Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Alec Baldwin & Hilaria Thomas: Expecting First Child Together?

^My ex was 48 when our child was born. He said it was nicer for him than when his other 2 kids were born. He felt more prepared to be a father, was more settled financially, and was overall more relaxed.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

^^At any age, it probably mostly depends on whether the guy really wants the child(ren) or only agrees to make his wife happy.
    sluce, MohandasKGanja and dowcat like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I think Alec wants to be a Dad again. Hopefully it will go well.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    ^My ex was 48 when our child was born. He said it was nicer for him than when his other 2 kids were born. He felt more prepared to be a father, was more settled financially, and was overall more relaxed.
    I think Alec wants to be a Dad again. Hopefully it will go well.
    I agree with Sluce. My son's dad was in his 40s when Snowflake came along. He was in his 20s with the other two and was working all the time. Even his wife/mother of other 2 says he's a better dad to Snowflake. Something to do with missing so much time with the other two really made him want to slow down and enjoy time with the boy.

And LOL at the "could drop dead tomorrow" comment, Charmed. The babies that I carried... well, the father is almost 61 and has battled/battles prostate cancer. And he's enjoying chasing 4 little 18 month old girls around everyday as a SAHD!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I agree with Sluce. My son's dad was in his 40s when Snowflake came along. He was in his 20s with the other two and was working all the time. Even his wife/mother of other 2 says he's a better dad to Snowflake. Something to do with missing so much time with the other two really made him want to slow down and enjoy time with the boy.

And LOL at the "could drop dead tomorrow" comment, Charmed. The babies that I carried... well, the father is almost 61 and has battled/battles prostate cancer. And he's enjoying chasing 4 little 18 month old girls around everyday as a SAHD!
    Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    ^^At any age, it probably mostly depends on whether the guy really wants the child(ren) or only agrees to make his wife happy.
    We were in our late 30's and over the financial hump when we had them. Also, had more flexibility with our schedules, and in-laws that had moved into town, too. And now live with us.

For me, with age came maturity (not on this board, of course - but in real life), and the realization, the absolutely awe-inspiring realization, that you have the power to totally screw up a young person's childhood and even their long-term emotional well being if you aren't paying attention and putting effort into being a decent parent. I don't think I would have had that kind of epiphany, or the flexibility to do things the right way, if I had had children starting in my late 20's. Huge kudos to parents that can, and do, achieve that at a younger age, though.
    Flygirl likes this.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    well, the father is almost 61 and has battled/battles prostate cancer. And he's enjoying chasing 4 little 18 month old girls around everyday as a SAHD!
    awe, i hope they keep him young!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    We were in our late 30's and over the financial hump when we had them.
    i always picture you as mid-30s. i didn't realize you were so OLD. were you approved to adopt the puppy?
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I am 47, with two adult children, and I can't imagine having another baby now. Nor do I want to. The very idea is exhausting. If I ever have an urge to play mommy again, I'll adopt a puppy.

^I'm almost 50 and can't imagine starting over again either but it's different for him. He didn't do the day to day raising of Ireland. And let's be honest - in most cases, it is more work for the mom. You an I have come out the other side and are getting to start a new chapter of our lives. Alec has just chisen a different novel so his chapter will be different. I don't like horror stories.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Awww congrats! I know Alec will love this little pig!
    lol gas_chick. Maybe they will have three little piglets ...

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by westpalmolivebeach View Post
    lol gas_chick. Maybe they will have three little piglets ...
    I wonder if Hilaria has already got a taste of Alec's temper? Will she put up with him calling their kids "thoughtless little pigs" for misbehaving?

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingRepunzel View Post
    I wonder if Hilaria has already got a taste of Alec's temper? Will she put up with him calling their kids "thoughtless little pigs" for misbehaving?
    seriously, if that's the worst your parents ever call you, consider yourself lucky. children are fucking infuriating sometimes, even more so when there's a nasty divorce and custody battle and your ex is a loony psycho bitch (kim basinger) who uses your kid as a pawn. i never uderstood what the big fucking deal was about the little pig comment.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

His daughter was a thoughtless little pig for not calling when she agreed and taking his calls as scheduled.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    seriously, if that's the worst your parents ever call you, consider yourself lucky. children are fucking infuriating sometimes, even more so when there's a nasty divorce and custody battle and your ex is a loony psycho bitch (kim basinger) who uses your kid as a pawn. i never uderstood what the big fucking deal was about the little pig comment.
    Alec, is that you?
    d2791 likes this.

Bronze Member

His daughter was a thoughtless little pig for not calling when she agreed and taking his calls as scheduled.
    She already apologised for not answering the phone fast enough.

No. That's the voice of reason and logic. Listening makes for a happier life.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information