Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse

Looks like he's been told to stay away from all team activities. It's breaking news on NBC News, but there's no story yet. I'm guessing the threat of losing Anheuser Busch is what did it.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    My four year old daughter mocks you from time-out. She LIKES being sent to her room. You can take her toys away and she will show no reaction.
    When this happens I donate some of their things to charity.

First that always goes is screen time, start with one night building up to a week, still no avail, I donate some things they like to charity.
    Just Kill Me likes this.

^^ mom? Is that you?

My mother was know to throw our things away on occasion. Once in the middle of a teenage 'I have nothing to wear' tantrum she made me throw out all my pants.
    CornFlakegrl likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Jimmy, his 4 sisters and 3 cousins would not go to sleep one night while aunt Louise was watching them. Well aunt Louise proceeded to make a pot of coffee and made all of them sit up in the living room. Any time one of them would start drifting off, she'd smack them with a wiffle ball bat. I always laughed at that story. New Yorkers......
    My fucking aunts would smear vicks vapo rub on our eyes to force us to take naps. that shit burns if you try to open your eyes or rub it off. fucking evil bitches!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^^ mom? Is that you?

My mother was know to throw our things away on occasion. Once in the middle of a teenage 'I have nothing to wear' tantrum she made me throw out all my pants.
    Now witchycurlgirl Comb your hair and brush your teeth!!

Once a year my kids have to clean their closets and give to charity, they are so fortunate so they need to learn to share and if they show too much attitude then I choose and they know I am not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    My fucking aunts would smear vicks vapo rub on our eyes to force us to take naps. that shit burns if you try to open your eyes or rub it off. fucking evil bitches!
    NO WAY. Seriously? This is sick. That is pure child abuse. How does one even come up with sick shit like that.
    czb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Now witchycurlgirl Comb your hair and brush your teeth!!

Once a year my kids have to clean their closets and give to charity, they are so fortunate so they need to learn to share and if they show too much attitude then I choose and they know I am not kidding.

NO WAY. Seriously? This is sick. That is pure child abuse. How does one even come up with sick shit like that.
    No idea. They just did.

In regards to Peterson, this is what my NFL mobile has to say this morning:
    He has been deactivated and put on the Exempt/Commissioner's Permission List. He is to stay away from all team activities while he takes care of his legal proceedings. The decision to activate Peterson came under heavy criticism - including a call from the governor of Minnesota to suspend Peterson. Peterson has an initial hearing for his charges on October 8. The Montgomery County DA indicated that a trial wasn't likely until 2015. The Viking have CHOSEN to pay Peterson during his "stay on the exempt list". The team does have the option to NOT pay but are not going to take advantage of that.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

That's like that part in Four Rooms. Tim Roth does that same thing to Antonio Banderas' kids while watching them.
    sputnik likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

The Viking have CHOSEN to pay Peterson during his "stay on the exempt list". The team does have the option to NOT pay but are not going to take advantage of that.
    What? So this guy is beating up a kid, gets deactivated from his job and still gets paid. Xmas came early for that guy.
    The vikings could have set an example and donated the pay to abused kids charity or something.

I wish someone would deactivate Ray McDonald that beat his pregnant girlfriend. No talk about him and he has been playing all along. Where is the public outcry there? And wasn't Greg Hardy found guilty in his case? Why wasn't he suspended/fired like Ray Rice? If your going to clean house in the NFL, then FUCKING clean the damn house!!! Don't punish and then punish again due to public outrage and sponsor pressure. The NFL is reacting to the reactions of the initial offenses. Nothing else has changed since any of these players made the original mistakes. Rice will probably win his case with the Players Assoc because of this.

Adrian just needs to get through his legal issues, get counseling and education on anger management and parenting. Take the year and get your personal issues fixed. Not only for yourself, but your children. Football will come. Look at Roethlisberger, Ray Lewis and Michael Vick. They were all given second chances, so why not the guys we are dealing with in these cases???

agreed. I'm waiting for them to fire Goodell and THEN take a hard line with all this bullshit. That's where the housecleaning needs to start. No doubt in my mind he knew about some (ALL) of this shit and helped cover to keep the NFL from losing sponsors. WEll, FUCK that! fire that bitch and move on from there!
    gas_chick and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Yes,..that too, Mel. I forgot to include Goodell, by name!! His head needs to roll, and I am not so sure the next Commissioner needs to have total control of all penalties/suspensions/ect.

The biggest problem I see with the NFL is a failure to put rules in place. Then reacting only due to public pressure and trying to impose the rule retroactively. That leaves them open to law suits.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I agree, Sluce. And the rules/punishments need to be followed and enforced in all cases.

I am really torn and just plain sick about this whole damn thing. I know he did wrong and totally over stepped his boundaries as a parent, hell, as a loving and compassionate human being. He needs to be held accountable for the punishments he receives, and get treatment to change his behaviors for the future. But, I have been, and still am, a fan of the guy. I am a fan of his dedication, hard work, positive attitude and leadership skills, charity work and that damn amazing athletic ability on the field. I never idolize these players, because you just never know how someone totally is behind closed doors. But, I can say I am so sadden and disappointed in him and the choices he has made....I just didn't see this one coming. And as a fan of him and my team,...I would be a liar if I didn't say that I selfishly just want his ass on the field. But, that isn't an option. I wish him luck and hope he can move past this and become an even better man, husband, Father and player.

We will see what goes down at the 11 a.m./central time press conference. The Vikings now need to move past this and just focus on being a unified group and play football.

So many of these athletes come from broken homes with no male figures to look to. And a lot of them are poor and live in bad neighborhoods were violence and chaos is a way of life. When you don't know anything else, it can be hard to live like a "normal" person. I mean, my parents worked, we had two cars, a home and plenty of food and clothes, but that didn't protect me from my parents' tempers - or fists. And even coming from a decent background doesn't always mean dysfunction-free either. I don't know - is there really an answer?
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Mandatory training on how to be a decent person?
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information