Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Alec Baldwin reunited with the daughter, 12, he called a 'rude pig'

  1. #31
    Elite Member AgentOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wonderstruck
    Posts
    6,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    ^^So true, but Ms. B is one manipulative bitch.
    I wouldn't put it past her to have the phone off the hook, or Ireland otherwise occupied, when it's time for Alec's call. I suspect her of pushing his buttons, like the National Enquirer is accussing Shannon Price of doing with Gary Coleman. Gary recently threw a computer printer at her! They have a sexless marriage, but they fight constantly!

    Wondertrash® - Post details: Sex, Violence, & Marriage: Life with Gary Coleman and Shannon Price

  2. #32
    Elite Member Aella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    8,899

    Default

    Count me in the 'a parent losing their temper and calling their kid a name: not the end of the world' camp. It's happened to me once or twice as a kid (though more as a teenager, since I was a pretty good kid), and it didn't scar me for life or anything.

    It's ridiculous to expect parents to be perfect.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

    "The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

  3. #33
    Elite Member WhateverLolaWants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    13,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    I never said they had to be "flawless". If the kids aren't misbehaving, then you just don't yell at them. What's the point? Because then they'll eventually stop listening to the parent all together, and the parent will get even more frustrated, and... whatever, it's pretty much pointless trying to argue a point with a Gossip Rocks member.
    Ideally, I would agree with you. There are some who have pristine tempers and who never say things they don't mean. My point is that, even with strongest efforts employed, sometimes adults, in a fit of extreme emotion, say things they shouldn't to children. It happens all the time, and it isn't okay (I think a child seeing a parent out of control is a horrible thing) but it DOES happen to even the most involved parents and it isn't the end of the world.

    If your parents were able to keep their tempers 100% of the time, I am envious of them. WE should all aspire to that, it just doesn't always happen.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

  4. #34
    Elite Member aabbcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Watching the sun set over Lake Superior.
    Posts
    18,970

    Default

    Being a parent isn't a walk in the park, especially if you have to deal with a spiteful miserable ex on top of it. I get along great with my kids most of the time, but we have our moments. When you are angry and frustrated, you sometimes say things you shouldn't. I have. My kids have. It doesn't mean the love isn't there. You just had a lapse in good judgment.

    I have been on Alec's side throughout this whole thing. I think Kim has been a miserable vindictive cunt from the beginning. You don't like him anymore, fine, but he has the right to have a relationship with his daughter. You CHOSE to have him be the father of your child. So grow the fuck up and deal with it.

  5. #35
    Elite Member Ravenna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik
    to me it's far worse that kim made the tape public than than alec momentarily lost it and yelled at his kid out of frustration.
    I agree. If it was an isolated incident, then it's no big deal, no parent is perfect. The thing is that Alec Baldwin is known for having a bad temper, so I am not sure it was an isolated incident. But Kim was totally in the wrong and nasty to leak that tape in any case.

    Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Girl looks just like her daddy. Not good for a girl...
    Really? I think she's a pretty girl who looks just like her mother. I wonder which of us is blind

  6. #36
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Gloatopia
    Posts
    2,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    Count me in the 'a parent losing their temper and calling their kid a name: not the end of the world' camp. It's happened to me once or twice as a kid (though more as a teenager, since I was a pretty good kid), and it didn't scar me for life or anything.
    But there is quite a difference between spewing vitriol at an 11-year old and say, a 16-year old, no?

  7. #37
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    my parents never once said anything negative to me. and i turned out to be a real shit. so ya just never know
    good for you - admitting your problems. I've said plenty of horrible things to my parents. I think I went through a phase where I WANTED to see if I could make my mother cry every day. I was a shit, an unrepentive little shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    I wouldn't put it past her to have the phone off the hook, or Ireland otherwise occupied, when it's time for Alec's call. I suspect her of pushing his buttons, like the National Enquirer is accussing Shannon Price of doing with Gary Coleman. Gary recently threw a computer printer at her! They have a sexless marriage, but they fight constantly!
    See, that is EXACTLY what I believe happened. I mean, this is a fucking guy who flies across the country to have visitation with his daughter. He has set times that he calls her once a week or so. I think the same people that are on here bashing him for losing his temper would be the same ones bashing if he were an absentee father. He may be a prick, but he's a prick that wants to spend time with his kid. I'd also add that anyone with eyes can see the difference in that kids face with her mom & her expression when she's there with her dad - with which parent does she look more distraught? Her mother's a cunt and she knows it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    Count me in the 'a parent losing their temper and calling their kid a name: not the end of the world' camp. It's happened to me once or twice as a kid (though more as a teenager, since I was a pretty good kid), and it didn't scar me for life or anything.

    It's ridiculous to expect parents to be perfect.
    I'm in on this too. I wouldn't say that I'm damaged because my parents yelled at me or anything. I think it's quite the opposite. In the real world, people yell, they cuss, they get angry - they have emotions and sometimes react to something in a negative way. I am not nor do I expect I ever will be perfect. I wasn't a perfect child and I'm certainly not a perfect parent.
    Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Being a parent isn't a walk in the park, especially if you have to deal with a spiteful miserable ex on top of it. I get along great with my kids most of the time, but we have our moments. When you are angry and frustrated, you sometimes say things you shouldn't. I have. My kids have. It doesn't mean the love isn't there. You just had a lapse in good judgment.

    I have been on Alec's side throughout this whole thing. I think Kim has been a miserable vindictive cunt from the beginning. You don't like him anymore, fine, but he has the right to have a relationship with his daughter. You CHOSE to have him be the father of your child. So grow the fuck up and deal with it.
    Fucking A - Bingo.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: May 4th, 2007, 10:56 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: April 24th, 2007, 12:41 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2007, 10:34 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 5th, 2006, 07:44 PM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: December 9th, 2005, 09:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •