Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse

But he is a fine Christian and keeps tweeting bible verses.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    We need a new thread for NFL Deactivated Players and their Crimes.

Yes, my head is spinning. I keep on googling names and getting them probably wrong,
    I think I saw the 'alleged' murderer say he is better then the wife-beater during an interview?

I can't go to TMZ now as I am too scared to see the pictures of the beaten kid.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Comment from Adrian's mother. Maybe someone needs to beat her and tell her they just wanted to her to feel the love. What a cunt.

Friends, family recall whippings to Adrian Peterson of Minnesota Vikings - ESPN

Peterson's mother, Bonita Jackson, did speak to the Houston Chronicle, saying he has six kids and "wants to be a good father to them all."

"I don't care what anybody says," Jackson, 50, said in an interview with the Chronicle from here home in the Houston suburb of Spring, where Peterson also has a house. "Most of us disciplined our kids a little more than we meant sometimes. But we were only trying to prepare them for the real world."

Jackson said that while she's still in contact with the mother of the boy Peterson is charged with abusing, neither she nor Peterson can have any contact with the boy.

"When you whip those you love, it's not about abuse, but love," Jackson said. "You want to make them understand that they did wrong."
    disgusting. why can't people just admit that this shit is WRONG?!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Jameis Winston will sit out the FIRST HALF of his game on Saturday as punishment for his potty mouth. God forbid colleges and professional football teams dole out some just punishment that actually fits the crimes of their players.

Driving home from work today, the radio host (I listen to sports radio) read a list of about 10 unaddressed/unpunished domestic violence incidents from around the NFL since Goodell has been the Commissioner. Absolutely shameful - NOTHING had been done to these players at all. Don't rock the boat, don't call attention to the roidrage incidents that might mar the league's image. I was horrified. Goodell has got to go.
    Fire that motherfucker!
    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    But he is a fine Christian and keeps tweeting bible verses.
    well, sure he does... you know "spare the rod and spoil the child" is his motto.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Yes, my head is spinning. I keep on googling names and getting them probably wrong,
    I think I saw the 'alleged' murderer say he is better then the wife-beater during an interview?

I can't go to TMZ now as I am too scared to see the pictures of the beaten kid.
    we need someone in charge of creating a thread on this shit. sad but true.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

The new guy, Jonathan Dwyer of the Cardinals, hit his wife and threw a shoe at their 18 month old baby. She didn't report it right away, because he threatened suicide.

I am STILL wondering WHY in the fuck is Ray McDonald of the 49ers still playing and has NOT been deactivated???? Where is the public outcry and sponsor pressure?? Get his ass out of there, too. Why is he being overlooked and allowed to play?

I think the sickest thing about Adrian's case was his Dad ignoring what teachers and doctors told him about AP having ADHD. He said it ain't nothing a belt can't cure. How fucking pathetic and sad is that? Asshole!! Oh, and for anyone in Texas,...is it common for high school football coaches to beat their players after a bad game or practice?? This blew my mind!! This went on around the the year 2000. How is that even fucking possible?!?!?

I'm in Texas but I'm not into the high school football scene. I've never heard of that being an acceptable practice though.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    The new guy, Jonathan Dwyer of the Cardinals, hit his wife and threw a shoe at their 18 month old baby. She didn't report it right away, because he threatened suicide.
    I would have offered him a rope.

I am STILL wondering WHY in the fuck is Ray McDonald of the 49ers still playing and has NOT been deactivated???? Where is the public outcry and sponsor pressure?? Get his ass out of there, too. Why is he being overlooked and allowed to play?
    Is he the murderer? Who did he kill?

Ray McDonald was arrested August 31st on charges stemming from a domestic disturbance at his house after, of all things, a party for his 30th birthday. Since his arrest he has proclaimed his innocence, posted bail and is now awaiting trial. In the meantime, the 49ers have taken no actions against their defensive tackle, allowing him to play in both of the 49ers games this season. The decision to let McDonald play has caused the organization and coaches to receive a lot of criticism with everyone from former San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom to current NFL commissioner Roger Goodell (of all people), showing their disapproval in one way or another. However, all of those on the side of Newsom who think that McDonald should not be allowed to play are dead wrong, and attacking the issue from the wrong side.
    The biggest reason that so many people are calling for the 49ers to “do the right thing,” is due to the recent onslaught of bad press that has flooded the news waves surrounding the NFL in recent weeks. The center of this storm, is of course Ray Rice, who has casted such a bright light on not only the issue of domestic violence, but how the NFL handles it, that now it has become a nationwide issue. While there is no denying that the NFL dropped the ball in the Rice situation, the reality is that the league has never gotten involved in these matters in the past, unless there is a conviction, or some damning evidence. To bring it up now only points to a lack of recognition in the past, that falls on the shoulders of society and not the 49ers.
    For years the NFL and its teams have left domestic issues out of sight and out of mind. The only thing that changed is there is a video showing everyone how ugly domestic violence can be. While it’s a valid question as to how the NFL could ignore such a serious issue, the better question is why it took a video for people to grasp the vulgarity of domestic violence?
    So now that members of the press and some in society finally have opened their eyes it’s on the 49ers to lead society in a new direction? It’s unfair to point to the Ravens parting ways with Rice or even the situation in Carolina and Greg Hardy to draw an accurate or fair parallel to Ray McDonald. To say that if those teams can go above the norm to send a message, why can’t the 49ers is a stretch. McDonald’s actions and the proof against him, unlike Rice and to an extent Hardy, do not warrant any suspension or firing, at least not yet.
    What’s the difference between Ray Rice and Ray McDonald? The former Ravens running back admitted to both Roger Goodell and the Baltimore organization that he punched his then fiancιe, and now wife, in the face. Keep in mind that at this time everyone had seen the video of Rice pulling her unconscious body out of the elevator. That alone puts him in his own category as there is no question as to if he punched a woman. To make matters worse there is the release of the second video that shows Rice starting and finishing the altercation.
    The Panthers and Greg Hardy are in a slightly different position, but they too would actually have a leg to stand on if they left their defensive star on the field. Unlike McDonald, Hardy has already been found guilty for domestic violence, and there is a mountain of evidence stacked against him, but despite all of this, isn’t he entitled to an appeal? For the Panthers to supersede the law and sit their star linebacker in an attempt to show the world that they will not tolerate domestic violence is walking a thin line for two reasons. Isn’t Hardy entitled to an appeal, and while a new verdict does not seem likely, what if Hardy is found not guilty?
    So this brings us to Ray McDonald, his employer the San Francisco 49ers and his supervisor Jim Harbaugh. Since the news broke of McDonald, both the 49ers and Harbaugh have remained steadfast in their position. They went to McDonald, got his side of the story and believe that he did nothing wrong. Some speculate that the 49ers have heard or seen something that leads them to believe that McDonald will be cleared of the charges, but this is not supported, and isn’t really needed. There is nothing in front of the 49ers to prove McDonald wrong, so the decision to support him is an easy one. He is a member of this team, and has been given what anyone in his position is entitled to, at least from those close to him, and that’s the benefit of the doubt.
    San Francisco plans to let due process play out and once they have all the facts in front of them they will make a rather easy decision. If cleared he keeps playing like nothing happened. If found guilty he has not only been convicted of domestic violence, but it will prove that he lied to the team, so to fire him would be easy. While those on their moral high horse find fault in this approach, they fail to see the larger picture, and the message sent if McDonald is not guilty of domestic violence.
    Sitting McDonald to send a message is just wrong. The only acceptable move is what the Ravens did and part ways. But you can’t do that at this stage with McDonald because there is nothing that indicates he will be convicted. If San Francisco did decide to sit him they are doing so in hoping he gets cleared right? So the best scenario is he is cleared, you sat him for no reason and now you have a player who has a right to question the organization that failed to take him for his word. The only thing the 49ers can do is wait to see what the courts decide. What’s funny is that people are quick to criticize athletes who feel that they are above the law. So why in this case do we not allow the law do its job as it would with a normal member of society?
    Those with an issue with the 49ers are misdirecting their criticism. Don’t ask an organization that is in the business of winning football games to crumble under the pressure of society and do what others feel is right. The NFL should take its cues from society and the law, not the other way around.
    While the NFL has a domestic violence issue, so does society. 1 in 4 women experience domestic violence, yet it’s the NFL that needs to examine itself? Perhaps Gavin Newsom and those in his corner can look to the proper people, and not ask the 49ers to do a politician’s job. Why has this only become an issue because famous football players are involved? Did we not care when it was the mothers, wives and sisters of our own? The 49ers could suspend or cut Ray McDonald and a message will be sent to NFL players, but what about the rest of society. Why don’t we start with society and just include the NFL in it?
    The only problem anyone should have with the 49ers is if at the end of this, IF McDonald is found guilty; San Francisco does not cut him. The team has said they have a zero tolerance for it and while they have not come out and said it, have indicated that McDonald is gone if guilty. If they stray from their position to protect their winning ways than yes the argument has become valid that they have put winning a football game over domestic violence. Until that day comes though allow them to be what they are, a football team. Any person who understands the concept of a business knows that the only way to deal with any type of accusation is to get all the facts before moving forward. Some may call the 49ers immoral, others would call them smart.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

He didn't kill anyone. None of the 5 men have killed anyone....yet anyway.

Ray Rice (Ravens) punched knocked out his then fiancee, now wife.
    Adrian Peterson (Vikings) beat his 4 yr old son with tree branch and has been indicted on the charges.
    Greg Hardy (Panthers) assaulted and was convicted or beating his ex-girlfriend and threatening to kill her.
    Ray McDonald (49ers) beat his pregnant girlfriend/fiancee.
    Jonathan Dwyer (Cardinals) beat his girlfriend and threw a shoe at their 18 month old son.

lol We had the same thought, Mel. I just gave the cliffs notes on the guys.

Yeah, I really don't care for the tone of that article I posted. I think ideas/values like the ones in the article ARE what's wrong with society.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I'm in Texas but I'm not into the high school football scene. I've never heard of that being an acceptable practice though.

I wouldn't think so, either Mel. I was shocked to hear the coach admit that and also say he didn't have any complaints from parents. It's like wtf?!?!? I can't even imagine that happening without a shit storm of trouble engulfing a hs coach if he did that. Hell,...ANY damn coach.

the comments from his mother just make me sick.

also, i saw this comment someone posted on another website that i thought summed up perfectly my thoughts on hitting children. i'm paraphrasing but it went something like this: to those of you who were hit by your parents and say you "turned out fine" - it obviously instilled in you the idea that hitting children is ok and i would call that damage.

it keeps the cycle of violence going. i don't know a single person who was never spanked as a child who then went on to spank their own children.
    sluce, Sarzy, faithanne and 2 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post

Is he the murderer? Who did he kill?
    No, that's Ray Lewis. And Ray Carruth.

The real moral of the story is that you should stay away from people named Ray. Fortunately, I learned that from 90210.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    the comments from his mother just make me sick.

also, i saw this comment someone posted on another website that i thought summed up perfectly my thoughts on hitting children. i'm paraphrasing but it went something like this: to those of you who were hit by your parents and say you "turned out fine" - it obviously instilled in you the idea that hitting children is ok and i would call that damage.

it keeps the cycle of violence going. i don't know a single person who was never spanked as a child who then went on to spank their own children.
    That is a good point. My parents never spanked/hit my brother or me. I don't have kids but he does and we're both against it.
    It's pretty horrible how so many people were beaten as kids.

My friend posted this on Facebook:

I thought I was going to rock my fantasy football league when I drafted ray rice, Adrian Peterson and Jonathan Dwyer!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I do. Quite a few people, actually.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Thread Information