Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Amanda Holden's daughter lets slip that Simon Cowell and Lauren Silverman split?

The thing is, he's apparently worth £385 million so obviously she wants the ring on her finger and the enormous payout afterwards.

ALISON BOSHOFF: An engagement ring he has never given. Cruel rumors about Mel B. And, six years after he fathered a child with Lauren Silverman, the growing question.... why is Simon Cowell STILL so scared to tie the knot?

• Simon Cowell is reluctant to get married to current girlfriend Lauren Silverman
    • The couple are parents to Eric, who was born nearly seven years ago
    • Recent reports have hinted at a potential affair between Cowell and Mel B
    • Silverman reacted to those rumours by messaging the Spice Girl directly

By ALISON BOSHOFF FOR THE DAILY MAIL
    PUBLISHED: 22:32, 6 May 2020 | UPDATED: 08:25, 7 May 2020
    Dorian Gray had a portrait in the attic; eternal bachelor Simon Cowell is said to have an engagement ring in his safe.
    According to a source, the bauble was bought some time ago for his partner of seven years, Lauren Silverman.
    However it has never been presented to her along with the proposal of marriage which she has hoped for.

+9

Six years after Simon Cowell (left) and Lauren Silverman (right) had their son, Eric, the couple still have not got married - so why has the X Factor judge not tied the knot yet?

Why? Well, for reasons we shall come to later, the entertainment mogul, now 60 and worth £385 million, hasn’t quite been able to take the plunge.
    Not that this is a particular reflection on Lauren, whom he loves, or on their son Eric, six, whom the music mogul has said he adores ‘beyond anything I have ever experienced’.
    Friends say it’s just that Simon ‘can’t bear’ the idea of matrimony, monogamy or losing his freedom. This is no secret.
    He tells interviewers: ‘I don’t believe in marriage, not in this business.’
    More recently, when questioned about tying the knot, he exclaimed: ‘Gulp!’ Then he mumbled that he preferred to let things happen in life, rather than to plan.
    Now come reports that Simon and Lauren, 42, have split up — inadvertently sparked by Amanda Holden’s daughter, Hollie, eight, who said during an Instagram live stream that she had heard they were no longer an item.
    Amanda Holden has explained that her daughter was mistaken.

(edit)

Speaking on ITV’s Lorraine last year, he said: ‘When you become a dad, something clicks in you. It’s all about them .’
    In the normal course of affairs, Lauren spends one week in Los Angeles with Simon and their young son Eric followed by a week in New York where her older son Adam lives with his father Andrew Silverman, Lauren’s ex-husband. There are, then, frequent separations and this seems to suit Simon.
    One close associate said: ‘He’s never given the ring to her and never proposed. Getting married is an obsession of hers, that is her goal in the relationship — but he will not do it.’
    He added that Lauren was ‘hurt’ by this state of affairs but that the relationship nevertheless endures.
    ‘She is very sassy and very intelligent and very good for him. She’s a very decent person and a good mother, but he can’t commit to just one woman for the rest of his life. He wants his freedom.
    ‘The thing is that Lauren knew exactly the sort of man he was when she chose him.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-tie-knot.html
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Way to blame Mel B! The rumours are that he has, erm, romances with many of the judges and his harem of hangers-on. I'm sure Lauren has known since 2009 exactly who he is.
    Yeah I think he's always been a manwhore, this one just happened to get pregnant and so he sticks around. Doesn't mean he's faithful. He's probably more interested in the kid than her.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I think he's very interested in the mini-me kid and is grooming him (with little choice if he wants the money) as his successor.
    DawnM74 likes this.

Her custody arrangement with her ex is interesting. So he lives in NY with his dad and she flies in every other week to see him. Seems like she gave up a lot to be with Simon.
    crayzeehappee likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^ I'm not even sure if that is true. His PR is spinning overtime. At the start of the relationship, her ex wouldn't let her and Simon see her first son at all (supposedly in case he got papped.)

+9

My god he's disgusting. And his mouth looks like he's about to break out into a white boy dance.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Her custody arrangement with her ex is interesting. So he lives in NY with his dad and she flies in every other week to see him. Seems like she gave up a lot to be with Simon.
    She gave up her husband and son. And her sons having a relationship with one another it seems.

Nowhere near worth it by my estimation.

You never put a man first who doesn't give a shit about you. And especially never put him before your own kids.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Huge over-sized, over-filled, over-tightened pumpkin head.
    Mrs Fawlty likes this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    She gave up her husband and son. And her sons having a relationship with one another it seems.

Nowhere near worth it by my estimation.

You never put a man first who doesn't give a shit about you. And especially never put him before your own kids.
    Exactly. And he still won't marry her and never will. Good move giving up your kid for him!

If it’s money she’s after, she’s in the worst spot she could be in now as his girlfriend. At least if they split up, she’d be able to enjoy the lucrative child support and still have her independence. I’m sure a well timed break up will occur after the kid grows up (assuming Simon is still alive)

I think they will split before the kid is 10.

All his girlfriends are cling-ons because the money is too good.

czb

i guess. but the lifestyle doesn't seem so good. all those women hanging out would be annoying if you really dig this squishy rectangle. but if you don't care, it's probably a constant party.
    sprynkles and crayzeehappee like this.

They've got to be in it for the long game because this dude doesn't strike me as a generous sort.

Not worth it to me.
    Sarzy and fgg like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    They've got to be in it for the long game because this dude doesn't strike me as a generous sort.

Not worth it to me.
    Wasn't the one before her rumoured to have been given some sort of generous 'severence'? And if it wasn't for him I don't think Sinitta would have had much work for years now.

Ick. I feel like I need a shower now.
    rollo and weathered1 like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information