Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse

^That is just heart breaking...

I just read that Goodell is holding a press conference at 3 pm./eastern time.

Hopefully to step down.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

fgg

Before Jameis Winston, Peyton Manning Had His Own Sexual Misconduct Issue

What does Jameis Winston have in common with college-aged Peyton Manning? Other than being among the best quarterbacks of their time, they've both found themselves in hot water thanks to allegations of sexual misconduct.

Jameis Winston catches a lot of heat for his immaturity, and deservedly so. Even after the controversial rape allegation that cast a cloud over his Heisman-winning season, the Florida State quarterback has continued to make headlines for inglorious purposes, whether it's stealing food from a grocery store or yelling graphic sexual slurs in a public setting.

He's certainly no golden child. Then again, neither was Manning.

Today he's one of the most popular figures in the NFL, and well-known for his sportsmanship and for being an all-around good guy. But according to a new column by Jason McIntyre of TheBigLead, Manning should be counting his blessings that he didn't grow up in the social media era. As the article points out, Manning had a sexual misconduct suit against him that is virtually unknown to the public at large.

In the suit, Manning was accused by a then-University of Tennessee female trainer of dropping his pants during an injury examination, and placing his buttocks and private parts on her face.

That sounds bad on its own, but it gets worse: Another student-athlete observed the incident and, several years later, wrote Manning a letter, urging him to admit what he had done.

The trainer immediately brought her complaint to the university, and she won a settlement from the school before leaving her position.

But the incident resurfaced several years later, when Manning wrote his perspective in his autobiography. He described the trainer as having a "vulgar mouth." The trainer, who was then the program director at Florida Southern College, was demoted and apparently lost her job due to the vulgar accusation.

Manning had settled with her out of court over the incident, but he had to re-settle with her once again after discussing the incident on ESPN , which violated the terms of the agreement.

All in all, it's a story that tarnishes the image Manning has cultivated over a long, successful career, and an incident that he no doubt regrets. If this had become a major national news story while Manning was still in college, it's one that could have altered the course of his career.

TheBigLead argues that Winston and other athletes face extreme scrutiny for their actions -- not unwarranted, particularly in Winston's case, but extreme nonetheless. Social media has become a fishbowl in which famous individuals are routinely poked and prodded, and if Manning was of a different generation, we might all have a different opinion on the man.

Given the deeply negative public opinion focused toward the NFL this week, maybe it's the worst possible time for Manning to have this story resurface.

Then again, with all the other noise in the league, maybe it's the best week.

Before Jameis Winston, Peyton Manning Had His Own Sexual Misconduct Issue | ThePostGame
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

If that article said Manning placed his genitals in a dude's face, I might have believed it.
    MsDark and greysfang like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    If that article said Manning placed his genitals in a dude's face, I might have believed it.
    levitt likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Hit By Ban Bus!

Sounds like Levitt fanfic to me.

I kid, I kid.
    MsDark, gas_chick, levitt and 1 others like this.

What year was this and how old was Levitt???

Maybe he says Omaha because he is really thinking,..Oh, my nuts!

Nothing much was said in the press conference. They are creating a committee to have more education, training and help resources for Domestic Violence/Sex Crimes/Assault/Child Abuse. And NO,...he won't be stepping down. What the fuck ever....

Hit By Ban Bus!

Peyton is my age, sooo...math time.

This would have been 1994-1998 methinks (we were 18-22yo then).

I knew about the teabagging. I don't like how Peyton describes the incident in his book because it smacks utterly of victim blaming - "she had a vulgar mouth", so it was acceptable to make it even more vulgar and fill it with your ballsack? No, Peyton. But I'm hoping that he's grown from that stupid incident and he SEEMINGLY has.

Yes, that's right, I just scalded my future husband, but he deserves it. Just because you can throw a ball accurately (or catch it, or defend it, or whatever else) doesn't mean you can do as you please and utterly reject any moral compass.
    greysfang, gas_chick and Kittylady like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Why would Goodell step down? He makes 44mil a year by doing nothing. Good gig, if you can get it.
    greysfang likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Well...something off his bucket list. Teabagging - Check!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    But he's seriously disabled. Brain damaged, can't walk. Poor kid.
    there was a Sports Illustrated article about him. I can't find online but found another that talks about Chancellor and his grandmother.

Rae Carruth’s son and an incredible story of forgiveness

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 14, 2012, 4:23 PM EDT

At age 12, Chancellor Lee Adams can barely speak, is mostly confined to a wheelchair and can’t feed himself. He’ll always be severely disabled because before he was born his father, then-Panthers receiver Rae Carruth, hired two people to murder the unborn Chancellor and his mother, Cherica Adams, so that Carruth wouldn’t have to pay child support.

It’s a horrifying story, except that as the story is told in this week’s*Sports Illustrated, it’s actually a touching story about the loving way Chancellor has been raised by his grandmother, and the forgiveness that Chancellor’s grandmother has shown toward Carruth, who is in prison for conspiracy to commit murder and is expected to be released in about six years.

The full*Sports Illustrated*story isn’t online, but its author, Thomas Lake,*writes in a piece at SI.comthat Chancellor, despite his severe disabilities, is an astonishingly happy boy who has been well cared for by his grandmother, Saundra Adams.

“He is the happiest person I’ve ever met,” Lake writes. “There’s a light inside him that I’ve never seen anywhere else. I’ve talked to several other people about his effect on me, and they say it happened to them too. Wherever he goes — to church, to physical therapy, to the Special Olympics — he makes people feel better by his mere presence. When he looks into your eyes and says hello, the whole thing feels almost spiritual. And then, of course, you have to ask yourself: If a kid like this can be so happy, what right do I have to complain?”

Saundra thought her days of raising babies were over, and she certainly never thought she’d be feeding and changing a severely disabled boy for years, but instead of seeing Chancellor as a burden, she has seen him as a blessing. Instead of being angry that Carruth murdered her daughter in an attempt to ensure Chancellor would never be born, she says she is genuinely grateful for Carruth, because without Carruth there would be no Chancellor.

“I’m not gonna have anything negative to say about him,” Saundra says of Carruth. “I thank him for my grandson. I*thank*him for my grandson. . . . Like I say, you can focus on what you’ve lost or what you have left. So I didn’t lose. I have my grandson. I have my daughter with me in my heart, always.”

Chancellor’s grandma doesn’t want to burden him with hatred of his father, so she avoids explaining to him exactly what caused his disabilities, and why he has never had a mother.

“Well, he knows that Mommy was killed, and that Daddy did, you know, Daddy did a baaad thing. And he’s in jail right now paying for the bad thing that he did. And we just say that he, you know, he made a mistake,” Saundra says.

Despite Saundra’s forgiveness, it’s hard to read the story and not conclude that Carruth is a despicable human being. In fact, before he arranged for the killing of Cherica Adams, Carruth had another son he was refusing to support, and the*Sports Illustrated*story reveals that when the mother of that son came to Carruth with an offer to cut the support he had been ordered to pay in half if he would agree to do things like call their son on his birthday, Carruth replied that she shouldn’t be surprised if she got into a fatal car accident.

For Chancellor to be born to a father like Rae Carruth, with a mother who died shortly after his birth, and with disabilities that would make it impossible to live a normal life, and for Chancellor to still be described by the writer who chronicled his life as “the happiest person I’ve ever met,” is truly remarkable. It’s amazing that Thomas Lake set out to tell the story of the Rae Carruth case and found a story with a happy ending.

Rae Carruth’s son and an incredible story of forgiveness | ProFootballTalk

She's a far better person than I am.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Completely fucked up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/05/sp...case.html?_r=0

Adrian Peterson Agrees to Plea Deal in Child-Abuse Case

Adrian Peterson appeared in court with his wife Tuesday. His plea ended a case that stemmed from his being accused of disciplining his 4-year-old son with a switch. Credit Pat Sullivan/Associated Press

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson agreed to a plea bargain Tuesday, reducing his felony child-abuse charges to a single charge of reckless assault, a misdemeanor that comes with a $4,000 fine and an order to perform community service.

Peterson, 29, appeared in court in Conroe, Tex., and pleaded no contest to the reduced charge in front of Judge Kelly W. Case, who accepted the plea. Peterson was accompanied by his lawyer, Rusty Hardin, and the hearing was finished in a matter of minutes.

The plea ended a case that stemmed from Peterson’s being accused of disciplining his 4-year-old son with a switch in May at his home in Spring, Tex. He was initially charged with one count of reckless or negligent injury to a child, a felony. The reckless-assault charge made no mention of a child’s involvement.

The trial on the initial charge had been set for Dec. 1, and few expected any result that would allow Peterson to return to the Vikings this season. Now the N.F.L. must decide if it plans on further punishment than the eight games Peterson has missed, albeit with pay, while he remained on the commissioner’s exempt list.

The Vikings initially were going to allow Peterson to play after he was indicted on Sept. 11, but they reversed course after a loud public backlash.

The team, which has a bye this week, has not yet commented on Peterson’s status or whether he will return this season.

I pulled the following out of the context of the entire article it was in; a link to the article itself follows:

Texas law says the use of non-deadly force against someone younger than 18 is justified if a parent or guardian "reasonably believes the force is necessary to discipline the child or to safeguard or promote his welfare."
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...rge-avoid-jail

Are you kidding me? So, as long as I don't kill my minor child, I can assault and batter them to my heart's content, and this is called reasonable? This is safeguarding them?

I don't know what to say. Just....fucking unreal. Barbaric. Ignorant. Shitballs.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

That is standard. Most cases of assault are reduced to lesser charges, even when a child is the victim.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thread Information