Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: Amanda Bynes has almost three years of sobriety, admits past drug use

Silver Member

I sure hope so and the right ones with the right dosage. I'm rooting for her.
    Reset my laptop and my old name Wisher came up when I logged in.
    Eat it, it'll put hairs on your chest
    Well, dye me red and call me blondie

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    That probably means she's taking her meds, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisher View Post
    I sure hope so and the right ones with the right dosage. I'm rooting for her.
    Taking her meds is the first thing I thought of too. Good for her. I hope she's getting support from friends, family and doctors.
    Wisher likes this.

Many psyche meds cause weight gain. I give her a ginormous pass on her weight if she is indeed taking her meds as prescribed.
    emkat, Bluebonnet, Wisher and 3 others like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

I wish they'd leave her alone. Pics like that will set off a firestorm of people criticizing her and she might go off her meds.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

My son said the same thing when I showed him a pic of her. He used to watch the Amanda Show and had a little crush on her. When I told her she was probably only getting big because of psych meds he felt a little sorry for her. He's a nice boy...to everyone but me.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Taking her meds is the first thing I thought of too. Good for her. I hope she's getting support from friends, family and doctors.
    Me too. She seems to have done the work privately and is trying to live a private life. Fingers crossed all is good with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Many psyche meds cause weight gain. I give her a ginormous pass on her weight if she is indeed taking her meds as prescribed.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I wish they'd leave her alone. Pics like that will set off a firestorm of people criticizing her and she might go off her meds.
    I agree. Those vultures don't give a shit about her well being they only care about getting her pic.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    My son said the same thing when I showed him a pic of her. He used to watch the Amanda Show and had a little crush on her. When I told her she was probably only getting big because of psych meds he felt a little sorry for her. He's a nice boy...to everyone but me.
    LOL! Isn't that usually the way.
    greysfang likes this.
    Reset my laptop and my old name Wisher came up when I logged in.
    Eat it, it'll put hairs on your chest
    Well, dye me red and call me blondie

fgg

Amanda Bynes opens up about drug-fueled spiral in Paper magazine

Amanda Bynes “never liked the taste of alcohol,” and found marijuana to be her vice of choice.

“I started smoking marijuana when I was 16. Even though everyone thought I was the ‘good girl,’ I did smoke marijuana from that point on,” the former child star revealed in Paper magazine’s annual Break The Internet issue.

“I didn’t get addicted [then] and I wasn’t abusing it. And I wasn’t going out and partying or making a fool of myself… yet,” she continued.

While Bynes, now 32, experimented with “molly and ecstasy” — “[I tried] cocaine three times but I never got high from cocaine” — she learned more about Adderall after reading an article in a magazine around the time she appeared in “Hairspray,” which opened in 2007.

“They were talking about how women were taking it to stay thin. I was like, ‘Well, I have to get my hands on that,'” Bynes said, later obtaining a prescription after visiting “a psychiatrist and faking the symptoms of ADD.”

Bynes recalled how she “used to chew the Adderall tablets” in her trailer while filming 2010’s “Hall Pass.”

“I remember chewing on a bunch of them and literally being scatterbrained and not being able to focus on my lines or memorize them for that matter,” she said.

Bynes said it was “the mixture of being so high that I couldn’t remember my lines and not liking my appearance” that led to her dropping out of the film.

“I made a bunch of mistakes but I wasn’t fired. I did leave… it was definitely completely unprofessional of me to walk off and leave them stranded when they’d spent so much money on a set and crew and camera equipment and everything,” Bynes stated.

The release of 2010’s “Easy A” also triggered Bynes’ spiral.

“I literally couldn’t stand my appearance in that movie and I didn’t like my performance. I was absolutely convinced I needed to stop acting after seeing it,” she said.

“I was high on marijuana when I saw that but for some reason it really started to affect me. I don’t know if it was a drug-induced psychosis or what, but it affected my brain in a different way than it affects other people. It absolutely changed my perception of things,” Bynes continued.

She announced her retirement from acting on Twitter in June 2010.

“If I was going to retire [the right way], I should’ve done it in a press statement — but I did it on Twitter. Real classy! But, you know, I was high and I was like, ‘You know what? I am so over this’ so I just did it. But it was really foolish and I see that now. I was young and stupid,” Bynes recounted.

Following the decision, Bynes said she “had no purpose in life.”

“I would ‘wake and bake’ and literally be stoned all day long,” Bynes noted, adding she began “hanging out with a seedier crowd.”

“I got really into my drug usage and it became a really dark, sad world for me,” she said.

Bynes looked to social media, where she infamously tweeted in 2013, “I want @drake to murder my vagina.” She was hospitalized on an involuntary psychiatric hold in Los Angeles in 2014.

“I’m really ashamed and embarrassed with the things I said. I can’t turn back time but if I could, I would. And I’m so sorry to whoever I hurt and whoever I lied about because it truly eats away at me. It makes me feel so horrible and sick to my stomach and sad,” Bynes said. “Everything I worked my whole life to achieve, I kind of ruined it all through Twitter.”

Sober for almost four years, Bynes will receive her associate’s of art degree in Merchandise Product Development from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in December, before working toward her bachelor’s degree in January.

“Those days of experimenting [with substances] are long over. I’m not sad about it and I don’t miss it because I really feel ashamed of how those substances made me act. When I was off of them, I was completely back to normal and immediately realized what I had done — it was like an alien had literally invaded my body. That is such a strange feeling,” Bynes said.

https://pagesix.com/2018/11/26/amand...aper-magazine/
    Trixie likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

The Paper Magazine article confirms what I thought...she's trying for the comeback trail and wants to get back into acting. And get her own fashion line. She denies any mental illness, all of her behavior was drug-induced. She's fine now. Ok. Good luck to her.

The article and current pics of her:

Amanda Bynes on the Cover of PAPER Break the Internet
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'm glad to hear she's doing much better. I've always liked her on The Amanda Show. I wish her well. She looks great but she looks like a combination of Miley and Mama June there.

Her face is unrecognizable in those pics.

I thought she was adorable in Hairspray remake.

The girl that played Tracy irritated the shit out of me.

I hope she's doing okay and will continue to do so even after trying to get back into the business.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I doubt that drugs were her only problem, I think that she used to self medicate with them. I also think that going back to acting is a huge mistake, she should live an anonymous life in a stable, calm environment, concentrating on her mental and physical health. She is not build to last in Tinseltown.
    fgg, Trixie, Grandknight and 4 others like this.

"AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

fgg

dead-eyed in all but the last one.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    I doubt that drugs were her only problem, I think that she used to self medicate with them. I also think that going back to acting is a huge mistake, she should live an anonymous life in a stable, calm environment, concentrating on her mental and physical health. She is not build to last in Tinseltown.
    Yeah, I think doing drugs was a symptom of her problems. She's really trying to downplay everything, like "hey I got off the marijuana and my problems disappeared!" Riiight. She hasn't had an acting role in close to 10 years, and she's not the bright, bubbly girl anymore. Maybe she needs the money, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    dead-eyed in all but the last one.
    Yep. Like Britney. The spark is gone.
    DawnM74 and Kittylady like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information