Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: Amanda Bynes has almost three years of sobriety, admits past drug use

Quote Originally Posted by Wisher View Post
    She's looking bloated and pale IMO. Fuck, I hope she is OK.
    the biggest side effect of most MH drugs is weight gain. It's shit, but it's better than being crazy.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

That is absolutely true and I know a few people who then became more depressed because of the weight gain. Come on, Big Pharma, stop working on those erectile dysfunction drugs and get some decent anti-depressants out there that won't create more problems for the patient.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

fgg

Amanda Bynes’ Mom, Her Conservator, Will Decide If She Can Get Married

Will Amanda Bynes walk down the aisle soon? Ultimately, it may not be her choice, due to her past struggles.

On Valentine’s Day, the former Nickelodeon star, 33, announced that she is engaged to “tha love of my life” via an Instagram photo. Bynes shared a snap of a giant ring on her left hand. She later posted a photo of a man, who Us Weekly later identified as Paul Michael.

However, the She’s the Man star has battled with drug use and claimed she was bipolar. In November 2018, Bynes opened up about her struggles in a telling interview with Paper magazine. Months later, a source confirmed to Us that the “pressure of being back in the spotlight” after the interview was a “setback” and she chose to check herself back into rehab.

“Amanda’s not currently working. She doesn’t have friends. And her relationship with her parents continues to be a roller coaster,” a source tells Us. However, her mother, Lynn, is her conservator — and she has final say on many things in Bynes’ life.

“As Amanda’s conservator, her mother has responsibility over her daughter’s decision-making, including whether or not to allow her to marry,” Neama Rahmani, president of West Coast Trial Lawyers, explains in the latest issue of Us. “If Amanda’s parents did not consent to the marriage, they can petition the court to annul the marriage on the basis of Amanda’s ‘unsound mind.’”

Additionally, her parents were not even surprised by the engagement. A source adds: “Nothing Amanda does surprises them anymore.”

In June 2019, the All That alum graduated from the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising. She is currently staying in a sober living house. She joined Instagram again in September after a long hiatus, but for the most part, keeps a private life.

While details about Michael are scarce, a source adds that “he has a very dark personality” and is “very goth.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...she-can-marry/

definitely a good idea - marry a guy from rehab after you've gotten a heart tattoo on your face!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Right now, she does not look like a person who should make important decisions. Hopefully her family can shield her from leeches who take advantage of her instability.
    fgg, DawnM74, Novice and 3 others like this.

Those pics of her are awful.
    Lofty Bike, DawnM74 and twitchy2.0 like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

oh god. poor girl doesn't seem to be any closer to getting her life together.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Facial tattoos just scream “sober” and “mentally stable” to me...

Lofty Bike and Waterslide like this.

Looks like she did that tattoo herself during a manic episode.
    Poor woman, she does not look well at all.
    Novice, Sleuth, weathered1 and 5 others like this.

She doesn't even look like a fraction of her old self. I remember my kids watching The Amanda Show and remember her as a cute kid. So sad. This is worse than Brittney. Mental illness sucks.
    holly, Mivvi21, Sleuth and 5 others like this.

Amanda Bynes' engagement ring is an Amazon bargain ... and her family is going to block her from tying the knot.

Sources close to the family tell TMZ ... Amanda will never legally marry her fiancee, Paul Michael, because her mother holds the keys to marriage and she doesn't approve of her daughter's engagement.

Amanda's mother is her conservator, and we're told Amanda cannot get married without her conservator's consent. Our sources say the family feels it's not in her best interest to be married -- they haven't met Paul -- so a wedding ain't happening.

As for the engagement ring ... our sources say Paul bought it off Amazon for $49, and Amanda is telling those around her the ring is NOT a real diamond and she's fine with a fake.

As you know ... Amanda met Paul in AA and they've only been dating for a few months. Our sources say her family believes he doesn't have a job.

Amanda had a boyfriend right before Paul, and we're told her family thinks he might be a rebound.

Amanda Bynes is Engaged But Family Won't Approve Marriage

Surely she could have gotten a better looking ring for $49. I mean, hasn’t she seen Katy Perry‘s?
    MsDark, czb, Witchywoman and 2 others like this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Lol, she should try QVC!!

I lost so much jewelry in the fire, including my wedding rings, that I have no issue with fake baubles. I now wear two different rings (just silver and either a CZ or white topaz) and I've gotten so many compliments on them. Good enough for me. But that ring that she's showing in that tweet ... it's just so fake looking.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Yeah, like anyone believed that was a real diamond.

That thing on her cheek looks like it was drawn with a sharpie. For her sake, I hope it was.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I really hope that tattoo is fake. I don't know if it would have stopped Amanda but I feel like tattoo artists should make clients wait a week before the tattoo gets done. Especially for facial tattoos.
    Mrs Fawlty likes this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Elite Member

Very sad. Poor thing doesn't even look like herself at all.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information