Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse

Hugs to you, hustle.
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I hate hearing stories of abuse. I especially hate hearing it from people that I've grown to know and care about in real life and here on GR. I'm sorry hustle and nevan. No child should ever fear their parents. My child is almost 4 and I can't imagine her doing anything that would warrant such a beating. I have never raised my hand to my child. My SO and I made a decision not to do that long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    I'm just so disgusted by this damn story. I also saw the photos of the child's welts and marks on the his body, which really broke my heart. And according to AP's texts, he hit the child in the scrotum too, wtf?! To me, corporal punishment should be a LAST resort, and do as much as you can to avoid it! However, this was an outright beat down, I don't care what anyone says. I've never understood parents who seem to take pride in beating a defenseless child at all. Too many people pass this pathology down one generation after another and take their anger and frustrations in life out on their children.

I was spanked as a child by my father with a belt. I would have to strip naked and he would strike me with a belt. I've even been whipped with an extension cord too. As I got older, he would hit me with his fists. To this day, I have a lot of anger and resentment issues towards my father and we rarely communicate. He was also a verbally abusive asshole and he still tries to turn every conversation we have into a power battle for control and to prove his manhood. He was severely beaten and abused by his father and he and his siblings like to sit around and laugh about it while the rest of us look in horror. One day he had the nerve to turn to me and say "see, you didn't really have it that bad compared to us, did you?" And I told him about how emotionally abusive he was and how he constantly made me feel like shit as I grew up. He acted as if what I was saying was such a surprise, gtfoh...

I know a lot of old-school people tend to think they turned out okay in spite of getting those types of beatings, but in my family, I can see how they can inflict damage on someone well into adulthood and the strained relationships they have with their kids. Several of my cousins have little or nothing to do with their parents/my dad's siblings. I had to learn that tantrums and reacting angrily all the time will get you nowhere in life.

I get a lot of shit from some friends of mine who wonder why I don't really visit my parents all that often anymore, but some of the memories are just too painful and I can barely stand to be in a room more than 30 minutes with my father to this day. My mother lives in her world of denial and delusions, so I learned long ago that she isn't the person to talk to about these issues. My brother has his issues with them and harbors a lot of anger and resentment towards them as well.

Nevan, my heart breaks for you and your story. People have no idea how this type of punishment can deeply affect people.
    I'm so sorry. The last few days I've been in the process of cutting both my parents out of my life for the exact reasons you mentioned. It's like reading my own story. It sounds like we think the same, and we should be proud that we see that those behaviours don't work and cause more damage than good. My kids will never be treated like that, so far so good. They're good kids, and I didn't need to beat them into submission, there are far more affective means.
    hustle4alivin and badgers! like this.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

These stories are so sad. After working in an elementary school for over 30 I have heard and seen a lot. I am a child of the fifties. I'm 64, and I can honestly say I don't remember EVER being spanked. Beatings and spankings didn't always happen back then. That this child was four years old breaks my heart even more. When you become a grandmother you get so mushy.
    Brookie and hustle4alivin like this.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

I'm just so disgusted by this damn story. I also saw the photos of the child's welts and marks on the his body, which really broke my heart. And according to AP's texts, he hit the child in the scrotum too, wtf?! To me, corporal punishment should be a LAST resort, and do as much as you can to avoid it! However, this was an outright beat down, I don't care what anyone says. I've never understood parents who seem to take pride in beating a defenseless child at all. Too many people pass this pathology down one generation after another and take their anger and frustrations in life out on their children.

I was spanked as a child by my father with a belt. I would have to strip naked and he would strike me with a belt. I've even been whipped with an extension cord too. As I got older, he would hit me with his fists. To this day, I have a lot of anger and resentment issues towards my father and we rarely communicate. He was also a verbally abusive asshole and he still tries to turn every conversation we have into a power battle for control and to prove his manhood. He was severely beaten and abused by his father and he and his siblings like to sit around and laugh about it while the rest of us look in horror. One day he had the nerve to turn to me and say "see, you didn't really have it that bad compared to us, did you?" And I told him about how emotionally abusive he was and how he constantly made me feel like shit as I grew up. He acted as if what I was saying was such a surprise, gtfoh...

I know a lot of old-school people tend to think they turned out okay in spite of getting those types of beatings, but in my family, I can see how they can inflict damage on someone well into adulthood and the strained relationships they have with their kids. Several of my cousins have little or nothing to do with their parents/my dad's siblings. I had to learn that tantrums and reacting angrily all the time will get you nowhere in life.

I get a lot of shit from some friends of mine who wonder why I don't really visit my parents all that often anymore, but some of the memories are just too painful and I can barely stand to be in a room more than 30 minutes with my father to this day. My mother lives in her world of denial and delusions, so I learned long ago that she isn't the person to talk to about these issues. My brother has his issues with them and harbors a lot of anger and resentment towards them as well.

Nevan, my heart breaks for you and your story. People have no idea how this type of punishment can deeply affect people.
    My heart goes out to you.

I've cut my father out of my life almost completely. He abused me emotionally for so many years.

I still have issues trusting people.
    Brookie and hustle4alivin like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

You bring up another great point, Hustle. The stripping before the beating. I don't know if it's worse for girls or boys (especially when the father is the one doing the most beating), but I literally was spanked with objects until I was 16. My dad would tell me to go down in my room, take off my pants and underwear and wait for him. How freaking creepy that is thinking back on it. And thinking back on it for you too, Hustle, i don't want to bring up things that you don't want to explain, but I'm sure you know what I mean. It feels almost sexually abusive as well (I had to lay my ass on my father's lap).

Thanks for all the love! It means so much ... you have no idea.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Anyone ever get sent outdoors to cut your own switch?
    Quote Originally Posted by CL** View Post
    Yep. Hearing that was the worst. Most of the time that was enough....just hearing those words got us in line.
    We were never spanked with switches but I understand about how the threat of punishment worked. Ma Kitty used to give us warnings. First warning, second warning and that's it, you've had your chance and are getting a spanking. It never involved stripping (seriously? WTF?) and 49 times out of 50 we never pushed beyond the second warning about our behaviour.

I didn't attend schools that didn't use corporal punishment and it was outlawed in state schools a few years before I left but the Bloke (8 years older than me) was at a school that used the cane and took his licks many times over. Judging by some of the stories I have heard from him and his lifelong best friend it didn't make much of a difference and some of his punishments were seen as badges of honour with the other kids. I still think its a good thing that it has been outlawed though.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Eleven months ago Adrian's 2 year old son was beaten to death by his mother's boyfriend. Now he is shocked that he is being charged for beating his 4 year old?
    What a scum. One of your kids was beaten to death but you still beat the other ones up???

I neverslap my children as it is humiliating and there are better ways to punish but ok some people do and it leaves the kids fine but there is a BIG difference between a slap on the bottom and beating the devil out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post

The Vikings have deactivated Peterson for Sunday's game.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3DDfngrmE

Oh I see, the new rule doesn't apply as it is a child. Yes far worse the wife then the child...

If someone is charged with domestic violence or sexual assault, there will be a mandatory evaluation and, where professionally indicated, counseling or other specialized services. Effective immediately, violations of the Personal Conduct Policy regarding assault, battery, domestic violence or sexual assault that involve physical force will be subject to a suspension without pay of six games for a first offense,

I think the Vikings made a choice to deactivated him on their own while they are gathering information. He hasn't been charged yet. I have a feeling that the Vikings and Goodell will announce something on this today.

At least they deactivated him,...was it Ray McDonald that they allowed to play yesterday on the 49ers? I was glad to see that the Panthers deactivated Greg Hardy at the last minute.

Hit By Ban Bus!

The NFL, well ALL professional sports actually, should really adopt a "Zero Tolerance" policy, on all forms of violence. It will never happen, because pro sports teams are nothing more than giant money-making machines.

While I don't think every player, in every team, in any sport, is criminally violent person, the NFL's response, or lack thereof, makes me wonder how much shit is swept under the rug. These two fools are only at the forefront because they got caught, how many players haven't got caught..yet.
    Kittylady likes this.

JadeStar70 I think the Vikings made a choice to deactivated him on their own while they are gathering information. He hasn't been charged yet. I have a feeling that the Vikings and Goodell will announce something on this today.
    He has been charged, that's what indicted means.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    was it Ray McDonald that they allowed to play yesterday on the 49ers? I was glad to see that the Panthers deactivated Greg Hardy at the last minute.
    Do not follow the NFL so had to google them but basically that is the 4th player with domestic violence issues????

At the time the Vikings deactivated him on Friday afternoon, he hadn't been booked on the charges yet. He turned himself in and was booked early Saturday morning. At least they reacted swiftly,...unlike the 49ers and South Carolina letting Hardy play last week.

I think he will be gone for a season,...and possibly done in the NFL. Is there a difference between an indefinite suspension and lifetime ban? Can't you come back from an indefinite suspension, but not from the lifetime ban?

I've smacked my 4 year old on the rear on occasion, but never nude. I really can't imagine it. And it seems to me that there's some sick pleasure of the spanker exerting pain and control to the victim.

Let alone hitting him with a switch. I am assuming this would be done outside due to space reasons? How would you be able to do this without your heart not breaking?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I was spanked as a kid with a belt, but never nude. That sounds even worse than the beating itself. Was his boy nude, as well?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information