Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alicia Keys loses her damn mind with 'gangsta rap' conspiracy theories

Hit By Ban Bus!

dayum, girl is a carpenter's dream

Hit By Ban Bus!

major bummer

I've been waiting for that movie Oprah was supposed to make starring Alicia Keys - she was going to play Lena Horne.. now I know why it never got made.

Is she really that racist?

I saw her on Sesame Street singing to Elmo.. I guess she thinks Elmo is going to be the next great leader ----

Quote Originally Posted by lavi View Post
    Am I the only one that never liked Alicia. Everything about her is some contrite and scripted. She doesn't say anything that isn't ran by Clive Davis or her handlers first. Everything is so manufactured about her even the uninspiring "soul" music she claims to write herself.
    I'll join the Not That Impressed With Alicia Keys Club

I thought she was pretty sane - she always appeared that way in interviews. It definitely looks like she's smoking the same crack that Lauryn Hill has inhaled

Bronze Member

Just curious, how many of the posters who posted in this thread are black ? I was over at a web site where the posters are black, and they don't find Alicia's comments crazy or raciest. Some disagree, but most are not surprised or upset with what she said....For the record, I'm black.

Hit By Ban Bus!

They don't find them (the black panthers) racist because maybe they weren't born when the Black Panthers were around. They were not a warm and fuzzy group and to glorify them by saying I wear a AK-47 pendant around my neck is stupid. As I recall they used to hide out on roof tops and shoot at cops when they drove by -- it didn't matter the color of the cops either.

I hate to tell her but there are a lot of black people in government these days, black people are becoming "the man" So who is she going to be angry with then?

Is there anyone who doesn't have black people in their family these days?

I'm ticked because I really like her, she's not some poor chick the world left behind.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Just curious, how many of the posters who posted in this thread are black ? I was over at a web site where the posters are black, and they don't find Alicia's comments crazy or raciest. Some disagree, but most are not surprised or upset with what she said....For the record, I'm black.
    I don't really think our skin color matters, but I know there are several members here who are African Americans.
    I don't think anyone here is calling her racist, but she is definitely coming across as being pretty naive, buying into ideas that only people who can't think for themselves believe. It's a shame because a lot of people really like her, including me. I wonder how she would feel if an African American won the Presidency?
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    Shame, she's talented and pretty, I had no idea she had a...ah, 'special' relation to reality.

How's the weather at your planet, Alicia? Come and join us on earth some time.
    Does 'special relation' mean 'a screw loose'?? Most celebrities start out a little out of touch, and get worse once they've made it big. At least she isn't trying to contact Xenu, or talking in funny accents, yet.

No one isn't claiming that there is still a problem with systemic racism. Still, when you start talking about conspiracy theories, you know how that sounds. People start watching to see if you begin wrapping yourself in tinfoil.

Mel Gibson ruined himself, not only with his 'anti semitic' comments, but with all these elaborate theories that he subscribes to - sedavaticanism. Mel's dad Hutton is one of the leaders in the movement. Hutton believes, among other things, that John 23rd wasn't Pope, that a secret cabal of Jews and Freemasons subverted the lawful election of Cardinal Siri as Gregory 17 by threatening to "A bomb the Vatican", and that the holocaust didn't happen, or if it did, then it wasn't really so bad. Mel's mom has commented that there were "more Jews in Europe after the holocaust than before", and Hutton is a contributor to many 'lunatic fringe' web sites. Mel was quoted in a European interview as saying something to the effect that he doubted John Paul 2 was really Pope. Can you believe that 'Mad Max' got through the 80's and 90's as an angry drunken crackpot, without any of this reaching the media?? Now that's image management!!

Alicia's theories may be tame by comparison, but when you start talking about 'secret plots' and 'hidden agendas', people start wondering whether they should drop a net on you.

The following link is one of the sites that the elder Mr Gibson is a frequent contributor to.

Dedicated to the restoration of the Roman Catholic Church

This stuff is so far out that even Coasttocoast AM won't touch it!
    Last edited by AgentOrange; April 13th, 2008 at 01:23 AM.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post

I don't find the statements racist. I just think these statements appear to be a desperate plea to give her street cred. She has largely kept her mouth shut but feels the need to speak now. It isn't a coming of age thing as she is 27 and a full grown adult. A bit late to start to rebel wouldn't you say?

I guess one could argue that her handlers made her keep quiet. But then that would fly in the face of the whole empowerment and strength the she is so desperate for these statements to project.

Plus if these quotes continue into a full blown controversy. She will most likely not have the back bone to stand up for what she said. She will complain that she was "misquoted" or it was "taken out of context" or I didn't mean to offend anybody, or something equally nauseating. I just think she is a very fake person in general and only gives lip service to the struggles of people when she can garner publicity out of it.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    Thanks a lot Alicia, now I don't like you as much because you're a giant headcase.
    Snap. Snap. Thank you! She needs to have an eternal sleepover in Mariah Carey's unicorn room.

It actually sickens me that she would compare Biggie and Tupac to real "great black leaders". She is completely delusional.

I have never heard of this theory before, but it is just as dumb as all the others.
    I don't know why people need to believe in these great theories that the governments or other groups are out to destroy them.
    Most of them don't even make sense. I mean they were good rappers, I used to like B.IG. but neither of them looked like they had aspirations to lead a movement...
    Some people really should know when to shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by lavi View Post
    Am I the only one that never liked Alicia. Everything about her is some contrite and scripted. She doesn't say anything that isn't ran by Clive Davis or her handlers first. Everything is so manufactured about her even the uninspiring "soul" music she claims to write herself.
    1. No, you are not.

2. Now we know why. She says stupid shit like this!

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    They don't find them (the black panthers) racist because maybe they weren't born when the Black Panthers were around. They were not a warm and fuzzy group and to glorify them by saying I wear a AK-47 pendant around my neck is stupid. As I recall they used to hide out on roof tops and shoot at cops when they drove by -- it didn't matter the color of the cops either.
    This country was built on revolution and ordinary citizens taking up arms against The Powers That Be. What they did is no different than what happened at Ruby Ridge or even Waco. I've never been subjected to police brutality or the lawful seizure of my property for no real reason, but I'd be mad if it happened to me. While I do not agree with any of their methods, in a country built on violence that continues to glorify violence, it's no wonder any of those people took up arms.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Look up "Tuskeegee Experiment" and you might find out why a lot of black folks don't trust the government.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post

I hate to tell her but there are a lot of black people in government these days, black people are becoming "the man" So who is she going to be angry with then?

Is there anyone who doesn't have black people in their family these days?

I'm ticked because I really like her, she's not some poor chick the world left behind.
    The Black Panthers might not have been a warm and fuzzy group or did the things that would have made people feel very comfortable with their existence. The took the Malcolm X way to the Civil Rights movement, instead of the MLK jr. way. They felt that instead of waiting and begging others to protect them from police brutality, they took matters in their own hands. By any means necessary..their doctrine, philosophy might have been different, but they did a lot for the communities they were involved in. Some of us might not have been around during the era of the BPP, but some of us either have parents, relatives, or family friends that were involved in the party, had close affiliation, or received help from them one way or another. And if they weren't given first hand knowledge by knowing someone who were directly involved, they had enough in them to research and do their homework to find out what they were all about.

The fact that there are black people in some form of Government doesn't mean that 'we' are becoming 'the man'. A few people having some power isn't a revolution, it's a beginning!! Was there an agenda, is there still one, maybe..but it didn't involve taking out two rappers. There have been messages in music for years, why those two..why not people who were directly involved in the 'movement' who wrote songs about knocking the establishment outright...not songs about self degradation, with one or two that had a constructive message. To quote Chris Rock, MLK was assassinated, Tupas and Biggie were SHOT!
    The fact that she voiced her theories about historical events, should not make her any less of a great singer in a fans eyes. I believe some of what she said makes her a little touched in the head, but I must say if she didn't mention Tupac or Biggie.. I wouldn't think that she was off at all!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information