Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    He's fucking 4 years old! How is beating the shit out of a little boy teaching him anything?

It'll teach him to be a violent asshat like daddy! These guys are as dumb as hell.

Perhaps his punishment should be getting whipped by someone bigger with a switch of their choosing.
    Kathie_Moffett and sparkles like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

The kid is FOUR??

I hate it when parents pull the kids pants down to 'whoop' them. Just adds another layer of humiliation/shame.

This shit is not right.
    Honeythorn, chartreuse and kasippu like this.

I bet he gets banned. Wonder if they will have a #28 jersey exchange? So disappointed in him.

I agree with a smack or pop to the butt, but leaving cuts....Jesus. Very cruel and barbaric.
    Kittylady likes this.

I know a lot of people say they grew up being spanked and turned out ok, but I'll never understand why it's clearly wrong to hit an adult that won't do what you want them to do, but it's acceptable in some circles to do it to a defenseless little kid.
    idunno, Sarzy, Serendipity and 9 others like this.

^Exactly, and teaching the kid that in situations where someone has done the wrong thing to you it's okay to react with violence. When you hit a kid it's discipline but when you hit an adult it's assault.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Anyone ever get sent outdoors to cut your own switch?
    CL**, greysfang, Sylkyn and 2 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Yeah, by my grandmother. I don't even remember her using it, but it sure scared the bejeezus out of us.
    CL** likes this.

Elite Member

Yep. Hearing that was the worst. Most of the time that was enough....just hearing those words got us in line.

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I know a lot of people say they grew up being spanked and turned out ok, but I'll never understand why it's clearly wrong to hit an adult that won't do what you want them to do, but it's acceptable in some circles to do it to a defenseless little kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    ^Exactly, and teaching the kid that in situations where someone has done the wrong thing to you it's okay to react with violence. When you hit a kid it's discipline but when you hit an adult it's assault.
    I grew up getting the switch. Hell, we got paddled at school. We also got smacked on the hand or shoulders with wooden rulers and pointers. Freaking nuns man. I was born mid-70s and most of my age range peers got spanked, got the switch, etc. It was more acceptable then. But what this guy did wasn't a spanking...it was abuse. I'm not violent. I don't hit people. None of my friends who grew up with that type of discipline are violent. I can't tell you why that is. But maybe it does have to do with the context, the discipline versus abuse aspect. The frequency, intensity and all that. This guy sounds like a rager. That wasn't my experience with getting the switch.
    Last edited by CL**; September 12th, 2014 at 09:24 PM.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

NFL's not going to have enough players for the games if this keeps up.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I'm sure the child deeply regrets the role he played in the incident.
    sputnik, sluce, Beeyotch and 5 others like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    maybe if people took the time to teach athletes something other than running fast and catching a ball from about age 10, these guys wouldn't grow up to be violent, ignorant asshats with gigantic egos and no impulse control?
    I get what you are saying Sputnik...

BUT, is human decency able to be taught? I dont think so. Nature vs Nurture will always be a debate.

I was spanked as a child and with a belt. Was I abused, no (in my opinion). There were never marks left.

Today is a different day though. Not only was this child spanked, but it left marks. That, I am not ok with.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I'm not against a simple spanking--but a normal spanking should not leave bruises. That switch shit is antiquated, cruel and vicious.
    Bleeding cut that formed scab, not just bruised. A four year old "whipped" "10 times". Since he "didn't mean to injure him" I guess he stopped after he finally "accidentally" drew blood?

Sorry, just commented based on the news story I saw on TV with a picture, but JFC, just read the article posted upthread and it was 1000x worse than what I thought, which was awful to begin with! What a fucker.
    Kittylady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    I am seeing in the updated report that its due to spanking but NFL needs to sort its act together.
    I'm sure you've since read further, but there is a HUGE difference between spanking (which I still can't tolerate) and hitting with basically a weapon. Even with spanking in my state, if you leave a mark or bruise, you get arrested.

My husband's grandmother used to make them go out to the cherry tree in the front yard and get their switch. I can't even imagine. He laughs about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CL** View Post
    Yep. Hearing that was the worst. Most of the time that was enough....just hearing those words got us in line.

I grew up getting the switch. Hell, we got paddled at school. We also got smacked on the hand or shoulders with wooden rulers and pointers. Freaking nuns man. I was born mid-70s and most of my age range peers got spanked, got the switch, etc. It was more acceptable then. But what this guy did wasn't a spanking...it was abuse. I'm not violent. I don't hit people. None of my friends who grew up with that type of discipline are violent. I can't tell you why that is. But maybe it does have to do with the context, the discipline versus abuse aspect. The frequency, intensity and all that. This guy sounds like a rager. That wasn't my experience with getting the switch.
    Yeah, when you're the victim of abuse, especially at that young of an age, it just shoots right up your spine. I was physically and emotionally abused throughout my entire childhood. So badly that I was taken out of my house by the state (always returned .... our state has a massive, ongoing problem with their child protective services system) FIVE times. I've never been able to shake the loss of my self-esteem and self-worth at such a young age. Especially when your parents are laughing in the room they just beat the shit out of you in front of friends and/or family. My sister and her family stayed here for an extended period of time and they spank (even though my sister was also abused; just no where near the level I was). I'd hear the sound of skin on skin slapping and then the screaming and I swear I'd walk around in a shock like state for a little bit because it just took me so far back. It was difficult to tolerate, but they parent their own way. My parents favored hammers, brush paddles, whatever was laying around. Of course, they used their hands too.

My older sister's (different mother) stepfather was in the military so they moved frequently. She spent a lengthy time in Texas and she told me horror stories of being paddled on the ass with a wooden plank in school. And it was legal. Again, I can't even imagine. How absolutely humiliating. And it was for something stupid, like being in the hallway during class. If something like that happened to my 10yo, he'd be devastated (he's very sensitive).

This poor little 4yo baby. I have memories of abuse from as far back as 2-1/2yo, so he'll most likely remember this. Then of course, he'll read about it online later in his childhood and it will feel like he just got beat again.

Seems like there's an awful lot of anger management issues with these mega sports figures that we put on pedestals. Hope the respective organizations take action. Hope he's banned. It really pissed me off that with the other asshole, it wasn't enough for the NFL to hear that one of their players punched his wife/fiance so hard in the face that she was knocked unconscious. They had to see the visual for it to really sink in.
    Brookie, Shinola and Kittylady like this.

Eleven months ago Adrian's 2 year old son was beaten to death by his mother's boyfriend. Now he is shocked that he is being charged for beating his 4 year old?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information