Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Actor Ricky Schroder helps post bail for Kyle Rittenhouse

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I'm so fucking disgusted by this. The judge and jury have as good as issued hunting licenses to every tooled up right wing nut job. I will be incredibly shocked if we don't see even more shootings of protestors while some inbred Billy-Bob says "It wuz muh right to defend muhself!" and holding out his hand for a reward.
    Exactly. An underage guy with a gun goes to another state to "protect" businesses he was not asked to "protect" kills two people and injures one and he convicted of NOTHING. That makes no sense. He was so out of his depth. Of course he was scared if angry protesters got in his face. Who wouldn't be? But he had absolutely NO business having a weapon and going all vigilante. He had absolutely no clue how to react in that situation. Most people with guns who think they can protect themselves or their family have no training in how to actually do that. They freak out when placed in a volatile situation.

I heard two things about Rittenhouse that struck a chord -- that he was a "chaos tourist" and "he brought a gun to a knife fight."

I said on FB the the State Attorney for Monroe County, that I’m actually friends with, posted Rittenhouse acquitted! I asked him as a prosecutor, what was his stance on a mother driving her underage son over state lines with an assault rifle to protect a car lot that he had no affiliation with was. I haven’t been back to see the racist spewing that I am sure is waiting for me.
    Kittylady and crayzeehappee like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I said on FB the the State Attorney for Monroe County, that I’m actually friends with, posted Rittenhouse acquitted! I asked him as a prosecutor, what was his stance on a mother driving her underage son over state lines with an assault rifle to protect a car lot that he had no affiliation with was. I haven’t been back to see the racist spewing that I am sure is waiting for me.
    He posted that on FB in a positive context then?

Ever since BLM protests started, each of these cases and their horrific verdicts have me sick, stunned and scared. I keep to myself out of personal hermit preference, but this makes me afraid in a way I haven't been before.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    He posted that on FB in a positive context then?

Ever since BLM protests started, each of these cases and their horrific verdicts have me sick, stunned and scared. I keep to myself out of personal hermit preference, but this makes me afraid in a way I haven't been before.
    Yes, and me too.
    Kittylady likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Mr Huber's family said the verdict "sends the unacceptable message that armed civilians can show up in any town, incite violence, and then use the danger they have created to justify shooting people in the street."

Mr Rittenhouse is now in an undisclosed location, a spokesman for his family told CBS.

"In this whole situation there are no winners, there are two people who lost their lives and that's not lost on us at all," they said.

So he shoots & kills two people & makes life changing injuries to a third & once he is acquitted he goes into hiding???? Yep that sounds about right.

"I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

He's not in hiding. He's more likely tucked up somewhere nice and luxurious where the media can't get to him while his 'advisors' wait to see who'll pay what for an exclusive (and sympathetic) interview. As soon as they get the right numbers on the table he'll reappear.
    Trixie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

He has an exclusive with Fox News as he had some deep pockets for his legal team paid for by the republicans
    Kittylady likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Tucker Carlson has been making a documentary on this and is with the punk these past few days. I hate these two fuckers.
    Kittylady and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Probably a very unpopular opinion about this case . But if you strip away all the politicization and only look directly at the trial videos it's a clear case of self defense .
    Ravenna and Jexxifer like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by mella View Post
    Probably a very unpopular opinion about this case . But if you strip away all the politicization and only look directly at the trial videos it's a clear case of self defense .
    That is probably true. Wisconsin has a very broad self-defense law. But I still have a problem with the situation. I can't believe that he has no accountability for murdering two people. You bring a gun to a protest, to "protect" people -- it's a provocative statement. He put himself willingly into that situation and he couldn't handle it and two people are dead. There are no consequences at all for that. It sends such a horrible message. I predict a lot more "self defense" violence in these situations in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by mella View Post
    I'd give you this if there weren't three fatalities. I don't think the facts of an underaged kid (almost an adult, BTW) with an illegal weapon from another state is politicizing the case either - those are just the facts. My bias is based on the fact I live about 20 miles from where it happened. Broad self-defense laws in Wisconsin or not, the way this case was adjudicated sucks donkey balls. IMHO.

To me the most interesting thing about this case has been the huge discrepancy between the portrayal of events in the media (I don't watch Fox news) and the picture that emerged during the trial.

I went into the trial assuming he was guilty as hell because I, too, bought into the narrative of a white supremacist who crossed state lines with an illegal weapon, drove a long way to a city to which he had no ties, and went around trying to provoke protesters so he would have an excuse to shoot people. But as soon as Gaige Grosskreutz admitted on the stand that Kyle did not fire until Gaige's gun was pointed at him, I sat up and took notice and began to look into the details of the trial, as well as watching the video footage, and was was pointed in a different direction.

The weapon was already in Wisconsin; someone over 18 had purchased it for Kyle. The judge dropped the weapons charge, with the prosecutor agreeing it was not illegal for Kyle to carry a long-barreled rifle. He crossed state lines, yes, but he lived only about 20 miles from Kenosha. He had a job in Kenosha. His father, and other relatives lived in Kenosha. There is no evidence that he is a white supremacist (that photo in the bar doesn't cut it). Most importantly, he did not instigate a single one of those confrontations. Everyone he shot was chasing and attacking him. IMO, the jury reached the correct verdict.

Rittenhouse is no hero. I can't stand when people say that. He was a stupid kid who got in over his head and had to shoot his way out of serious trouble. He shouldn't have been there. He was obviously completely out of his depth. Everyone else there managed not to shoot anyone that night. Still, he acted in self-defense.

Nevertheless, the case is yet another illustration of how effed up gun laws and gun culture are in the U.S.
    Trixie and Jexxifer like this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information