfriend Tasya van Ree at the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, but charges were never filed. Later, van Ree came forward to defend her ex and said Heard was “wrongfully accused.” The Rum Diary actress has also received support from several of her pals, including her friend iO Tillett Wright who claims she was on the telephone line during the alleged May 21 cellphone incident and will testify under oath.

The estranged spouses will go to court on Friday, June 17. “He’s going to defend himself, then give her what is ordered,” a source previously told Us.
    dabdob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    So, people want to leave over differing opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Wait, people are honestly flouncing (or threatening to flounce) over this thread?
    arie_skop and Gossiplover like this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Thread Information