Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Adele's Gym Photo Is The Best It's Ever Going To Get

I can't stand her woeful lyrics and wailing... but my opinion might not mean anything on that, since I love Lana Del Rey...

^Its an unpopular opinion around here, but I quite like Lana's music. She has the perfect voice for the kind of songs she sings. The main thing I don't like is how she includes references to a bunch of banal modern shit which are quite jarring and take me out of that smoky nightclub mood (Diet Mountain Dew, "makes me wanna party" etc). Get off my lawn, Lana.
    dallison likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

^Oh, same. The line about wanting to party spoils Young and Beautiful a little bit, to me. Especially since she reverts to the same imagery, of wanting to party, or putting on her red dress. Every album has a red dress in it, or her painting her nails.
    faithanne likes this.

i'd rather listen to lana than adele.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    ^Its an unpopular opinion around here, but I quite like Lana's music.
    It's her face I have the issue with.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    ^Oh, same. The line about wanting to party spoils Young and Beautiful a little bit, to me. Especially since she reverts to the same imagery, of wanting to party, or putting on her red dress. Every album has a red dress in it, or her painting her nails.

Shes always on fire too. I like LDR's music and can't stand Adele so at least we can keep each other company.
    faithanne and Brah like this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Can't stand any of them.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I like the production on Lana's music but that isn't Lizzie, is it? And I think a ventriloquist's dummy would have more stage presence (and look better.)
    SoCalMarie and twitchy2.0 like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'd rather listen to Adele then that other crap.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I like the production on Lana's music but that isn't Lizzie, is it? And I think a ventriloquist's dummy would have more stage presence (and look better.)
    This.
    I'm too distracted by her over-worked face to enjoy her over-produced music and over-filtered music videos to take her seriously. Anyone with a plastic surgeon on all, armed with a diary from their teens and an auto-tuned mic can do what she does.

Though, I did enjoy her cover of "Once Upon A Dream" for Maleficent, and the re-mastered version "Young and Beautiful" for Great Gatsby.

If she ever puts out a song that doesn't include the words: Death, Die, Crazy, Insane, B*llSh*t, F*ck or P*ssy - maybe I'll give her music a second listen.

I have to admit that she/her PR team are marketing geniuses - her songs and videos are perfect for the "one-liner-gif" teen tumblr share generation
    Last edited by SoCalMarie; January 12th, 2016 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Added To The List Of Words... ;)
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post
    I thought it was fitting

I just think it's weird, the general public's reaction to her - they either really love her, or really dislike her.

Isn't there a middle ground?
    I have nothing against her but after a while her songs start to annoy me. Maybe she should write more songs or maybe it's not her fault, it's just the radio stations DJs(?) who decide to obsessively play just one of her songs for months.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post
    This.
    I'm too distracted by her over-worked face to enjoy her over-produced music and over-filtered music videos to take her seriously. Anyone with a plastic surgeon on all, armed with a diary from their teens and an auto-tuned mic can do what she does.

Though, I did enjoy her cover of "Once Upon A Dream" for Maleficent, and the re-mastered version "Young and Beautiful" for Great Gatsby.

If she ever puts out a song that doesn't include the words: Death, Die, Crazy, Insane, B*llSh*t, F*ck or P*ssy - maybe I'll give her music a second listen.

I have to admit that she/her PR team are marketing geniuses - her songs and videos are perfect for the "one-liner-gif" teen tumblr share generation
    I never watch videos so I don't really care how she looks if I like her music. And she doesnt sound like she uses any autotune, or not much. Are we talking about Lana Del Rey?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I never watch videos so I don't really care how she looks if I like her music. And she doesnt sound like she uses any autotune, or not much. Are we talking about Lana Del Rey?
    Yep.
    Different strokes, different folks
    I've heard her raw vocals and wasn't impressed.
    (I'm aware not everyone is on key all the time, but still, they're not anything to be in awe of IMHO, she doesn't have much range).

I think overall, why Lana/her music isn't exactly for me is the fact that you could put anyone in her place, totally change their face, package them up with a neat little flower crown, write a couple "I love you, you hate me, let's be insane together then let's die"-themed songs and people probably wouldn't be able to see or hear the difference.

I just can't relate to people/their music who have changed their entire look/face and sound to get attention/air time.
    Not my cup of tea.
    But, I understand her appeal/niche to others, just like I understand Adele's. Although, I think Adele has more power/talent vocally, which if we were comparing the two women/their appeal in a general sense, would make me lean more in her direction.

I'm indifferent on both of them as a whole but, somewhat weary on Lana's presence because of all the PS fakery.

End point being: Whatever floats people's boats...

This has increased Adele's likability for me a bit.
    I think it's the fact that she sings Spice Girls and raps to Nicki Minaj in the same car ride.

That, and I think it's just the fact that I enjoy listening to two english people converse. Accents are lovely

Mrs P, Nevan, Sarzy and 5 others like this.

^ I still don't like her music but I love that video. Made me warm to her more.
    darksithbunny and SoCalMarie like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information