Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree357Likes

Thread: All of Chrissy Teigen is sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    it is dull, isn't it.

the cult of celebrity worship *is* what needs to be cancelled, not the actual celebrities.
    cult of celebrity plus the puritanism of the left - especially younger millennials and gen z. i'm all for accountability but not to the extreme that it devolves into purity tests.
    czb, DawnM74, Kittylady and 3 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

How about when she called Quvenzhané Wallis “cocky” and a “cunt” on Twitter? Quvenzhané was NINE at the time. Bullying a nine year old? Chrissy is a disgusting person. I can’t stand her. And I don’t believe she is sorry at all.
    SHELLEE, tulip, DawnM74 and 6 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER;[URL="tel:3816251"
    3816251[/URL]]She should apologize to everyone she's insulted, except for Trump.

There are more I's in that post than in a sack of rotten potatoes.
    Would she have time? I googled her since I have little/no knowledge of who she is and there are just so many articles over the years about her nasty remarks - from slut shaming a teen mom with a sex tape to someone posting a pregnancy test on sm to announce a pregnancy to just dross about anyone she thinks that she has licence to insult. It’s endless.

The psychology is fascinating the impact on humans is not.

it’s not like the odd thing here and there, it’s year after year of trolling…
    Also there is a lot of hypocrisy (surprise! Not) she’s criticised people for stuff then did a full photo shoot for her own miscarriage; took zoom calls while in the dr’s office having “emergency surgery” (wtf?) and posted it online…

Weird stuff like that.
    DawnM74, BITTER, SHELLEE and 2 others like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Would she have time? I googled her since I have little/no knowledge of who she is and there are just so many articles over the years about her nasty remarks - from slut shaming a teen mom with a sex tape to someone posting a pregnancy test on sm to announce a pregnancy to just dross about anyone she thinks that she has licence to insult. It’s endless.

The psychology is fascinating the impact on humans is not.

it’s not like the odd thing here and there, it’s year after year of trolling…
    Also there is a lot of hypocrisy (surprise! Not) she’s criticised people for stuff then did a full photo shoot for her own miscarriage; took zoom calls while in the dr’s office having “emergency surgery” (wtf?) and posted it online…

Weird stuff like that.
    Courtney Stodden is problematic, I won't disagree with that. But Teigen apparently likes to wind people up for no reason. She's a troll. With chipmunk cheeks.

And John Legend hasn't said shit...hmmm.
    palta and DawnM74 like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

i think she's also a mean drunk, and i bet she was drunk when she wrote most of these. not that that makes it ok but it might also at least in part explain her decision to quit drinking.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Don't drink and post!!! Not that it ever stopped me.
    BITTER, sputnik, czb and 4 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    i don't drink but i take edibles and i LOVE posting when i get all philisophical, although most of the time my grammar is atrocious.

i've said some nasty stuff about stodden, on this board. but i would NEVER write something nasty on her social media or personally DM her with insults. that's going too far. she probably was drunk. she is nasty!!

i was never a fan, i don't even know who she is besides john legend's wife and maybe was a model?? i don't think she should get bullied back, it's not up to others to dole out hypocritical 'justice'. i'm still waiting for someone to make a good apology. i hate all this 'i am so ashamed' bs. no they aren't. just admit it, call yourself an asshole and say you have learned your lesson.
    Trixie, weathered1 and holly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I've spent many mornings going through my drunken posts and deleting most of them, while praying that nobody had read them!

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    i've said some nasty stuff about stodden, on this board. but i would NEVER write something nasty on her social media or personally DM her with insults. that's going too far. she probably was drunk. she is nasty!!
    yeah, posting something here is entirely different than seeking someone out on twitter. I don't know if Chrissy thinks "kill yourself" is a funny little insult like "die in a fire" but she's wrong, it's not in the least a cool thing to say. I've never said that to or about anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Fawlty View Post
    I've spent many mornings going through my drunken posts and deleting most of them, while praying that nobody had read them!
    LOL!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

looks like every other has-been is jumping on the chrissy teigen bullying bandwagon, and fighting amongst themselves!
    we could probably start a drinking game where everyone takes a shot each time someone says they have "trauma", which is fast becoming devoid of all meaning the more idiots overuse it.

Chrissy Teigen, Michael Costello, and Leona Lewis Are Now Ensconced in a Bullying Triangle

It would behoove everyone involved to have a juice box and take a nap

Megan Reynolds

Photo: Matt Winkelmeyer, Frazer Harrison, Arnold Jerocki (Getty Images)
    Pull up a chair and put on your thinking caps, for Leona Lewis has entered the Michael Costello-Chrissy Teigen bullying fray, complicating what was relatively simple into something that will soon require a whiteboard, some Post-it flags, and yards of red string.
    Yesterday, Project Runway designer Costello accused Teigen of bullying him in 2014, providing screenshots that showed Teigen allegedly telling him to die, related to a brief scandal involving racism that was, according to Costello, debunked and proven false. Today, Leona Lewis, the “Bleeding Love” gal, has entered the chat, with some bullying accusations of her very own. In an incredible game of Bullying Hot Potato, Lewis claims that Costello actually bullied her —or made her feel “awkward and uncomfortable” in her own words, sure—because of an incident that occurred during a fitting in 2014 for a charity fashion show.
    Lewis fired up Instagram and did a big story, saying that Costello made her feel bad because she wasn’t sample size, and the dress at her fitting was. According to Lewis, Costello and his team were not interested in altering the dress to fit her. Reportedly, Lewis had been told that the dress would be made to fit her, and so Costello’s behavior made her upset. I guess she never ended up walking the show because of it. Here’s Ms. Lewis:

“At the next fitting, the night before the show, with no explanation at all, Michael refused to turn up. He no longer wanted to dress me and he abandoned his commitments to me and the show which made me well aware that I wasn’t the body type required.”
    “Because I didn’t look like a model size, I was not permitted to walk in his dress. I had to sit in the audience and was asked by press why I didn’t walk in the show,” she continued, adding that she had to “come up with excuses as I was so humiliated by it all.”
    “I feel like I was made to look as though I pulled out and was being difficult and as an affect [sic] of those actions I suffered a lot, both personally and professionally,” she continued. “The most hurtful thing is that it was to raise money for charity, and this went against everything we were trying to do.”

Additionally, Lewis said that this incident left her with years of “trauma” and that even though we celebrate curves now, we did not in 2014, I guess. “We all make mistakes, I know I have, but at this time I feel that when people apologize (Chrissy) and show sincere remorse and rehabilitation for their actions, we should embrace them and not try and kick them when they’re down,” she wrote, seemingly taking Teigen’s side.
    Okay! Not to be outdone, Costello pulled up some receipts of his own.

“@LeonaLewis No dis no shade no hate, I love you and your music I still follow you but not sure what [happened],” he wrote. “I’ve reached out to you personally and I have 7 emails from the last 4 years and these past 9 weeks from your team and stylist still requesting looks last email 05/17/21.”

“Leona I am still a fan and I am not coming for you. But let’s talk about what you were feeling about this dress I thought you were happy,” he continued.

After reading this story through and through, many times, I still cannot figure out who is right or wrong, but I suppose that’s the point. This is precisely the kind of low-stakes, D-list drama that I crave, but I’m also already tired of the bullying discourse. Props to Leona for inserting herself into a situation that is already a bit of a mess, and I guess props to both of them for taking the heat off Teigen, who is surely feeling something akin to relief that the bullying onus is off her for the moment and instead, on Costello. What I wish for most sincerely is that everyone involved take a nap. [People]
    Last edited by sputnik; June 16th, 2021 at 11:59 PM.

czb

take a nap? i guess that's better than 'dirt nap'. which i had never even heard of before teigen.
    DawnM74 and crayzeehappee like this.

Gold Member

I’m beginning to think her thesaurus is set to “words I can use to tell people to off themselves.” She’s vile.
    DawnM74 and crayzeehappee like this.

Every times a guilty person starts a sentence with “We all make mistakes...”, I cannot roll my eyes hard enough. It’s almost as if they are trying to excuse what they’ve done, because other people make mistakes too. A mistake is an accident. She purposely made those choices.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Telling someone to go kill themselves/kill yourself is a bit weird and over the top, even if it was meant as sarcasm. I even thought so at the time. And I talk shit about ALL these people. On this board, anyway. I'm not running to their social media to make sure they know it.

She's an asshole. And an attention whore. And so D-list at this point that she's going to wind up more famous for this than anything else. I barely recall what she did before being married to John Legend. Wasn't she some kind of model? Then she was on that celeb lip syncing show with LL cool J. I know her face used to look halfway normal and she fucked it up for no reason.

I still wouldn't tell her "go kill yourself". Something I would tell her: Stop fucking with your face.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

One thing that this saga shows is that everybody has probably done something that either overtly or inadvertently hurt or pissed off someone else. Power dynamics and age differences make it more inexcusable.

Lewis' story about Costello does make me think of a bunch of experiences with pissy little designers who sit in judgement of the people they are supposed to be helping.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information