Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree386Likes

Thread: Alec and Hilaria Baldwin expecting their fourth child

I don't understand this at all. So she is pregnant, but the embryo is not developing?
    And - why is there a stigma? Miscarriages happen, it's a personal loss, people try to be sensible - that's not a stigma.
    But what do I know...

^I was wondering the same thing. Stigma? Shame and embarrassment? About what?
    Lofty Bike and ConstanceSpry like this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

i don't know but of all the attention whoring shit hilaria's pulled, this is probably the least annoying. if you ask women about miscarriages most will tell you there's no stigma and they don't feel ashamed, and yet very few women talk about it, and people can be weird about it and there is definitely judgement of women who announce their pregnancies early and then suffer miscarriages, that kind of weird schadenfreude/judginess, as if to say, 'that's what she gets for announcing it so early'.
    SHELLEE, BelledeJour, czb and 3 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

There *is* a stigma surrounding miscarriages in that people don't want to talk about it and therefore when it happens (which is more often than you'd think--because people don't talk about it) women feel even worse because they feel alone. It's a painful thing as many times it's a wanted pregnancy, and the resulting isolation from lack of awareness makes it even more so. Many women think of it very much as losing a child no matter how early it is,

However. She is a known attention whore sanctimommy so she is definitely the wrong messenger for this.

^^
    women can be such monstrous cunts to each other. one of my best friends miscarried earlier this year. she told me right away and a couple of other close friends but when she told her mom, instead of being of any comfort all she said was that she hoped she wasn't exercising as much as she usually does because that could have contributed to it, and that she hoped she hadn't told too many people about the pregnancy because now she would have to explain what happened.
    never mind my friend had a cancer scare and had to get her uterus scraped which is a more likely culprit here, and after that miscarriage the doctor decided ivf was the way to go.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't know but of all the attention whoring shit hilaria's pulled, this is probably the least annoying. if you ask women about miscarriages most will tell you there's no stigma and they don't feel ashamed, and yet very few women talk about it, and people can be weird about it and there is definitely judgement of women who announce their pregnancies early and then suffer miscarriages, that kind of weird schadenfreude/judginess, as if to say, 'that's what she gets for announcing it so early'.
    We didn't announce either of our pregnancies until after we got the results of the CVS. During that time, you would get chromosomal results that would reveal that the pregnancy is ultimately not viable. Plus, other possible decisions come into play from the results you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    There *is* a stigma surrounding miscarriages in that people don't want to talk about it and therefore when it happens (which is more often than you'd think--because people don't talk about it) women feel even worse because they feel alone. It's a painful thing as many times it's a wanted pregnancy, and the resulting isolation from lack of awareness makes it even more so. Many women think of it very much as losing a child no matter how early it is,

However. She is a known attention whore sanctimommy so she is definitely the wrong messenger for this.
    Look at Gabrielle Union. Was anybody besides me shocked to hear she had something like 8+ miscarriages? Imagine having to swallow that burden yourself in private. It's mind boggling.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Plus, not to say that any miscarriage is not painful, but she has 4 kids already. My heart just goes out to someone reading this that has none and has had repeated miscarriages.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I've stumbled across her instagram recently and she has somehow grown on me. I don't know how.

While I do think this post is a bit "off" I can understand her point in posting and I appreciate her attempt to normalize and relate to those who have gone through something similar.
    I'mNotBitter and lindsaywhit like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Miscarriage is terrible and yes, of course we should work to remove any shame or stigma that others try to attach to it but....

Why does she have to do it with an underwear selfie?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post

Why does she have to do it with an underwear selfie?

i missed that part. because hilaria?
    sprynkles likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

i missed that part. because hilaria?
    Yep. This is apparently the accompanying picture:

Which doesn't divert at all from the seriousness of the discussion, oh no sirree!
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I'm always in favor of an Hilaria underwear selfie.

ETA - thanks for that followup shot, Kittylady!

I had a miscarriage when I was young. It wasn't a big emotional thing for me because it happened before I knew I was pregnant, and at that stage in my life I probably would have opted for an abortion anyway. Its not really a big deal. A lot of women on my mother's side of the family miscarried their first pregnancies and went on to have more children later. But I can understand it being a big emotional deal for people who were really tryng to have a baby.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I also had a miscarriage when I was in my 20's but I wasn't upset since I didn't want to be pregnant anyway, however I did quite smoking and drinking and was just going to deal with having a baby. I ended up miscarrying because I didn't know that I had the RH factor blood and never had the rhogam shot. I do think that there is a stigma attached to miscarrying for many though, and appreciate what she thinks she's doing, but yeah, real Klassy doing it in an underwear selfie. She really is an attention whore.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

^^
    women can be such monstrous cunts to each other. one of my best friends miscarried earlier this year. she told me right away and a couple of other close friends but when she told her mom, instead of being of any comfort all she said was that she hoped she wasn't exercising as much as she usually does because that could have contributed to it, and that she hoped she hadn't told too many people about the pregnancy because now she would have to explain what happened.
    never mind my friend had a cancer scare and had to get her uterus scraped which is a more likely culprit here, and after that miscarriage the doctor decided ivf was the way to go.
    Well that's the thing. People say unkind things, either unwittingly or on purpose. Or they're afraid of saying the wrong thing, so say nothing, and everyone is uncomfortable. It all reinforces the feeling that you shouldn't talk about it.

I do like the idea of spreading awareness on social media because it's easier to avoid this potential awkwardness.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information