Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Alicia Silverstone takes baths with 9-year-old son in quarantine

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    There is a horrid show on TLC that comes on after 90 Day Fiance (go ahead and judge me... I know it's trash) called Smothered. It's about these really, really, really close mothers and daughters. The daughters are adults. One of the pairs shares bath water and one actually showers together.

eeeew.

Quote Originally Posted by palta View Post
    lol that's hilarious.
    mine doesn't like to step on humans, she is very dramatic about it.
    One of the cats doesn't give a shit and walks all over us and the other is the opposite lol.
    palta, sputnik, Novice and 1 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

My cat used to sleep by my feet but my dog doesn't. Probably just as well as she's hogs the covers & sleeps across the middle of the bed lol!
    SHELLEE likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Our dog is a Chihuahua, so it is easy to accommodate him on our bad. Very clean and tiny.
    Both of mine are supposedly part Chihuahua (I'm still iffy on the Iggy ... I think she might be all Italian Greyhound, just a runt). They like to burrow because they get cold easily. The 8yo (Carly) is the one that has her spot under the covers at the very end of the bed ... and she is a black and tan (looks like a mini Rottweiler) and her hair is all over the place. She has hair everywhere. The 5-6yo (Maya) must sleep under covers next to me, whether I'm sleeping or sitting. I have a ton of throw blankets for her ... her favorite is a fake fur blanket I got from Costco around Christmas time. She has very, very little hair. No undercoat at all and even where she does have hair, it's thin and short. Her entire belly and chest feels like a baby bottom. Also a personal furnace.

I personally have had two cats in my life. One was from a shelter and I have no idea what breed she was. She had a SILVER coat and striking grey eyes. I had named her Sneakers (we called her Sneakie) because she looooved to hide in any empty bag or box and attack you as you walked by. At some point, a couple years before she passed, she suddenly took an intense dislike of my dad. She would seek only his possessions and would pee all over them. She was dead on accurate too. There would be a pile of dirty clothes on the laundry room floor waiting for my mother to do the laundry, and Sneakie would find my dad's clothes and pee on them, but all the clothes around it would be someone else's and she'd leave them alone. Then she started peeing on and in his expensive work boots, but not pee on the other dozen shoes there that belonged to my mom, me or my two younger sisters. My dad wanted her out, but we threw a fit so he started leaving his stuff in a closet.

My second and last cat was a chocolate point Siamese. He loved to "talk" to you and was the most vocal animal I've ever had. He also did those amazing cat head bumps to you. His purr was so loud you could hear it in the next room. He was so beautiful and his real name was Sebastian (my ex fiancÚ had named him) but we called him Booga. I have so many pictures of that cat sleeping with us, whether it was for a nap or for the night. He was a huge snuggler and would lay on his back with the blanket pulled up and his feet holding the blanket down. He loved cat toys (especially feathers on a string) but neither of my cats would ever eat cat treats and I tried dozens of different kinds.

Carly will eat any dog treat, no matter how nasty it smelled. There are only maybe two or three dog treats that Maya will eat, so I only buy those kinds. Carly will chew on bones or rawhide, but I just find that so nauseating that I never buy them for her. Maya would never eat them either. The more people food they can get, the happier they are.
    tulip and palta like this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Ok guilty. Elvira sleeps on my bed. And she's definitely not tiny. But that's "on" not in. I even have a plush square throw blanket that I lay over the top comforter on her side of the bed (I do have a king sized) and she actually sleeps on top of that. So I guess she is pretty spoiled.

She's had doggie beds on the floor before in the past. But even when she did half the time she'd end up on the bed by the end of the night. However, she NEVER sits on the other furniture. Not on the living room couches or chair. She was never allowed on these from the beginning. She can pretty much plop down and sleep anywhere on the floor.
    tulip, Novice, Kittylady and 4 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Ok guilty. Elvira sleeps on my bed. And she's definitely not tiny. But that's "on" not in. I even have a plush square throw blanket that I lay over the top comforter on her side of the bed (I do have a king sized) and she actually sleeps on top of that. So I guess she is pretty spoiled.

She's had doggie beds on the floor before in the past. But even when she did half the time she'd end up on the bed by the end of the night. However, she NEVER sits on the other furniture. Not on the living room couches or chair. She was never allowed on these from the beginning. She can pretty much plop down and sleep anywhere on the floor.
    Yeah, my dog has a "special" cover on my bed & when its not there she doesn't sleep on the bed. Apart from maybe today, when I haven't made the bed.... *runs upstairs to check*
    palta likes this.

Elvira is not picky. She will still sleep on my bed even without this. I just put it on there because it's easier for me.
    Novice likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

don't feel guilty. the whole point of pets is to spoil them
    Kittylady, Novice, SHELLEE and 6 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Both of mine are supposedly part Chihuahua (I'm still iffy on the Iggy ... I think she might be all Italian Greyhound, just a runt). They like to burrow because they get cold easily. The 8yo (Carly) is the one that has her spot under the covers at the very end of the bed ... and she is a black and tan (looks like a mini Rottweiler) and her hair is all over the place. She has hair everywhere. The 5-6yo (Maya) must sleep under covers next to me, whether I'm sleeping or sitting. I have a ton of throw blankets for her ... her favorite is a fake fur blanket I got from Costco around Christmas time. She has very, very little hair. No undercoat at all and even where she does have hair, it's thin and short. Her entire belly and chest feels like a baby bottom. Also a personal furnace.

I personally have had two cats in my life. One was from a shelter and I have no idea what breed she was. She had a SILVER coat and striking grey eyes. I had named her Sneakers (we called her Sneakie) because she looooved to hide in any empty bag or box and attack you as you walked by. At some point, a couple years before she passed, she suddenly took an intense dislike of my dad. She would seek only his possessions and would pee all over them. She was dead on accurate too. There would be a pile of dirty clothes on the laundry room floor waiting for my mother to do the laundry, and Sneakie would find my dad's clothes and pee on them, but all the clothes around it would be someone else's and she'd leave them alone. Then she started peeing on and in his expensive work boots, but not pee on the other dozen shoes there that belonged to my mom, me or my two younger sisters. My dad wanted her out, but we threw a fit so he started leaving his stuff in a closet.

My second and last cat was a chocolate point Siamese. He loved to "talk" to you and was the most vocal animal I've ever had. He also did those amazing cat head bumps to you. His purr was so loud you could hear it in the next room. He was so beautiful and his real name was Sebastian (my ex fiancÚ had named him) but we called him Booga. I have so many pictures of that cat sleeping with us, whether it was for a nap or for the night. He was a huge snuggler and would lay on his back with the blanket pulled up and his feet holding the blanket down. He loved cat toys (especially feathers on a string) but neither of my cats would ever eat cat treats and I tried dozens of different kinds.

Carly will eat any dog treat, no matter how nasty it smelled. There are only maybe two or three dog treats that Maya will eat, so I only buy those kinds. Carly will chew on bones or rawhide, but I just find that so nauseating that I never buy them for her. Maya would never eat them either. The more people food they can get, the happier they are.
    Our Chihuhua is hairless on its abdomen with very short hair on the back and sides. Very good with the cold, though. Almost never has a problem with it. By the way, he is now officially 1 year older than last Memorial Day period where he literally though he was dying of liver failure. Miraculous recovery.

I posted a shot of it before, buy my grandmother (mom's mom) had a Siamese cat named Kim (female). And whenever my grandmother visited, Kim slept in my bed and would stand at the top of the stairs and meow for me to come up if I stayed up too late. I think a Siamese cat as a breed comes the closest to demonstrating a cat's capacity for interest in a human. By the way, my brother had two Ragdolls (both rescues) that died on him after about 3 years. They were as beautiful and docile as everyone says. My daughter wants one.
    Nevan likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

My mother in law's dog Harvey has his own sleeping bag at the bottom of her bed. In winter it gets folded back so he can get in and be covered up. Before Harvey it belonged to her previous dog, the greatly missed Sally. When we were looking after Sally for a week while MIL was on holiday we had strict instructions on how to fix the sleeping bag for her each night. Except every time I got out of bed for anything I'd come back to find Sally in my spot with Bloke spooning her and I'd face a wrestling match just to get back in my own bed.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Our Chihuhua is hairless on its abdomen with very short hair on the back and sides. Very good with the cold, though. Almost never has a problem with it. By the way, he is now officially 1 year older than last Memorial Day period where he literally though he was dying of liver failure. Miraculous recovery.

I posted a shot of it before, buy my grandmother (mom's mom) had a Siamese cat named Kim (female). And whenever my grandmother visited, Kim slept in my bed and would stand at the top of the stairs and meow for me to come up if I stayed up too late. I think a Siamese cat as a breed comes the closest to demonstrating a cat's capacity for interest in a human. By the way, my brother had two Ragdolls (both rescues) that died on him after about 3 years. They were as beautiful and docile as everyone says. My daughter wants one.
    I swear my Siamese was part human. Everybody loved him and wanted to take him home. He had the run of the house and never made a mess (other than the occasional cat vomit). We went out one night and left him alone (we lived in a condo at that point). Came home and he was just .... off. I recognized it right away but my ex didn't believe me. We went upstairs to the bedroom and Booga followed us and immediately started that crazy cat meow, when other cats are near. We were like, wtf??? We finally discovered some random cat must have slipped in while we were leaving and it was under our bed. Poor Booga must have been having a total hissy fit while we were gone. We tried to get him out on our own but he was crazed and we eventually had to call someone .... I forget who we called but the town police showed up. They got the other cat out with a towel we loaned them and they threw him in their trunk (he was flipping out). Still curious how he got in.

I'm glad your Chi is doing better than last year!! I think Chis come with many different kinds of coats. I looked very briefly at the descriptions for Italian Greyhounds and it doesn't say anything about no undercoat, so maybe she is part Chi, just has more Iggy features. She was definitely the runt and she is very small.

I had a beautiful comforter that I spent a fortune on for my bedroom. I would fold it down on the edge of the bottom of the bed just for decoration (I had all the pillows and window treatments that matched it). As soon as my dogs got on it, they would start scratching at it, like dogs do when they're trying to find a sweet spot. They ruined it. And by the time they did, it had been discontinued. I finally found one on eBay for about $100. It came with a comforter, two shams and a dust ruffle and I paid way more than $100 originally. I bought the one on eBay and she was selling it cheap because it was missing the shams, which I didn't care about because I still had the ones left from the first time I bought it. But now I don't know what to do with it. If I put it back on the bed, the dogs are just going to scratch it apart (it has a lot of silver thread throughout it and that's mostly what they pull out). I love a nicely made bed, but I think this is my last chance with this comforter.
    MohandasKGanja and tulip like this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Aren't there a million other things she could be doing to be close to her kid than taking a bath with him at 9? Lady, wtf, that's disgusting. That poor kid is going to need tons of therapy and cheeseburgers when he's older.

-

^^^ I totally draw the line at throwing people out of your sky castle as a bonding experience with your son!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information