Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alicia Keys loses her damn mind with 'gangsta rap' conspiracy theories

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Just curious, how many of the posters who posted in this thread are black ? I was over at a web site where the posters are black, and they don't find Alicia's comments crazy or raciest. Some disagree, but most are not surprised or upset with what she said....For the record, I'm black.
    Alicia's comments make her sound like Obama's crazy pastor, who said the government invented AIDS to kill off black people.

She sounds like a nut. I don't understand why some black people have this idea that the government is out to get them because of their skin color.

Here's the biggest crazy (a so-called professor) of this whole school of thought:

YouTube - Kamau Kambon Calls For The Extermination Of All White People

"White people want to kill you ... We have to exterminate white people..."

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    Alicia's comments make her sound like Obama's crazy pastor, who said the government invented AIDS to kill off black people.
    Tuskegee Experiments

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

"White people want to kill you ... We have to exterminate white people..."
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Just curious, how many of the posters who posted in this thread are black ? I was over at a web site where the posters are black, and they don't find Alicia's comments crazy or raciest. Some disagree, but most are not surprised or upset with what she said....For the record, I'm black.
    I'm black and I don't find her comments racist, either. Now, I think her comments were dumb and she pulled them out of her ass, but they weren't racist. And I'm not surprised by what she said either. Some people just need to believe there's a conspiracy for EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Now, the Tuskeegee Experiment is a totally different, and well-documented, event.

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    That's actually based on the theory of a white doctor who claims he worked on the project. He claims he was hired by the CIA to create a bioweapon and test it in Africa. He claims that the work he did became the AIDS virus.

I don't know if any of his claims are true, but the story did originate with a white guy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I'm black and I don't find her comments racist, either. Now, I think her comments were dumb and she pulled them out of her ass, but they weren't racist. And I'm not surprised by what she said either. Some people just need to believe there's a conspiracy for EVERYTHING.

Now, the Tuskeegee Experiment is a totally different, and well-documented, event.
    Now that's true. The CIA was into all sorts of weird shit back in the Cold War days. The CIA paid $60 000 to a shrink in Montreal, Dr. D. Ewen Cameron, to test 'brainwashing techniques' - called 'psychic driving' - on his patients, and that led to a lawsuit, and the largest out of court settlement in the CIA's history.

Brainwash Experiments Still Enrage Victim’s Son

Project MKULTRA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now that's not even considering Operation Midnight

Operation Midnight Climax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Operation Midnight was a nasty little number where the CIA used prostitutes to lure unsuspecting test subjects into 'safe house'. Then their reactions to drugs, brainwashing techniques, and their susceptibility to sexual blackmail would be tested. One of the guys who worked on the project recalls an incident where a 'john' was brought back by one of the girls, and he was then slipped LSD without his knowledge. According to the case worker the guy freaked, and ran screaming out into the night, never to be seen again. That wasn't the only such case.

I doubt that the government has any plan specifically targeted at the 'elimination' of Afro-Americans. Although I'm sure that black activists groups are infiltrated. The same thing routinely happens up here with Quebec separatist movements.
    Last edited by AgentOrange; April 14th, 2008 at 03:04 AM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

"`Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. `Gangsta rap' didn't exist."
    and who devised this 'ploy,' was it whitey?

Silver Member

I told you when the heat got on her she would back down from her statements. She's so predictable.

Source

Alicia Keys says she's not a conspiracy theorist. In a statement issued Tuesday, Keys said she was clarifying "comments that were made during my recent Blender magazine interview since they have been misrepresented."

According to an interview in the magazine's May issue, the 27-year-old singer says: "`Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. `Gangsta rap' didn't exist." She also is quoted as saying that she wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead."

"We stand by our story," Blender spokeswoman Kate Cafaro told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

"My comments about `gangsta rap' were in no way trying to suggest that the government is responsible for creating this genre of rap music," Keys said in a statement issued by J Records. "The point that I was trying to make was that the term was oversloganized by some of the media causing reactions that were not always positive. Many of the `gangsta rap' lyrics articulate the problems of the artists' experiences and I think all of us, including our leaders, could be doing more to address these problems including drugs, gang violence, crime, and other related social issues."

As for the AK-47 remark, Keys said Tuesday that AK-47 is a nickname given to her by friends "as an acronym for Alicia Keys and a metaphor for wowing people with my music and performances, `killing 'em dead' on stage. The reference was in no way meant to have a literal, political or negative connotation."

When AP attempted to reach Keys last week about the Blender interview, her publicist, Theola Borden, said the singer was on vacation and unavailable for comment.

The multiplatinum star behind the hits "Fallin'" and "No One" most recently had success with her latest CD, "As I Am," which has sold 3.4 million copies, according to Nielsen Soundscan.

Quote Originally Posted by ingi View Post

I ain't seeing no AK-47 necklace in any of these pics???

P'uh... she is over-rated. People act like 'she can play a piano - therefore is a musical genius'... whatever. Granted she has more talent than the Britney's of the world (this, by the way, is not hard) but she is still a completely contrived act under strict guidance of Clive Davis... who, coincidently, sounds like the brains behind her rebuttal speech against Blender.
    vaya con dios

She's actually very pretty. I love her hair.

She's always come off as very fake to me. Like she's playing the role, but it's not as good as they're makin' it out to be. And overrated. I agree w/ missvenus about her being hailed as a musical wonder just because she has more talent than the Britneys of the business.

Hit By Ban Bus!

If some dweeb white person had been quoted as saying the same crap only about black people they would be in deep dookie. What she said was wrong.

However I think she's very attactive and I love her voice.

Maybe her views is the very reason Oprah didn't make the movie about Lena Horne, after all Lena vetoed Janet Jackson after nipple gate.

The Black Panthers have been cleaned up and santized through the passing of time. Excuses have been made, the killing of others for any reason except defending yourself is a crime, they were criminals.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    If some dweeb white person had been quoted as saying the same crap only about black people they would be in deep dookie. What she said was wrong.

However I think she's very attactive and I love her voice.

Maybe her views is the very reason Oprah didn't make the movie about Lena Horne, after all Lena vetoed Janet Jackson after nipple gate.

The Black Panthers have been cleaned up and santized through the passing of time. Excuses have been made, the killing of others for any reason except defending yourself is a crime, they were criminals.
    ITA!
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

It's a shame that she won't be playing Lena Horne, 'cause some times she's the spitting image of her.

Besides, if we start holding nutty ideas against celebrities, then soon we won't have any entertainers left. Not hat it would be a bad thing.

Alicia looks NOTHING like Lena. She is much much more beautiful. Lena's face was kind of funny looking to me, like Sophia Loren.

On to a more important note, I have that Blender magazine. She looks so pretty and I love the picture with her in the dress!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    As much as I love Tupac and Notorious BIG, it's wrong to call them a leader. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a leader, not them. They were gangster wannabes whose lives were cut tragically short.

Thanks a lot Alicia, now I don't like you as much because you're a giant headcase.
    Don't put Tupac in the same box as Biggie. I wouldn't call 2pac a leader either, but his mother was a black panther, his music had more of a message, he was a good actor, etc. Biggie was not a leader, what did he do to lead?

Quote Originally Posted by lavi View Post
    Am I the only one that never liked Alicia. Everything about her is some contrite and scripted. She doesn't say anything that isn't ran by Clive Davis or her handlers first. Everything is so manufactured about her even the uninspiring "soul" music she claims to write herself.
    Uhh...no.
    Last edited by bychance; April 17th, 2008 at 09:59 AM. Reason: misspelling

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information