Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: Amanda Bynes has almost three years of sobriety, admits past drug use

fgg

Amanda Bynes Could Lose Custody When Her Baby Is Born

UPDATE:

12:03 PM PT -- Amanda's attorney, David Esquibias, tells TMZ, "I'm not confirming that Amanda is expecting and because of that it's premature for anyone to speculate about who would have custody of Amanda's unborn child."
    Amanda Bynes could have to give up custody when her child is born around 8 months from now ... due to her mental health issues.

Sources close to the situation tell TMZ ... Amanda's about 6 weeks pregnant and currently receiving treatment in a psychiatric facility. While it's a good sign she's getting treatment ... we're told the plan is for Amanda's father and her BF, Paul Michael, to share custody of the baby. BTW, yes she's back with Paul and we're told they're working things out.

The reason Amanda's dad would be planning to share custody is because she remains under a conservatorship run by her parents ... they've taken care of her, and made her legal and medical decisions for years.

Our sources say Amanda does not yet realize she's losing custody. We're also told she did NOT get pregnant in an attempt to get out of her conservatorship -- and nothing is changing with the conservatorship.

Amanda's been wanting a child for some time now, according to our sources, but people around her are worried about the baby's health because Amanda smokes cigarettes.

As we reported ... Amanda announced her pregnancy Tuesday night by posting a pic of the ultrasound, which she's since taken down.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/18/amand...dy-of-new-kid/
    DawnM74 likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    It looks real. The black hole at the bottom is the sac. Then there are two plus signs on the left and right of it. Thatís how they measure it, and estimate how far along it is.
    It might be a real ultrasound but they could have altered the name (?)
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

fgg

^i think someone did that recently and got found out. blac chyna or somebody?

I think one of the medical decisions that her conservators/parents should have made was to get an IUD or a birth control patch or SOMETHING. God knows what meds she's on or if she's even still sober .... most mental illness medication is unsafe for the baby. I just think it was irresponsible on her parents' part. She can't even take of herself and now there's going to be a baby in the mix? I mean, what did they think was going to happen when she's dating/engaged to a, apparently, shady guy?
    rollo, Trixie, DawnM74 and 2 others like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

^ Yeah, Britney's parents have been well aware of that for a long time ...
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

fgg

^britney's paid boyfriends are probably required to have a vasectomy or something first.
    DawnM74 likes this.

Not to mention a forest's worth of NDAs.
    fgg likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I think one of the medical decisions that her conservators/parents should have made was to get an IUD or a birth control patch or SOMETHING. God knows what meds she's on or if she's even still sober .... most mental illness medication is unsafe for the baby. I just think it was irresponsible on her parents' part. She can't even take of herself and now there's going to be a baby in the mix? I mean, what did they think was going to happen when she's dating/engaged to a, apparently, shady guy?

Long-time lurker here.....and I'm a registered nurse who used to work at our state's psych hospital. I think it would really surprise (& alarm) people to know just how little rights/control over Amanda her parents actually have. As far as I know, it is illegal to force someone to be on birth control of any kind even if it's blatantly clear they should be. I took care of people who were forcibly committed by the state & yet they were only forced to take meds AFTER a court order. That meant that if it took a few weeks for the court to actually issue that order, they did not have to take any meds. We had numerous people who had been in & out of the facility (some since the late 60's & 70's) who would immediately stop taking their psych meds upon leaving. Within 3-6 weeks, the state would forcibly commit them & the process would start all over again. They were only forced to stay there by the state until they were stabilized on their medication which usually took between 8 weeks & 3 months. Then, they would be released right back to the streets or a half-way house if one was available. It really was a sad thing to see.

We had women who had several children & had lost custody of them all but they were never forced to have an IUD implanted or sterilized (even though it would have been better for everyone if they had). One lady nearly stabbed her 9 year old daughter to death when she was experiencing a psychotic break. She had 11 children in total & was still young enough to have a few more (the first was at 15). She refused to get an IUD or to have a tubal ligation because she believed that someday she would be 'cured'. Many of the psych drugs cause birth defects, spontaneous abortions, etc. & cannot be taken while pregnant. It is a sad & scary situation for everyone involved.
    If you can't be right, be wrong as LOUD as you possibly can!

Were any of those people under a conservatorship? Just curious. I understand that if they are of age, they have rights, and not much can be done to force them to do anything. But I thought they lost those rights under conservatorship.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

That's my understanding too. The conservators in both Britney's and Amanda's cases have control over her medical (and legal) decisions. And it's hard for me to believe that using birth control for both women would be overruled by a judge. I understand that an IUD is invasive, but there's Depo Provera where she would get a shot every three months.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Quote Originally Posted by DawnM74 View Post
    Long-time lurker here.....and I'm a registered nurse who used to work at our state's psych hospital. I think it would really surprise (& alarm) people to know just how little rights/control over Amanda her parents actually have. As far as I know, it is illegal to force someone to be on birth control of any kind even if it's blatantly clear they should be. I took care of people who were forcibly committed by the state & yet they were only forced to take meds AFTER a court order. That meant that if it took a few weeks for the court to actually issue that order, they did not have to take any meds. We had numerous people who had been in & out of the facility (some since the late 60's & 70's) who would immediately stop taking their psych meds upon leaving. Within 3-6 weeks, the state would forcibly commit them & the process would start all over again. They were only forced to stay there by the state until they were stabilized on their medication which usually took between 8 weeks & 3 months. Then, they would be released right back to the streets or a half-way house if one was available. It really was a sad thing to see.

We had women who had several children & had lost custody of them all but they were never forced to have an IUD implanted or sterilized (even though it would have been better for everyone if they had). One lady nearly stabbed her 9 year old daughter to death when she was experiencing a psychotic break. She had 11 children in total & was still young enough to have a few more (the first was at 15). She refused to get an IUD or to have a tubal ligation because she believed that someday she would be 'cured'. Many of the psych drugs cause birth defects, spontaneous abortions, etc. & cannot be taken while pregnant. It is a sad & scary situation for everyone involved.
    Thanks for the insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Were any of those people under a conservatorship? Just curious. I understand that if they are of age, they have rights, and not much can be done to force them to do anything. But I thought they lost those rights under conservatorship.
    Yes, some of them were. But that only dealt with their finances, property, inheritances, etc. & any children they already had. Meaning it didn't force them to be on birth-control, it just meant that the state or a relative (or who ever the conservator was/is) would step in the take custody of any new children they gave birth to. Even those who had the "Power of Healthcare Attorney" over an individual could not force the birth-control issue. All that did was give that person the right to determine what (if any) life saving health care measures should be allowed if the mentally ill person was in an accident or needed some sort of medical care. As a nurse I don't want society to go back to the days of locking up people w/mental health issues or mistreating them. BUT I do believe we need to face the fact that their are some people who are so sick that they will never be able to care for themselves. These are the people who should be sterilized & kept (permanently) in a lock down facility & forced to take their medications.
    Trixie and MsDark like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    That's my understanding too. The conservators in both Britney's and Amanda's cases have control over her medical (and legal) decisions. And it's hard for me to believe that using birth control for both women would be overruled by a judge. I understand that an IUD is invasive, but there's Depo Provera where she would get a shot every three months.
    In regards to medical decisions, it pertains more to life or death stuff like if someone is in a car accident the conservator would be the one to decide if life saving treatments would be allowed. Kind of like when an elderly person decides to have a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) order. Again, they cannot force birth control. Even if the person agrees once their on their meds to have the Depo shot or use the pill, once they are off their meds (or leave the facility) they can stop. Most do stop because their symptoms come right back as soon as they stop the psych drugs & they are unable to take care of themselves. Most of the people we took care of were on multiple medications. Some were in pill form while others were in injection form. Many times it was a combination of both. Almost all of those people stopped taking their pill meds as soon as they left so when they were supposed to report every 30 days for their psych meds in shot form, most did not show up. It was a vicious cycle.

I agree, and unfortunately there are lots of people out there who shouldn't breed, but as a society we can't pick and choose who they are because it violates their civil rights and slippery slope blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    It might be a real ultrasound but they could have altered the name (?)
    I was thinking the same, because the coloring around her name is a bit off.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information