Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and wife MacKenzie announce divorce on Twitter

fgg

Ronan Farrow says National Enquirer tried to blackmail him too

Ronan Farrow says he’s also been threatened by the National Enquirer, following Jeff Bezos‘ bombshell allegation that the tabloid tried to blackmail him with nude selfies.

“I and at least one other prominent journalist involved in breaking stories about the National Enquirer’s arrangement with Trump fielded similar ‘stop digging or we’ll ruin you’ blackmail efforts from AMI,” Farrow tweeted Thursday evening.

“(I did not engage as I don’t cut deals with subjects of ongoing reporting.)”

Earlier Thursday, the Amazon CEO alleged that American Media Inc. — the Enquirer’s parent company — threatened to publish a nude photo of him if he didn’t stop investigating the magazine’s exposure of his affair and publicly declare that its reporting hadn’t been “politically motivated.”

AMI — which is run by David Pecker, a longtime pal of President Trump — has admitted to buying the rights to potentially embarrassing stories about the commander-in-chief in an effort to keep them from seeing the light of day.

In an April 2018 piece for The New Yorker, Farrow detailed the relationship between Pecker and Trump and said the magazine bought and buried stories to help his 2016 presidential campaign.

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/07/ronan...ackmailed-him/
    Brookie, Nevan, HWBL and 2 others like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I don't care what your feelings are about Bezos, but he's clearly being extorted by AMI and that scummy Mr. Woodpecker (and his minions).

I've read a few shitty articles about Gavin de Becker, but "Gift of Fear" was spot on. When I read that book, it validated years and years of my family making fun of all the little hairs on the back of my neck that stand up.

What is Woodpecker getting out of buying stories that paint Trump in a shitty way? I get they are pals or whatever, but someone doesn't just lay out hundreds of thousands of dollars (I bet there's plenty more that we haven't heard about) for nothing. No friend is worth that, especially Trump. So what's the quid pro quo?

I'm actually surprised Ronan Farrow didn't already release the extortion attempt against him. He seems like a very level headed guy (especially for the weird childhood he's had).

Also, there was a discussion upthread about Bezos' wife deserving her half for having to have relations with Bezos. I really have no opinion on Bezos either way, but didn't they start Amazon out of their garage? She's been with him since the beginning, and that should entitle her to half of the family fortune, not because she had to look at his wonky eye or whatever. I just don't think it's fair to lessen her role in making Amazon a success just because she's divorcing Bezos. It's THEIR billions, not his. ETA: I'm sorry, I went back and tried to read the beginning but I think I'm mistaking his mistress being talked about instead of his wife. I should probably be in bed and not bitching on the internet, lol.

Sorry, I'm cranky because my strep throat came back with a vengeance and between the razor blades in my throat and the enlarged glands swelling up my neck, I'm just miserable.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

I have mixed feelings about Bezos. I don't know how a guy goes off the rails so far for someone who is pretty sketchy. It sounds like a mid-life crisis gone amuck. As a guy who has been married even longer than Bezos, it makes me wonder if there is some kind of zombie virus out there that could cause me to lose control of my rational senses in the same way. The guy is a lot smarter than me, and he did this.

With regard to the Enquirer - if you read the articles, what really set off Pecker is the fact that the Post is somehow looking into his relationship with the Saudis. That is a huge, blind-siding WTF to me - because I can't even figure out how they relate to AMI. I guarantee there is something incredibly effed up going on with that angle for them to screw up this badly.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

@Nevan - what does Pecker get out of stomping on anti-Trump stories? Access to and favours from a very, very powerful man. And probably access to as much dubiously obtained dirt on as many people as he wants.

@Mo - the world would have to turn upside down and sideways for you to pull a Bezos. We all know an eternally smitten man when we see one
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    @Mo - the world would have to turn upside down and sideways for you to pull a Bezos. We all know an eternally smitten man when we see one
    I am. I was supposed to take our daughter out to get sushi as soon as I got home from work, but Mrs Mo got home at the same time. Even though she had a grueling week at work, she looked amazing, and threw my schedule off because I lost about 5 minutes squeezing her.
    Nevan, Kittylady and weathered1 like this.

So, you "got a room"? Yep.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Elite Member

If you believe the BI's, it's Lauren who leaked the info. I see today her brother is being blamed in the media. I love my bro, but there is no way I would "share" intimate texts or nude photos with him. Seems all to convenient to blame him.

1) Bezos's wife was the bookkeeper/accountant when Amazon started up, so she could absolutely get half.

2)Ronan Farrow has nude selfies out there? It didn't occur to me that he would do that. Due to his history and all.
    Nevan likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post

2)Ronan Farrow has nude selfies out there? It didn't occur to me that he would do that. Due to his history and all.
    I think the article was referring to the Bezos nude selfies, but I had to read it twice to get that.
    Nevan likes this.

Yeah, I'm a bit confused too. Ronan doesn't seem like the type to even have nude selfies.
    Brookie likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    If you believe the BI's, it's Lauren who leaked the info. I see today her brother is being blamed in the media. I love my bro, but there is no way I would "share" intimate texts or nude photos with him. Seems all to convenient to blame him.
    Daily Beast found 5 different sources, supposedly, that confirm the brother is the source. And today he admitted to it. I don't have the link at the moment, though.

I don't think that Lauren necessarily shared the phone content with her brother. He seems like a duplicitous little dirt bag who probably picked up her phone and checked it after she mentioned dating Bezos.
    fgg, Brookie and garysgirl1999 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Daily Beast found 5 different sources, supposedly, that confirm the brother is the source. And today he admitted to it. I don't have the link at the moment, though.

I don't think that Lauren necessarily shared the phone content with her brother. He seems like a duplicitous little dirt bag who probably picked up her phone and checked it after she mentioned dating Bezos.
    So, it's kind of a family trait, then?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post

I guess I am too skeptical. I still think it was Lauren and the brother is gonna take the fall for her. She reeks of gold digger to me.
    Labelwhore, lindsaywhit and Angeli like this.

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    I guess I am too skeptical. I still think it was Lauren and the brother is gonna take the fall for her. She reeks of gold digger to me.
    From this article:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mistre...-sources-say-7

The brother of Jeff Bezos’ mistress, Lauren Sanchez, supplied the couple’s racy texts to the National Enquirer, multiple sources inside AMI, the tabloid’s parent company, told The Daily Beast.

“The story was given to the National Enquirer by a reliable source that had given information to the National Enquirer for seven years prior to this story. It was a source that was well known to both Mr. Bezos and Ms. Sanchez,” attorney Elkan Abramowitz told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos.

Documents reviewed by The Daily Beast show that Michael Sanchez believed the Enquirer pursued its story about Bezos with “President Trump's knowledge and appreciation”—a chase encouraged, in Sanchez’s estimation, by Republican operatives “who THINK Jeff gets up every morning and has a WaPo meeting to plot its next diabolical attack on President Trump.”

The Daily Beast previously reported that de Becker had interviewed Sanchez as part of his probe. Of particular interest were his personal and business ties to some prominent figures in President Donald Trump’s orbit, including Roger Stone, Carter Page, and Scottie Nell Hughes. (Her private emails, it should be noted, were once leaked to an AMI-owned publication.)
    As The Daily Beast previously reported last week, documents show that Sanchez and Stone were in touch about the National Enquirer story in the days after it ran.
    “I’ve never hacked anyone,” Stone told The Daily Beast, which had neither suggested or asked if he had. “I do know Michael Sanchez—very good guy.”
    He certainly was a reliable and public supporter of the president. “For anyone too stupid or too bitter to admit Mueller’s pack of @POTUS-hating @TheDemocrats is leading an out-of-control witch hunt, read about @jerome_corsi," Sanchez wrote in a more-or-less typical tweet. “Muellerism = McCarthyism.”

Sanchez’s alleged involvement in the Bezos leak, and his ties to various Trumpworld figures, has informed investigators’ conclusions that the disclosure was at least in part politically motivated, a finding that drew intense efforts from AMI to insulate the Enquirer’s reporting from any allegations that they were seeking to please Trump, a close friend of AMI chief executive David Pecker.
    But those efforts backfired in dramatic fashion last week, after Bezos publicly posted copies of emails sent by AMI executive Dylan Howard and lawyer John Fine. In one of those emails, Howard threatened to publish sexually suggestive photos of Bezos and Sanchez if The Washington Post didn’t back off its investigations of the Enquirer.
    [COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]
    [/COLOR]

Well, that just bought a whole other level of ick to this already icky story.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information