Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Alicia Silverstone takes baths with 9-year-old son in quarantine

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Jeez ermm nope. I grew up seeing my parents just walking around wearing not enough. Whenever I wanted to have friends over or even visit now with my partner, I have to msg ahead to say "put some clothes on, I'm on my way". i'm not a prude but that is a nope at that age. I'm sure Bear also isn't thrilled that his mother felt it necessary to announce it to the media. I hope he doesn't get picked on at school for it.
    is this kid homeschooled? y'all know why i am asking ....
    holly likes this.

^Yeah my mind went immediately to wondering about vaccinations. But I haven't heard that about her.
    czb and holly like this.

Hubby and I have already decided thats how we are going to get our older kids to move out. Just start walking around naked.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Jeez ermm nope. I grew up seeing my parents just walking around wearing not enough. Whenever I wanted to have friends over or even visit now with my partner, I have to msg ahead to say "put some clothes on, I'm on my way". i'm not a prude but that is a nope at that age. I'm sure Bear also isn't thrilled that his mother felt it necessary to announce it to the media. I hope he doesn't get picked on at school for it.
    Somehow, I don't think the son of Alicia Silverstone is going to a traditional "school". I have to admit, I went and looked up Silverstone and there are pictures of her with her son, and it kind of brings back memories. She let him grow out his hair and he has a kind of soft face and androgynous look - cute, happy-looking kid. Our son had super-long hair that around the same age and he would tell us that well-meaning people would say, "Um excuse me, but this is the boy's bathroom." Here is a recent picture of Alicia and Bear:

Weeelll.... all I can say is that if this was Meghan Markle, those biddies, narcs, and just don't have enough to do in their own damn lives folks, would be screeching about that hand hold and them titties.

Me? Knock yourself out, Alicia.
    Kittylady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    is this kid homeschooled? y'all know why i am asking ....
    Since I have nothing better to do, I googled it. I couldn't find out where he goes to school (cause that's creepy) but I found this from an interview:

He’s never had to take medicine in his life,” she told Page Six of her 7-year-old son, Bear, earlier this year. “He can get sniffles and a runny nose but he’s not down, he still goes to school. Two times in his life has he been like ‘Mommy I don’t feel good,’ and it was only for a few hours and he was back running around.”
    https://www.moms.com/20-unique-ways-...ising-her-kid/

The article in the link above just makes her sound even more obnoxious.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

My son slept in my bed far too long. I even talked to his therapist and the head guidance counselor at his school (we are friends), who are both mandated reporters. When he was a baby, he always slept with us ... we kind of did our own form of attachment parenting. When my ex left, he was still sleeping with one of us at 11yo. Then after the fire happened, we lived in a hotel for three months. I refused a double room because that would have meant that we would literally be sitting in bed all day long, watching TV, whatever, so we got a king sized bed that also had a sofa and a table and chairs. So obviously, we were sleeping in the same bed there. When we moved to the displaced housing (still 11yo, I think), there were four bedrooms and three had beds in them from the rental place. He refused to sleep anywhere but with me in the master bedroom, and that went all the way to about two years ago (so 14yo?). We had the talk when we were preparing to move back into our rebuilt house and he was more than willing to sleep in his own room at that point. He still snuck into my bedroom at times ... he's extremely afraid of bugs and if he sees one in his room, he will not sleep there for 2-3 days unless he knows it's definitely dead. Before he went to stay with his dad, I would find him asleep at the foot of my bed, on top of my blanket with his own blanket over him. I felt tremendous guilt over all this so I spoke to the two people I mentioned above. They told me we had a very unique situation and no one would have faulted us given the circumstances. It gave me blessed reassurance.
    lindsaywhit and I'mNotBitter like this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

We had our kids in our bed forever. Luckily, it's a king size and I am a very heavy sleeper. And then it was just whenever they felt like spending the night. There was no traumatic severing of the right to sleep in our bed. They just started to prefer their own bed.
    Nevan likes this.

My daughter slept with me until she moved out of the house as an adult. Entirely her choice. I didn't mind. She had her own room but I think she just liked the company.
    Nevan and MohandasKGanja like this.

Didn't she breastfeed him until he was 37???

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    We had our kids in our bed forever. Luckily, it's a king size and I am a very heavy sleeper. And then it was just whenever they felt like spending the night. There was no traumatic severing of the right to sleep in our bed. They just started to prefer their own bed.
    I've always had a king sized bed as an adult. Even now when I'm all alone, I love my king sized bed. I've taken to the weird habit of sleeping in it horizontally and I have no idea what part of my brain came up with that.

When we were still living here together, I bought a few pieces of furniture for the boy. He had a beautiful nursery/bedroom but he was just unable and unwilling to sleep there. So I bought a cheaper crib and put it in our bedroom on my side. I remember he loved butt pats to go to sleep. He also loooooved when I sang to him at night .... funny side story, I can't sing for shit but my son tells me all the time that I can sing really well, I think he just remembers the comfort my singing gave him and not the quality of my singing, which just melts my entire heart .... he had this "sweet spot" that he had to lay on me and then I would sing and he'd fall asleep within about three songs.

Eventually, he started climbing out of the crib in our bedroom and I found the crib tent (one of the most underrated inventions of all time). That lasted for a while and then he started sleeping in our bed again. He was always above the 90th percentile for height so he was a big little boy. We'd wake up in the morning and my ex was hanging off his side and I'd be hanging off my side and the boy would be in between us, completely horizontally, his feet in his father's back and his head in my back. At some point, I found this piece of furniture ... I don't remember what it was called ... but it looked like a couch without arms and then you could lower the back down to turn it into a small bed. He slept there for a while, but it really just didn't work in the room size.

Now, I'm lucky if he'll sit next to me on the couch. I long for those days when he was little. He just received an inheritance and now he's talking about the kind of car he's going to buy with part of it. I miss my baby!
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

I was so sleep deprived that there was no way I was going to co-sleep with my kid. I've always been a tosser and turner, all night, so I'm sure that would have interrupted his sleep too. Plus I was so anxious and had recurring nightmares of accidentally rolling over on him or something. He was in his mini crib next to me. At 6 (or 7?) months, he slept in his own room. I did do some naps with him on my chest, which I loved but I only felt ok with that bc it was 1.5 hours max, and I never really fall into deep sleep during short day naps.

I'm attached to my kid (mostly safety reasons), but I need my space and my own time too. Alicia seems like an overly attached mom for my likes. At some point, it's not for the kid's benefit or sense of security, it's for the adult's and that's not fair to put that on a kid.

My parents weren't exactly attachment parents, but I was not encouraged to be an independent kid and was afraid to leave my parents' bubble. In many ways I think that worked against me self-confidence-wise. I'd say 9 is an age where that sort of thing starts to make an impact, if it hasn't already.
    sprynkles, czb, Nevan and 3 others like this.

I think 10 was my favourite age when it came to my son. He still needed mommy (privately, with no one - aka his friends - around to see. haha) but he was becoming independent. He went over to friends' houses more and was developing interests that were strictly his own. The person he would grow up to be started emerging then. I remember one day I was walking with him to school after lunch. He started pulling away, walking faster to get ahead of me. I told him to slow down and he walked faster, telling me it was okay and that I could just go back home. I thought that was strange because we weren't even halfway to the school at that point. Then I saw the group of kids down the street. He went to school mostly by himself after that, although sometimes he still liked to walk with me and his little sister. For me, that was the beginning of him growing up. He will be 29 in October. I can hardly believe it.

Yeah, like Nevan and aabbcc are alluding to, there is a time, especially with boys, where the physical change is just so dramatic that it eclipses everything that you thought you knew about them, as well as your relationship with them. I think, over and over again, how this monster 6-foot muscled kid (who is still only 15) could possibly be the slight, long-haired little kid who seemed dependent and vulnerable 3 years ago. He doesn't need us as a physical protector, and he could almost go straight to college with his academic achievements. And he can be pretty passive aggressive as a way of getting us to back off and me less smothering. I think there is just this incredible biological compulsion to be independent around this stage and it can be a shock to parents.

I can see Mrs Mo is not necessarily accepting reality. I have. With our son, I feel like I'm basically consulting with another adult on agenda and schedules, and that we just go off on our merry way the rest of the day. I still cook breakfast for him and his mom every weekday. I make him lunch, too. I feel like 4 inches of his height are due to food I prepared for him.
    aabbcc, sprynkles, Nevan and 1 others like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I don't have any cute kid stories but here's a Ma Kitty story that still makes me wince.

After she'd come back from a holiday she'd put her holiday snaps in to get processed and asked me to collect them on my lunch break from college. So collect them I did and went to meet my friends. While we were all chatting I thought I'd have a sneaky peek at the pictures. Big. Mistake. So many of them featured Ma Kitty topless on a beach.... and all my mates saw them too.

I have never wished or prayed so hard for the ground to open up and swallow me whole.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information