Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Amanda Peterson 'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Dies at 43

Elite Member

Poor thing. Life was not kind to her. She looks rather haggard in those photos.

I'm hoping the person who took these charming photos of her didn't pay her with the meth or whatever that killed her. Oh, i know, let's roll out the headband, the Harley, and the SNAKE! That will be something else. Bless her soul.

Such a sad story

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    She looks high as a kite to me in those photos. And she was never stunning, not even in her prime. Cute, yes, but not even above-average cute. Sorry.

you're right, she looks wrecked!
    Beeyotch and Bombshell like this.

Elite Member

Sorry my phone won't let me copy over the article. Bunch of mugshots over the years... meth is a hell of a drug!
    Downfall of an 80s icon: Mugshots show sad decline of Can't Buy Me Love star Amanda Peterson before her death - 3am & Mirror Online

Amanda Peterson’s fame, looks faded as the film star descended into drugs, fights, jail time

AP Amanda Peterson in "Can't Buy Me Love." Peterson, best known for her role in the 1987 romantic comedy, has died. She was 43.

The search into the death of beloved 80's film star Amanda Peterson has revealed a troubled past.
    The "Can't Buy Me Love" actress, who was found dead Sunday at age 43, was arrested several times in her hometown of Greeley, Colorado over the past two decades, the Daily News has learned.
    PATRICK DEMPSEY HONORS LATE CO-STAR AMANDA PETERSON
    Weld County Sheriff's Office Booking photos from the Weld County Sheriff's Office of Phyllis Amanda Peterson, taken in (l. to r.) 2000, 2003, 2005 and 2012.

Her most recent run-in with the law occurred in 2012, when she was booked for a DUI and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to the Weld County Sheriff's Office.
    She was arrested for third-degree assault of a woman in 2010. Peterson, the mother of one, "appeared intoxicated” and "was slurring her speech," when she fought with the woman, according to a police report obtained by People.
    Amanda Peterson’s Fame Faded by Drugs, Fights, Jail Time
    NY Daily News

Her boyfriend at the time reportedly told police that she had been drinking while taking medication for ADHD and bipolar disorder.
    Booking records also reveal that the actress spent more than two months in jail after a 2005 arrest.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Cant buy me love was one of my favourite movies in the 80s

'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Cause of Death Massive Overdose

17 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE
    Amanda Peterson -- who starred in "Can't Buy Me Love" died from an accidental overdose of a deadly combination of drugs.
    The 43-year-old disappeared just before the 4th of July and her body was found on July 5th.

According to the Weld County Coroner in Colorado, Peterson had a variety of prescription drugs in her system, including benzodizepines (anti-anxiety meds), opiates and phenothiazines (an anti-psychotic medication). She also had marijuana in her system.

One of the drugs in her system -- Gabapentin -- was prescribed for pain and the medical examiner said she had 6 times the normal level in her system.

The report says Peterson was "naive to opiates."

The toxicology report says a week before her death she told someone she ingested morphine medication she got from friends. The reports says she was self-medicating to control pain.

As for why she died, the report says it was because of a "morphine effect" ... which causes respiratory failure.

Read more: 'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Amanda Peterson -- Cause of Death ... Massive Overdose | TMZ.com

Just what I thought. RIP.
    Annika likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Amanda Peterson's tragic secret revealed...

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/amanda-petersons-tragic-secret-revealed/ar-AAemsvK?li=AA59yp&ocid=

Wonderwall
    Mark Gray 4 hrs ago

© Touchtone Pictures/Promotional

The late Amanda Peterson carried a secret for most of her life, one that her family is now revealing and one that her mother said "affected her forever:" she was raped at the age of 15.

During an interview with "The Doctors," Sylvia Peterson said her daughter never spoke about the incident.

"At the height of Mandy's career, she suffered a very serious trauma. She had been raped," Sylvia said, explaining that the man who assaulted her was more than twice her age. "She just felt so ashamed. She didn't want people to know."

She added, "I think it affected her forever."

Amanda died in July of a drug overdose. A toxicology report revealed the former actress had multiple prescription drugs in her system, including anti-anxiety mediation, an anti-psychotic medication, pain medication and opiates. She also had marijuana in her system.

Amanda's dad said the rape actually led her to drugs.

"After [the rape], she became more defensive, less trusting, some of the sparkle was gone,", James Peterson said, adding that she went on to suffer "significant bipolar problems."

Amanda rose to fame in 1987 after playing Cindy Mancini in "Can't Buy Me Love." However, despite this career success, she led a troubled life that saw her in and out of jail for drug use.

On the TV show, the Peterson family went on to talk frankly about their discovery that Amanda was using heroin and meth.

"I want to stress why we're here is to warn and counsel people," James said. "We are among perhaps millions who have gone through these problems. You have to be very well attuned to what your children are doing, what they're saying. We all have to be more aware, and that doesn't diminish your love."

Quote Originally Posted by *Wookie-Chick* View Post
    "At the height of Mandy's career, she suffered a very serious trauma. She had been raped," Sylvia said, explaining that the man who assaulted her was more than twice her age. "She just felt so ashamed. She didn't want people to know."
    So lets tell the world now that she's dead.
    deenz likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

Shellee, i wonder if they wanted to tell Amanda's story to get it out into the open to hopefully help others who have survived sexual assault?

Amanda was in a lot of pain and we now know the reason for it.

She has the classic tweaker look down pat.
    Piss off!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information