Page 90 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1552
Like Tree1300Likes

Thread: Amanda Bynes arrested for DUI after hitting police vehicle NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by Calico Kid View Post
    Not hard to figure out that if her parents/conservators are in denial about her illness she may be too. I hope it doesn't take her really hurting herself or someone else before she gets help again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Yep, if you look back a few pages at the articles posted last Spring, her parents seem to be in denial of any mental health issues and think that marijuana was the problem. Once the temporary conservatorship ended, they just cut her loose, and she lasted 2 weeks before getting arrested. I hope they're re-thinking things, but I doubt it will be easy to get a conservatorship established again. I wonder if she's even seeing a psych doctor anymore.
    Denial or not, she's 28 and if the conservatorship ended her parents can't stop her from doing anything. I feel bad for her and all her issues, but at this point, she's had tons of help and knows there are resources available to her. This is hers to own now.
    PecanPie, Butterfly and Sylkyn like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Denial or not, she's 28 and if the conservatorship ended her parents can't stop her from doing anything. I feel bad for her and all her issues, but at this point, she's had tons of help and knows there are resources available to her. This is hers to own now.
    Exactly. If the conservatorship ends, exactly WHAT are her parents supposed to do? Hold her hostage?
    Kittylady and Sylkyn like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Not sure exactly how it works, but obviously a conservatorship isn't just automatically permanent, my understanding is, this one expired on a certain date, and when it did, the parents didn't request it be extended. Other than that, I agree there's nothing they can do. Who knows what really happened, but the family has made statements that Amanda is fine, no mental illness, just a pot-smoking problem which was under control.
    Bombshell likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I get what you are saying about the parents. Totally get it. Interesting that was my first thought, eh? Will ponder that.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Hell, maybe the parents tried to extend the conservatorship but it didn't work... I don't know. I do know how difficult it can be to deal with this type of thing with a family member and that shit is NOT easy.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

True, we don't know what really happened, only what they said publicly, which for months now they've been saying she's just fine.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Well, sometimes that's just you lying to yourself - denial. Nobody wants to think that their kid isn't ok and even IF they know she isn't, it may not be something they wanted to divulge to the public. I know, for a while now, we'd been saying that my brother was ok... and on Friday, I got a text saying he'd been missing for 2 days. Just went for a walk in the woods and nobody had seen him since. He finally turned up, he'd just gotten lost but there were some scary hours for all of us that love him.
    Sylkyn likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Doesn't Brittany's parent keep extending hers? Sometimes people do need caretakers their whole lives. Sometimes it is family and sometimes it is in a facility. They can become not only a danger to themselves, but others.

In my own personal experience with my Dad,...I wasn't about to let him wander the streets and not know if he had his meds and was fed, clothed, warm and with a bed to sleep in each night, safely. And if we hadn't stepped in, he would have ended up homeless and on the streets hurting himself or others.
    Last edited by JadeStar70; October 1st, 2014 at 10:32 AM.
    SoCalMarie likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Doesn't Brittany's parent keep extending hers? Sometimes people do need caretakers their whole lives. Sometimes it is family and sometimes it is in a facility. They can become not only a danger to themselves, but others.

In my own personal experience with my Dad,...I wasn't about to let him wander the streets and not know if he had his meds and was fed, clothed, warm and with a bed to sleep in each night, safely. And if we hadn't stepped in, he would have ended up homeless and on the streets hurting himself or others.
    MrBoogs niece, who has schizophrenia, is like this. She is pretty much an adult ward of the state. They placed her with a foster family of sorts (that has lots of experience caring for people with schizophrenia), because she needs 24 hour supervision, and can't handle a group home. None of us has an earthly idea what is going to happen to her, when her foster parents get older or sick or die.

fgg

Pictured for first time since DUI arrest: Amanda Bynes arrives in New York with bandage on her face after being seen 'talking to herself'

Amanda Bynes has left Los Angeles following her arrest on suspicion of DUI (driving under the influence).

The 28-year-old's run in with the law took place on Sunday and by Friday morning she was seen arriving in New York wearing a bandage on her face.

Amanda, a former child star, sported blonde hair extensions as she made her way through JFK Airport by herself, following a report that her parents are unaware of her whereabouts.

The She's The Man actress wore grey skinny jeans, a cropped sweater with a jumper tied around her waist.

The night before, on Thursday, she was spotted at LAX 'talking to herself' by an eyewitness in the first images of the star since her arrest.

Brittany Anne (under the Instagram handle missbbgun)) wrote: 'Yeah, that's Amanda Bynes. I talked to her. She's f***** crazy. I kinda feel bad for her.'

In the image a woman that looks like Bynes can be seen sitting at a booth eating by herself, with her locks tinted a bright blonde.

Missbbgun went on to claim: 'Before I knew who she was all I heard was a server telling me to kick out the crazy b**** at 141 who's putting on a ton of make up at the table so before I even saw her face I walked over and made a comment and when she looked up and replied I was like holy f*** it's Amanda Bynes.

'And then she was like "Well I sat myself one of the hostesses looked really upset and.. Blah blah blah" She just started making s*** up dude and then I was just like no problem girl.'

Adding: 'She started putting on tons of make up and making weird faces and talking to herself. She's not well.'

The troubled young woman is believed to now be in New York according to TMZ after catching a flight at the airport.
    Sources told TMZ that the former child star was seen walking around Los Angeles all day Thursday talking to herself.

The site also claims that Amanda got another dye job on her hair at a salon in Thousand Oaks before heading to the airport for a flight out of town.

Star Magazine, meanwhile, reports that eyewitnesses encountered Bynes earlier that same day ordering food at LA Buns & Co. in West Hollywood.

Samuel David Ayres told the publication: 'Her hair was an awful black and white mess. I walked up next to her to pick up my order just as she was getting her drink and finishing up ordering her food. It looked like she had a small Band-Aid or piece of medical tape on her left cheek.'

Ayres then relates how the former actress revealed she had no money to pay for the food she had ordered: '"So…I don’t have any cash,"' [Bynes said] before taking her drink and leaving without paying.

'About 10 or 15 minutes later she came walking by again but going the other direction,' Ayres claimed.

An employee at the restaurant confirmed Ayres statements to Star: 'Amanda wanted food, but didn’t have any money, so I let her take the drink. She walked back and forth down Santa Monica Blvd. a couple of times alone. She was wearing a strange black thing around her head and looked really confused.'

The troubled Easy A actress was pulled over in the San Fernando Valley neighborhood of Los Angeles on Sunday at 4 am and taken into custody, the California Highway Patrol confirmed with MailOnline.

She was cited for being under the influence of a controlled substance while driving her Mercedes-Benz. The 28-year-old star was released at 12 noon that same day on $15,000 bail.

The former child star is set to appear in court on October 23 in Van Nuys.

For the past year Lynn and Rick Bynes have been taking care of their troubled daughter by opening the doors of their Thousand Oaks, California home and overseeing her medication after the star experienced a string of run-ins with the law.

But on Monday the couple confessed to X17Online they lost track of where the actress was living after she was released from her conservatorship earlier this month.

'We don't know,' a gaunt-looking Rick told the site, also noting he learned of her second DUI arrest on Sunday from the media. It was also revealed the What A Girl Wants star did not ask her parents for her $15,000 bail.

AMANDA BYNES: TIMELINE
    Summer 2010
    *Retires from acting, aged 24, saying 'I don't love acting anymore. She unretires a few weeks later.
    April 2012
    *Arrested after a minor fender bender involving a stopped police car in West Hollywood, California in the early hours of the morning. She reportedly refused a breathalyser or blood alcohol test.
    *Just four days later, she crashes into another car on the Los Angeles freeway and reportedly flees the scene
    June 2012
    *Uses Twitter account in an attempt to persuade Barack Obama to intervene in her DUI case: 'Hey @BarackObama… I don’t drink. Please fire the cop who arrested me. I also don’t hit and run. The end.'
    August 2012
    *Rear ends a female motorist on Ventura Boulevard
    September 2012
    *Is formally charged with two counts of hit-and-run from the June and August incidents and pleads not guilty.
    *A day later, she is pulled out for driving with a suspended licence.
    *Continuing to behave erratically, she is kicked out of a Los Angeles spin class. However, she tells People.com she is 'doing amazing' in the wake of the latest charges and claims to be moving to New York City where she plans to start a fashion line.
    November 2012
    *Threatens to sue a U.S. magazine for alleging she walked around a New York tanning salon naked save for a pair of goggles. 'I’m not "troubled", she declared. 'I don’t get naked in public. I’m 26, a multimillionaire, retired. Please respect my privacy.'
    March 2013
    *Tweets that she wants R&B star Drake to 'murder my vagina'
    April 2013
    *Insists that photographs showing her walking around New York City with cheek piercings and a pink wig are of someone pretending to be her. 'My hair is blonde, I’ve never been a redhead!' she tweets. 'Somebody keeps posing as me! Check my photos on Twitter for up to date pictures!'
    *Partially shaves her head
    May 2013
    *Tells InTouch magazine she has 'no clue' why people say she's insane. 'Every time I’ve heard it, it came from an ugly person’s mouth, so I don’t care,' she says, adding she is 'allergic to alcohol' and 'can’t wait to start working on an album.'
    *Claims via Twitter she had a nose job a few years prior to 'remove skin that was like a webbing in between my eyes.'
    *In a seemingly unprovoked attack, she tweets Rihanna: 'Chris Brown beat you because you're not pretty enough. No one wants to be your lover so you call everyone and their mother that I almost named my new dog Rihanna.' Rihanna fires back: 'Ya see what happens when they cancel intervention?'
    *Is sentenced to three years of summary probation after pleading no contest to driving with a suspended license.
    *Arrested for allegedly throwing a glass bong out of her 36th floor apartment window in New York City. Is taken to hospital for psychiatric evaluation. Appears in court wearing a platinum wig and claims the bong was a vase.
    July 2013
    *Is placed on a 5150 involuntary psychiatric hold after reportedly starting a fire in a stranger's driveway in Thousand Oaks, California.
    August 2013
    *A Los Angeles judge grants her parents temporary conservatorship over her affairs and the psychiatric hold is extended for 30 days.
    September 2014
    *Is released from her conservatorship and moves out of her parents' home and into an apartment in Orange County.
    October 2014
    *Is pulled over in the San Fernando Valley neighborhood on Sunday at 4am and taken into custody. Cited for being under the influence of a controlled substance while driving her Mercedes-Benz.

Read more: Amanda Bynes arrives with bandage on face at JFK airport in NYC | Daily Mail Online

pics at the link.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

My goodness.... This really, genuinely, hurts my heart.

This will not end well. I want her to be well/succeed so badly... but, damn.....

ETA: Why/How is she able to have a valid CA driver's license?
    (I assume that it's valid, as the article didn't state that she was citied for driving on a suspended license, and just stated the DUI).

The the sake/safety of LA drivers (like myself), please take away her license, and maybe take away/impound her cars.
    It's "small" in terms of punishment, but would be just one less thing to worry about, her hurting herself or others if she's on the road under the influence and/or not mentally sound...

If she has to go somewhere, it will be in a cab or lyft car, or assign a sober coach/assistant to her 24/7...
    Last edited by SoCalMarie; October 3rd, 2014 at 02:45 PM.
    Mel1973 and spinmonkey like this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Jeez, she is so young and her manifestation of her mental illness is so severe. It sounds like a complete break with reality.

From the daily mail article linked above, a recent pic of her parents. They both look so thin and frail, (especially the mom) compared to photos in the article below.

Kinda interesting, almost makes it sound like Amanda just played along until she could get out from under her parents' control. It also says she did have a valid drivers license (since April). It sounds like she'll have to really go off the rails again before they can get another conservatorship.

EXCLUSIVE!

Amanda Bynes' Parents "Truly Believed She Was Doing Well," but Saw Signs of Trouble Before Her Second DUI Arrest

by NATALIE FINN and Claudia Rosenbaum Wed., Oct. 1, 2014 6:25 PM PDT

Twitter
    Amanda Bynes' family hoped for the best, but they ultimately saw signs of trouble ahead.
    A source close to the actress' family exclusively tells E! News that her parents really thought, before their daughter was arrested early Sunday morning, that she was doing well in her new circumstances, roughly a year after her umpteenth run-in with the law resulted in her involuntary hospitalization and close to six months in treatment.

"They truly believed Amanda was doing well based on the first and second semesters' grades, which were stellar," says the source.

Bynes, 28, had completed her first year at the Irvine, Calif., location of the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising and was living closer to campus.

AKM-GSI
    But since her troubles last summer, her estate had been in a conservatorship overseen by her parents, Rick and Lynn.

The conservatorship expired on Sept. 10 and, according to our insider, the Bynes family sensed something was different almost immediately.

"The first signs of problems came days after the conservatorship ended," the source says, adding that Rick and Lynn were never informed of any of the reported troubles that Amanda might have been having at school.

As for the possibility that her parents could once again take charge of her legal and medical affairs, the source tells E! News, "Once [the conservatorship] has ended, it's a 'hard expire.' That means the process has to start again. Well, the process cannot start again with just a DUI. It's going to require a 5150- [psych hold] type situation again. She is not there yet."

AKM-GSI
    And what of their relationship now? Rick Bynes told an X17online cameraman yesterday that he and his wife did not know where Amanda was and said "you know what we know."

As of now, "her parents are keeping close tabs on her through various people," our source says. :They are monitoring her whereabouts, her spending and her driving as best as they can. Essentially she was able to mask her poor grades and downward spiral from them. They wanted to believe she was being honest and getting better."

Bynes just got her license back in April after it was suspended for a year and a half following a litany of driving woes. She had been looking healthy and happy in photos taken at school and while out and about.

Splash News
    In early April, mom Lynn said that her daughter had "no mental illness whatsoever" and was "very sorry for all the hurtful tweets, statements and actions that occurred while she was under the influence of marijuana."

Amanda was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence, her second DUI bust in 29 months, at 3 a.m. on Sunday after being pulled over by California Highway Patrol. An officer suspected that she was "under the influence of a controlled substance" and took her into custody at the LAPD's Van Nuys Station, according to authorities. Bynes, who is on probation in connection with her previous DUI, was released at 12:44 p.m. later that day and a court date has been set for Oct. 23.

A CHP spokesperson later confirmed to E! News that officers suspected that Amanda was "under the influence of a stimulant."

http://www.eonline.com/news/584746/amanda-bynes-parents-truly-believed-she-was-doing-well-but-saw-signs-of-trouble-before-her-second-dui-arrest

mjw
    Elite Member

Amanda Bynes just dropped a majorbombshell – she says she is engaged to a 19-year-old bait shop employee namedCaleb.

“I am very needy for friendship and I hate men. I want to f— them, but I can now say I’m engaged — get away from me,” the 28-year-old former actress reportedly told In Touch. “I want to be married and I want to be away from people.” See photos of the diamond engagement ringshe was seen wearing this weekend!

Amanda says her fiance lives in Costa Mesa, Calif., but she hopes they can both relocate to New York because she “really [likes] walking and riding [her] bike, and in California, you need to drive.”

On the topic of having babies, Amanda said “I want boys, for sure. However many I can pop out. I don’t want a gorgeous girl around. Then I [would] feel way jealous. Ew.”

The news comes just one week after Amanda was arrested for DUI in Los Angeles.

Amanda Bynes Says She’s Engaged to 19-Year-Old Boyfriend | Amanda Bynes, Engaged : Just Jared

Thread Information