Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Alyssa Milano calls out Heathrow airport for confiscating her breast milk

czb

^^^ nov - benadryl does not require a script in the US and the pedi formulation is liquid. not pill as it is for adults.

No, no, sorry, not being clear. It might have different ingredients in the U.S. Vs UK formulation - hence the confiscation.
    or it could just be that we're not rusted to buy more than 2xpackeys of paracetamol at once in case we take them all at once!!!

The script bit was so I don't have my stuff taken off me when I travel
    Free Charmed.

czb

got it. yeah, you are right that the formulation may not be the same (UK vs US). but it sucks for it to have been confiscated from manx. some kids (and their parents) NEED the benadryl!

I don't understand - if she didn't have the baby with her, was the milk in a cooler? Because there's no way the milk would've survived a transatlantic flight in a regular carryon anyway. I would think a woman who has trouble pumping and needs to save her milk (which is not Alyssa, she says) and is out of the country without her baby would be careful to store her milk in a cooler container and check it, or even express ship it home before flying. It seems fair to me that the exception is only when a woman has her baby actually with her and is able to drink the milk, otherwise, unless we're talking a super short flight, milk being carried on without proper storage is not going to keep no matter how much of it there is.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

A*O

I think she's being selective with the facts to ramp up the dramah and gain sympathy.
    dexter7 likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    got it. yeah, you are right that the formulation may not be the same (UK vs US). but it sucks for it to have been confiscated from manx. some kids (and their parents) NEED the benadryl!
    but there are any number of things that one needs to check before traveling with them as local laws are different due to local custom/drug use. Our Benadryl does have a different (non-drowsy) formulae (according to Wikipedia); and is a controlled substance in Zambia...

"In the United States and Canada, Benadryl products contain the first-generation antihistamine diphenhydramine. In the United Kingdom, Benadryl products contain either the second-generation non-sedating antihistamine acrivastine(marketed as Benadryl Allergy Relief, with a suggested efficacy duration of eight hours) or the long acting antihistamine cetirizine (marketed as Benadryl One a Day Relief)."
    Free Charmed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information