Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Like Tree750Likes

Thread: Alec Baldwin fatally shoots cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on movie set

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i think that's what the armorer chick, or her people, are claiming?
    Yeah, they are. I get that everybody is in CYA mode, and for a lot of reasons it's understandable, but it still can twist up the narrative and even the interpretation of the facts - which is of course, why they are doing it. It just gets so exhausting and depressing having to weed through everybody's agenda and "truth" - not just on this case, but politics, religion, all of life really.

I was just thinking, though, how odd it is that Alec was handed the gun with the statement that it was "cold." Again, if that's your job, wouldn't you at least check? This whole thing isn't just tragic, it's bizarre. There is something, again beyond the tragedy of Halyna Hutchins death, that is so off about this. Was everybody drunk? Drugged? It simply doesn't make sense to me - as if there's a possibly small but vital piece of the puzzle missing.

I think it was complacency on all of their parts. And several to a criminally negligent extent. They all allowed themselves to get too comfortable around a deadly weapon.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

i think it's like those cases where someone is dying and there are tons of people around and then it turns out no one called an ambulance because it turns out everyone thought someone else had already called. except in this case, everyone assumed the person before them in the chain of custody had done their due diligence, up until the actor who was at the end of that chain and is supposed to shoot.

i also think there's a lot we're not being told because it's an active investigation and everyone is trying to cover their ass. but yeah, how did a live round even come to be on set when there was absolutely no need for live rounds at all and the assumption is they'd only be using blanks?
    Novice, crayzeehappee and DawnM74 like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Didn't they say that they were also using the guns for target practice between scenes? If that's true, that is criminally irresponsible and anyone who was in a supervisory capacity who knew about it should be liable.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Now if we can just get E-lar-ee-ah to do the same with her Insta.
    That bitch needs Instagram like Tinkerbell needs applause.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja;[URL="tel:3829371"
    3829371[/URL]]Didn't they say that they were also using the guns for target practice between scenes? If that's true, that is criminally irresponsible and anyone who was in a supervisory capacity who knew about it should be liable.
    Yes.

Also it wasn’t the armourer (who was also acting as deputy prop person) who handed Baldwin the gun but an assistant director or something? Someone who had nothing to do with the props
    DawnM74 and MohandasKGanja like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Posted to HB IG

"I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

It's funny how NONE of her kids look like her; it's as if she had absolutely no part in the making of those babies.

And, for some reason when I looked at Alec in that picture, I thought, "Remember when Alec was hot?"

holly and SHELLEE like this.

Alec was hot once upon a time. Doesn't seem to have filtered down. But I guess time will tell.

Ireland Baldwin is a prime example of two exceptionally hot people producing a mediocre-fug offspring.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    It's funny how NONE of her kids look like her; it's as if she had absolutely no part in the making of those babies.

And, for some reason when I looked at Alec in that picture, I thought, "Remember when Alec was hot?"

I never thought he was hot, but he certainly was the best looking of all the Baldwin spawn. First thing I ever saw him in was a TV miniseries called Dress Grey with Lloyd Bridges, Hal Holbrook, Eddie Albert and Patrick Cassidy about a murder of a cadet at a Military Academy.

When a first-classman's insignia is found on the riverbank near the drowned body of plebe David Hand, the specter of murder casts a shadow of scandal across the U.S. Grant Military Academy. General Hedges, the headmaster of the school, is determined to keep the beleaguered school out of the headlines and attempts to cover-up the likelihood of murder by wielding his considerable influence to pass it off as a simple drowning. This is done in spite of forensic reports that show that, shortly before his death, David Hand participated in "consensual sexual relations" with another man. Letters from the dead boy, which the Army Intelligence Department "confiscates" from his sister's New York apartment, implicate Ry Slaight as the first-classman with whom David was in love. As General Hedges says, "You cannot have a murder without a murderer." He offers Slaight the opportunity to "go quietly" which means he would be washed out into the infantry and quickly bound for Vietnam. Professing his innocence in the matter, Slaight refuses the invitation at which point General Hedges threatens to court-martial him on a point of "honor." Enlisting the aid of Elizabeth Hand, the dead boy's sister, Slaight sets out to find the first-classman with whom her brother was involved -- the first- classman who killed her brother.
    He played Ry Slaight and Cassidy played David Hand.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I thought he was handsome and well cast in The Hunt for Red October unlike Sean Connery's wig.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I never thought he was hot, but he certainly was the best looking of all the Baldwin spawn. First thing I ever saw him in was a TV miniseries called Dress Grey with Lloyd Bridges, Hal Holbrook, Eddie Albert and Patrick Cassidy about a murder of a cadet at a Military Academy.
    The first time I'd heard of him was some article where Lisa Hartman Black was talking about him being added to the cast of "Knot's Landing" (1985). She said he was so good looking that she crashed her car into someone else while watching him out of her rearview mirror.

Because I never actually watched that show, the first time I really saw him in anything was two very different roles in 1988 - "Beetlejuice" and "She's Having a Baby". In Beetlejuice, he was an unremarkable Caspar Milquetoast type of character. But in "She's Having a Baby, he was the wild, alpha-male friend who was an existential threat to Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth McGovern's marriage.

Last edited by MohandasKGanja; December 13th, 2021 at 12:15 AM. Reason: thread/threat

Yep, I first remember when he was the new hot thing on Knot's Landing (not that I watched it) and he transitioned well into some pretty good movie roles with some hot-at-the-time co-stars--Working Girl (Melanie Griffith) Married to the Mob (Michelle Pfeiffer) Beetlejuice (Geena Davis) Prelude to a Kiss (Meg Ryan) The Getaway (Kim Basinger) Not bad for a guy who started out in the soaps. After he was married to Basinger, all I remember are his run-ins with the paps etc and his reputation as a grade-A asshole.

eta: he does look pretty damn good in that pic with Kevin Bacon
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post

I used to be so in love with him. He truly was good looking. I fell for him in the movie Malice where he plays an arrogant doctor.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I used to be so in love with him. He truly was good looking. I fell for him in the movie Malice where he plays an arrogant doctor.

weathered1 and SHELLEE like this.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread Information