Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree750Likes

Thread: Alec Baldwin fatally shoots cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on movie set

Quote Originally Posted by tulip;[URL="tel:3829000"
    3829000[/URL]]He feels no guilt? Really? I think I'd feel guilt, even if I didn't load the gun. It was his actions that made the gun go off. Not wrapping my head around it. Is he just parsing words here so he doesn't put himself in any more legal problems?
    That is one of the narcissist traits to me, never take responsibility for *anything* if something bad happens & if it was something good *only* they took any action.
    Very specifically answer the question - he didn’t pull the trigger but had cocked the gun etc
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

^ I agree.
    He's a scumbag. I can't imagine most people wouldn't feel guilty for killing someone in that situation.

I'd feel guilty, because a woman died as a result of something I did. Intent or not, she is dead.
    He's trying hardto play down his own involvement while he simultanly wants sympathy for his pain (he's just not a good dramatic actor, I don't really buy his tears).
    I guess his lawyers and his PR people tell him to do his best to limit the damage to his image.
    It's all about him and of course about Hilaria. He could have just kept his mouth shut, but the urge to share is strong in this family.
    DawnM74, Sarzy, Novice and 6 others like this.

I was surprised that his lawyer “let” him do this given the outstanding court case (wrongful death) & police investigation

^^^You are probably right and it's guilt that makes him act like this.

czb

dude should NEVER have given an interview. beyond dumb.

^ Yeah, I don't get what he was trying to accomplish. I didn't watch the interview, but it seems that public sentiment was sympathetic to him prior to this. Then he (and Hillary) have to open their fat mouths and act like they're the victims here.
    czb, DawnM74, HWBL and 4 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

czb

i didn't watch the interview, either. i'm assuming he needs LOVE from the public and he thought it was obvious he isn't guilty so everyone would feel sympathy.

i felt bad for him before. imagine shooting someone accidentally AND being saddled with hilaria. now i have little sympatyh.
    DawnM74, Kittylady, Novice and 2 others like this.

Turns out he may have more in common with Trump than he'd like to admit. Narcissist.

Trump junior is selling t-shirts with this text, probably the smartest thing this asshat has done in his life.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I was surprised that his lawyer “let” him do this given the outstanding court case (wrongful death) & police investigation
    His lawyer probably did advise him not to, but if he's a nark then he'd do it anyway. I guess the best his lawyer could do was make careful suggestions about what not to say.
    Novice, lindsaywhit and tulip like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Mother of God. Never in my life have I witnessed a couple more deserving of the partner they're stuck with.

I'd be hard-pressed to decide which one is worse, EEEE-laria (how you say?) or Alec.
    Daphodil, Sarzy, Trixie and 4 others like this.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

[QUOTE]During the interview, Baldwin was played a clip of George Clooney speaking about handling guns on set, in which he said: "Every single time I'm handed a gun on a set, every time, they hand me a gun, I look at it, I open it, I show it to the person I'm pointing it to, we show it to the crew. Every single take. You hand it back to the armourer when you're done, you do it again. Everyone does it. Everybody knows it."
    Baldwin responded: "Well, there were a lot of people who felt it necessary to contribute some comment to the situation, which really didn't help the situation - at all. But you... if your protocols, you check the gun every time, well good for you. Good for you. You know, I probably handled weapons as much as any other actor in films... and in that time, I had a protocol and it never let me down."
    The star said he was taught when he was younger that crew members "don't want the actor to be the last line of defence against a catastrophic breach of safety with the gun".
    He said that "when that person who was charged with that job, handed me the weapon, I trusted them... In the 40 years I've been in this business all the way up until that day, I've never had a problem."/
    QUOTE]

Stupid, narcissistic, and infuriating. All I could think about was poor Halyna Hutchin's husband and child having to hear or hear about this self-serving, 'not my fault' blather - oh! Not only did he not pull the trigger - she told him where to point the gun. So, it was her own fault? He doesn't say that, of course, but it's an ugly, disturbing visual.

As far as his policy of "trusting the person charged with that job" - that is not a protocol, Alec - that's a lazy lack of responsibility and attention to detail that 39 years out of 40 won't cause any problems.

Protocols, on the other hand, would require you, Alec, the actor, to check that the chamber of the gun you are holding is empty. That means that you would have wasted a minute or so for 39 years checking empty chambers. It also means that come year 40, Halyna Hutchins would be planning Christmas with her family.
    OrangeSlice, Sarzy, Novice and 6 others like this.

Baldwin needs to STFU, retire from public life, and go live out in his mansions with his “Spanish” wife and half dozen kids and enjoy his money.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I know this is from CDAN, so most likely BS.
    But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she did say this. She's crazy

Blind Item #7

Want to hear something crazy? The wife of this A list actor now is saying the person who died, committed suicide.
    Kittylady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy;[URL="tel:3829112"
    3829112[/URL]]I know this is from CDAN, so most likely BS.
    But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she did say this. She's crazy

Blind Item #7

Want to hear something crazy? The wife of this A list actor now is saying the person who died, committed suicide.
    With those two anything that stops them being responsible is possible in my mind.

[QUOTE=lindsaywhit;[URL="tel:3829107"]3829107[/URL]]
    During the interview, Baldwin was played a clip of George Clooney speaking about handling guns on set, in which he said: "Every single time I'm handed a gun on a set, every time, they hand me a gun, I look at it, I open it, I show it to the person I'm pointing it to, we show it to the crew. Every single take. You hand it back to the armourer when you're done, you do it again. Everyone does it. Everybody knows it."
    Baldwin responded: "Well, there were a lot of people who felt it necessary to contribute some comment to the situation, which really didn't help the situation - at all. But you... if your protocols, you check the gun every time, well good for you. Good for you. You know, I probably handled weapons as much as any other actor in films... and in that time, I had a protocol and it never let me down."
    The star said he was taught when he was younger that crew members "don't want the actor to be the last line of defence against a catastrophic breach of safety with the gun".
    He said that "when that person who was charged with that job, handed me the weapon, I trusted them... In the 40 years I've been in this business all the way up until that day, I've never had a problem."/
    QUOTE]

Stupid, narcissistic, and infuriating. All I could think about was poor Halyna Hutchin's husband and child having to hear or hear about this self-serving, 'not my fault' blather - oh! Not only did he not pull the trigger - she told him where to point the gun. So, it was her own fault? He doesn't say that, of course, but it's an ugly, disturbing visual.

As far as his policy of "trusting the person charged with that job" - that is not a protocol, Alec - that's a lazy lack of responsibility and attention to detail that 39 years out of 40 won't cause any problems.

Protocols, on the other hand, would require you, Alec, the actor, to check that the chamber of the gun you are holding is empty. That means that you would have wasted a minute or so for 39 years checking empty chambers. It also means that come year 40, Halyna Hutchins would be planning Christmas with her family.
    I can’t remember if it was a sherif quote that I read but the armourer was having difficulty loading the last round in the gun (I don’t understand why) and didn’t put that last load in then locked the gun in something (a trunk? A truck?).
    I don’t know who loaded the last bullet. (Prop master?)
    Also there have been multiple reports that the actors were having shooting lessons with real amo- not by the armourer (prop master?)

There is a new lead about the supply of the prop bullets coming from 3 different suppliers & one of them building their own bullets.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information