Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: Amanda Bynes has almost three years of sobriety, admits past drug use

She has beautifully shaped lips imo, so I don't know why they chose to put lipstick over the cupids bow in each picture...
    Beeyotch, nico, Lalasnake and 7 others like this.

I was wondering that, too. It just looks like someone doesn't know how to apply lipstick?
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

^ Wondering the same thing, why would they do that??

She looks pretty, but whoever did her lipstick doesn't like her very much. I hate that overlining on the cupid's bow. It just looks like she missed her lips.

Agree about the dead eyes, though. And whatever her issue was, and I have a hard time believing it was only drugs, I do hope she's taking care of herself now.
    DawnM74 and Mrs P like this.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

I'm glad she's pursuing the fashion degree. I don't think that she should try for acting any time soon. She needs a firm foundation.

Her face is very puffy here; could be the result of medication. Why did the makeup artist try to cover her cupid's bow with lipstick? It looks dumb and messy.
    DawnM74, holly and Mrs P like this.

I’m not sure I believe her version of events but I hope she is doing as ok as she says. These photos look very amateurish. It looks awkward and the styling is awful.
    sparkles and Grandknight like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I still think she's living in another world. All the symptoms she had were symptoms of mental illness. Yes, the drugs exacerbated the mental illness, but the drugs were not the underlying issue. I truly hope she stays sober and well. I was quite surprised by how nice she looks, the last time I've seen her she still looked bloated and crazy. Except the bodysuit with attached gloves has GOT to go. Whomever started that trend should have to wear a Hefty bag for a week or so as punishment.

The lipstick .... over-lining the lips is very much in fashion and trendy right now. Although I admit that I've never seen someone over-line their cupid's bow.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

She definitely could have been self medicating. I self medicated my depression with alcohol, but thankfully have stopped doing that. Maybe she just doesn't want to disclose her mental illness publicly (which she knows they're going to ask about), so she denies that it exists (publicly). In any case, I'm glad she's sober and doing well. I really hope things continue to go well for her.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

^^^ I agree, any illness especially mental illness is no one's business. But when the meltdowns and breakdowns happen all too publicly, it's hard to just tell everyone to f- off and to look the other way.
    crayzeehappee likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Her conservatorship was extended till 2020, just 3 months ago. Reportedly, she regained control of her finances but her mother is still conservator for her "mental and physical health". If, as her rep claims, it's the last thing on their minds, why extend it in the first place? Three months ago, she wanted to finish school and wasn't thinking about getting back into acting, that has apparently changed.

Amanda Bynes Is Looking Forward to Future Despite Extended Conservatorship Reports

by CYDNEY CONTRERAS | Thu., Aug. 9, 2018 2:03 PM

Amanda Bynes' conservatorship will be extended until 2020.

The actress' mother, Lynn Bynes, will be responsible for the former child star's decisions regarding her mental and physical health, according to The Blast. The All That star was first placed under a conservatorship in 2014, after a series of involuntary psychiatric holds and multiple run-ins with the police. It was during one of her stays at a mental health facility that the star was diagnosed as bipolar with manic depressive disorder.

However, this is all in the past according to the Bynes' family lawyer, Tamar Arminak. "The Conservatorship can end at any time prior to 2020, but both Amanda and her parents are on such good terms and happy with Amanda's life and future, the Conservatorship is the last thing on their minds," the legal representative told E! News.

Since then the Nickelodeon actress has made leaps and bounds.

Following her psychiatric hold, the Easy A star focused on "reading, yoga and reconnecting with her family." And her hard work has paid off, with the star's lawyer reporting, "Finally, she is surrounded by friends and companions she can trust and really open up to. She feels free to be herself, which brings her so much happiness and excitement for the future."

The 32-year-old is currently enrolled in courses for fashion design at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM), and is expected to graduate in December. "She is looking forward to graduating and the next phase of her life," Arminak shared.

Bynes echoed that same sentiment on Twitter in 2016, saying that she was "loving school and I feel that I am learning a lot. I enjoy all of my classes and my teachers are excellent."

And although the student once regaled her dreams of returning to the big screen in a rare interview from 2017, the goal is to graduate first. "Her game plan is to finish school because she really wants to finish what she started at FIDM," an insider explained in March.

Moreover, "so many celebrities and people she admires have admitted recently that they also struggle with addiction, depression, anxiety.... and that has given her confidence to be open about her own struggles."

https://www.eonline.com/news/959071/...tended-to-2020

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I wonder if she's denying mental illness and blaming it on drugs because the stigma attached to being mentally ill is often less than that of being a drug user. I can see Hollywood being a lot more forgiving of being off your tits on illicit substances than having a genuine mental health issue.
    Mrs P, Nevan, Lalasnake and 6 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I'd imagine getting insurance for a film studio as someone being diagnosed with a mental illness that well, they have to deal with for their life, may be more expensive than someone saying it was just drugs and they're clean now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I wonder if she's denying mental illness and blaming it on drugs because the stigma attached to being mentally ill is often less than that of being a drug user. I can see Hollywood being a lot more forgiving of being off your tits on illicit substances than having a genuine mental health issue.
    That very much makes sense, but it's still sad and disturbing that our society is like this in 2018. Also we all watched while she was having some kind of mental breakdown. I know we aren't a bunch of psychiatrists but with the prevalence of mental illness in this age, it's easy to spot a lot of the symptoms. So ... I hate that she has to say anything about the mental illness at all, but then again, she's fooling no one saying it was just drugs.
    Kittylady and Sassiness like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    I'd imagine getting insurance for a film studio as someone being diagnosed with a mental illness that well, they have to deal with for their life, may be more expensive than someone saying it was just drugs and they're clean now.
    If its a drugs issue they placate the insurance by hiring sober coaches but mental illness is seen as being too unpredictable for them, I guess. It doesn't seem to matter that a carefully controlled regime can drastically reduce the chances of an episode, all Hollywood sees is a problem they can't fix by throwing money at it.
    Nevan likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

That's why all these celebrities are in rehab for 5 days, or part time and then go home to "work out" (I'm looking at you, Affleck). Someone addicted to heavy drugs needs weeks to wean and then months of intensive therapy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information