Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin vents on 60 Minutes

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ both are good actors and both have some anger issues. To bad they couldn't make it work I bet they had some serious monkey sex going on.. now they are just bitter

I agree, I love Alec as an actor, I think he's brilliant. As a person I think he's a world-class asshole. I've never thought too much about Kim as an actress, to be honest. In that capacity, he is much much better than her. And you're right, I think with their tumultuous relationship they probably stayed together because of the sex. Sad that all that dirty monkey sex created a human being that they both shit upon.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

If I was going through a custody battle over my daughter, the last thing I would do would be to leave a message calling her a little thoughtless pig. He obviously has no control over his anger which makes him a potential threat to his own daughter. Kim obviously has some issues of her own, but his actions reinforces her belief that she doesn't want her daughter to go through what she did. I think Kim is a very weak person, but smart enough to hire a good lawyer.

I just pray that the daughter won't be completely messed up like her parents.

Yes, he has anger issues. But there are a lot of parents out there who say a lot of nasty things to their kids in the heat of the moment. It was a moment of anger. She missed the call to her father for the third time in a row. YES, he made a mistake, but he didn't just call her up and berate her out of the blue.

Kim is not a good actress at all, btw. She's pretty bad. I can't even believe she won an Oscar--she was mediocre in that film.

I think Alec needs some help. I do think that Kim is painted as a victim, because she thrives on it. She doesn't think about her daughter. She only cares about making him look bad. She leaked this to the media. That's just as bad....that is JUST as bad as what he did.

I don't think Kim has to make Alec look bad. He does it all on his own.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ yep.....

seems to me old Alec give Kim a lot of ammo to go before the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy View Post
    I can forgive him for anything ... he's one of the most talented actors out there. He could blow up a bus full of Nuns, I'd still go see his movies. Says a lot about me.
    Add me to your buddy list, because I will also forgive Mr. Baldwin for anything & everything as well. Kim B is a nutcase. Wish I had her looks!
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Nobody's denying that he has problems. But Kim is no better than he is, and possibly worse. She's got serious, serious problems, and she's done nothing but put her daughter in the middle, using her as a pawn. She has blatantly put her daughter in the line of fire. She's as bad as he is.

At least he has talent, good lord. Kim Basinger has all the crazy, and...oh, that's about it.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ she has panic attacks, he has OCD .... I'd say they are about even

^She has more than panic attacks.

They both put their daughter in the middle. I am a little surprised that people are willing defend Alec in his berating of his daughter. Even if Kim is utter bitch, it doesn't justify him talking to his daughter like that. He left it on her voice mail for goodness sakes. Not only is it stupid, but shows he lacks self control.

^It's possible I'm defending him because I like him. It's possible I'm defending him because he's talented. I see how that can be f*cked up, but I also know that while he is completely mad and has horrible issues with anger and self-control, I know it's highly possible that Kim Basinger pushes his buttons, bringing out the worst in him. I refuse to believe he is all bad, just as I refuse to believe she is all good. And if she were good, she would stop issuing statements about how awful he is. The pattern seems to be Kim privately goading him and punishing him, knowing he will publicly lose it.

She is most likely poisoning her daughter against her father. I believe that he loves his daughter. But: I think he ABSOLUTELY must get help and some control.

Then again, people really liked Dr. Crippen, and he was a murderer. I dunno.

I don't think Alec has ANY control over his anger. I've seen pictures of him when he is angry and he scares the shit out of me. I think he just snaps. Remember this? And then the coworker who quit because he scared her?

Here's a puzzling story about an actress, Jan Maxwell, quitting her role in a NY play, because she can't stand Alec Baldwin, her co-star.
    [Maxwell wrote] in an e-mail message to a friend that Mr. Baldwin "created an unhealthy and oppressive situation." She referred specifically to an incident in which Mr. Baldwin punched a wall because he was angry that the air-conditioning was not turned high enough....

Mr. Baldwin admitted to punching the wall, but said he had been sweating onstage and, as his character wears glasses, the sweat was making it difficult to see.
    Althouse: So Alec Baldwin punched the wall because of the air conditioning.

I think Baldwin often gets a free pass because he's charming and he is talented, and people (like myself) love him in 30 Rock, but nevertheless I think in real life he is a real asshole. Whoever said that he doesn't need help in making himself look bad is entirely correct.

And the thing that bothers me about the Alec supporters is when they bring up Kim having "mental issues" as being so negative that she must be a bitch. Yes, I totally buy that she is manipulative and the like, probably not a good person. But to insinuate that her panic attacks and agoraphobia make her so nutty and that he was terrible to get involved with someone like that is low. There are plenty of people who suffer from those conditions who are good people, as well. I don't get why that even needs to be brought up, there are legitimate psychological conditions and they are uncontrollable, its not like she can help that. She can help being other things, I agree, but I think its just tacky to bring that up (thats not directed to anyone here, just something I've noticed in general).
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ ditto

I have panic attacks too, it's because of a special Kim Bassinger did on panic disorder that I lost the love for Alec Baldwin. While still married to Kim he said he didn't believe her that she didn't have panic attacks, while still married to her Kims father said Alec was abusive. If he is abusive to his wife how do we know he's not abusive to his daughter? The judge gave Ireland to Kim for some reason.

I hate to say this but Alec only came out recently with "OCD" I wonder if he did because he thinks people cut her some slack b/c of her panic disorder.

I don't have a problem with Kim's phobias. But there are TWO PEOPLE here, and I don't think he's entirely evil. She's done her fair share of exploiting their daughter. She's more about the sympathy than actually working with her ex-husband in the best interest of her child. With someone LIKE Baldwin, I suspect that badgering him only causes him to act like a bully even more. Again, I think he seriously needs to work some shit out, but she's just as bad as he is. Except that she can't act for shit, so he does win in that department.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information