Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Alicia Silverstone takes baths with 9-year-old son in quarantine

Elite Member

There is a horrid show on TLC that comes on after 90 Day Fiance (go ahead and judge me... I know it's trash) called Smothered. It's about these really, really, really close mothers and daughters. The daughters are adults. One of the pairs shares bath water and one actually showers together.
    sprynkles and MohandasKGanja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I don't have any cute kid stories but here's a Ma Kitty story that still makes me wince.

After she'd come back from a holiday she'd put her holiday snaps in to get processed and asked me to collect them on my lunch break from college. So collect them I did and went to meet my friends. While we were all chatting I thought I'd have a sneaky peek at the pictures. Big. Mistake. So many of them featured Ma Kitty topless on a beach.... and all my mates saw them too.

I have never wished or prayed so hard for the ground to open up and swallow me whole.
    Aw, I think that's pretty cool - that made me like your mom even more. That kind of reminds me of a story, though:

When I was a teenager, my best friend's parents went to Cancun, Mexico. When they got back, my friend's dad was talking to us briefly. The dad (who is still alive) is like a human exclamation point - HUGE zest for life and lots of different hobbies and interests - as big an influence on me as my own father. Anyway, we were talking, and he goes, "And on the beach at Cancun, a lot of the women are laying out topless. In fact, [my friend's mom] took off her top, too." I really did my best to not react, but this was a woman I had known since I was just bigger than a toddler. Pretty attractive and a true intellectual. I can't even remember if she was there when he said this, but I do remember that you could hear a pin drop. I still love all of them and am still in touch with my friend.
    Kittylady and I'mNotBitter like this.

We spent most summers in France when I was a kid & my parents always looked out the nudist beaches. I never saw it as a big deal & walk around the house without clothes sometimes (it's not a bfd). When I live at my last house out in the country the neighbours (who lived more than a km away) told my (now)ex's 90 to uncle to tell my ex, to tell me to wear clothes in my own home.
    I sent a message back that if I caught him (the neighbour) looking in the windows I would report him to the police as a peeping tom.
    Strangely, I never heard anything further nor saw him trying to glimpse in the windows.
    His wife (who had complained to my ex's uncle) was a massive church goer + chair of the parish council.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Funny thing is, I can stroll about the house in the nuddie and not think twice about it but I still have to put on PJ's to go to bed. I really, really hate to sleep naked and I'll keep waking up on and off until I get up and put something on.
    Novice and OrangeSlice like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I used to like to sleep naked, but now my dogs sleep with me every night and one of them has to be under the covers and attached to me.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

I really don't get the dog sleeping in/on the bed. My dog *only* sleeps on my bed (when I'm in it) when she's sick. The rest of the time she sleeps on her bed at the foot of my bed. I know loads of people who's dog sleeps in their bed.

^Our dog and 2 cats sleep in our bed...
    palta, Sarzy, sputnik and 1 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

My cat sleeps in the bed now that is cold around here and I love it.
    sputnik and I'mNotBitter like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by palta View Post
    My cat sleeps in the bed now that is cold around here and I love it.
    One of my kitties used to sleep under the covers and cuddle up to me. It was like having a personal heater in winter. Loved it.

My dogs' breeds are burrowers. My 8yo one will dig under the corner at the bottom of my king sized bed and sleep there all night under the blanket. My 5-6yo one MUST be under the covers and curled up at my belly (I'm a side sleeper) or my ankles. I do sometimes wonder how that will work if I ever fall in love again.
    tulip likes this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Our dog is a Chihuahua, so it is easy to accommodate him on our bad. Very clean and tiny.
    sputnik and tulip like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    One of my kitties used to sleep under the covers and cuddle up to me. It was like having a personal heater in winter. Loved it.
    aww mine doesn't like to go under the covers.
    we cuddle on the sofa all the time, but she only comes to our bed when it's cold. another reason to love winter lol.
    sputnik and tulip like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    mine does that even in summer lol
    or he splays out horizontally and pushes me to the other end of the bed. and of course i accommodate him because i spoil him rotten.
    he used to walk all over my ex's head when he was in bed. not in a mean way, just letting him know his place lol
    palta, tulip, lindsaywhit and 3 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    But bathing with a 9 year old is a little more intimate. If a father bathed with his 9 year old daughter, DHS most certainly would be called.
    I agree. Highly inappropriate.
    fgg, tulip and pinkbunnyslippers like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    mine does that even in summer lol
    or he splays out horizontally and pushes me to the other end of the bed. and of course i accommodate him because i spoil him rotten.
    he used to walk all over my ex's head when he was in bed. not in a mean way, just letting him know his place lol
    lol that's hilarious.
    mine doesn't like to step on humans, she is very dramatic about it.
    sputnik likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information