Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: Actor Ricky Schroder helps post bail for Kyle Rittenhouse

I'm so disappointed in our country. This is such BS.

He was 17, too young to own that gun legally, crossed state lines with it, took that illegal gun to a protest and killed 2 people, shot another one and tried to shoot others. How the F is he not guilty of something.
    SHELLEE, czb, Patty Rox and 5 others like this.

i would have been surprised if they had convicted him.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yeah unfortunately me too but I’m an optimist.

The prosecution really fucked it up - so much that I wonder if it was intentional.
    He broke so many laws, not just from killing 2 people, that I thought that they would get him on something even if it was 3 weeks probation.

Imagine what the verdict would have been if he was a person of colour.

And the court was not unbiased…

A judge’s ringtone: “God Bless the USA”:

During last Wednesday’s cross-examination, Schroeder’s phone suddenly rang to the ringtone of God Bless the USA. Released in 1984 by Lee Greenwood, the song is popular in conservative circles and often played as Trump’s entrance theme during his rallies.

Bruce Schroeder makes a personal call during Kyle Rittenhouse’s trial. Photograph: Mark Hertzberg/AP

Schroeder’s ringtone prompted many criticisms online, with many arguing that it further reveals his potential bias in the case.

Schroeder was previously accused of establishing a double standard by the prosecution when he ruled prior to the trial that prosecutors could not refer to the men shot by Rittenhouse as “victims” whereas defense attorneys may call them “arsonists” or “looters”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-key-takeaways
    https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/e0340...fit=max&dpr=2&

SHELLEE and crayzeehappee like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

^^I think we all know it would have been guilty.
    Novice and Kittylady like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I think we all know that if a person of color was walking around with a AR-15 during the protest they would have likely been shot by police, there wouldn't have been a trial.

meanwhile julius jones wasn't executed but his death sentence was commuted to life in prison without the possibility of parole even though there are serious doubts about his guilt...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yeah, I'm sure they will rehash the prosecution mistakes ad nauseam. Did they overcharge him? Was the judge a trumper? Was the jury full of trumpers? Did they buy his little crying performance on the stand?

In a lot of trials, so much is withheld from the jury, not sure if that's the case here. But I think about Casey Anthony and how there is NO WAY she wasn't guilty but she walked. They just couldn't convince a jury she was guilty of 1st degree murder.

eta: yep, had to turn off msnbc, I don't want to hear them talk about what the prosecution did wrong all day.
    Last edited by Trixie; November 19th, 2021 at 02:23 PM.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Can't say I'm surprised by the verdict. The little prick got away with it all.

I hate to say I'm not very optimistic regarding the trial of the shit-kickers that killed Ahmaud Arbery. I mean, these fools are claiming self defense. You can't claim self defense if you were the aggressor and the person you were threatening tries to defend themselves.

But rittenhouser just did…
    Froogy likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

sadly, that is true.
    Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I hate to say I'm not very optimistic regarding the trial of the shit-kickers that killed Ahmaud Arbery. I mean, these fools are claiming self defense. You can't claim self defense if you were the aggressor and the person you were threatening tries to defend themselves.
    If you're white, and your victim is a minority, you can.
    Kittylady and crayzeehappee like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I'm so fucking disgusted by this. The judge and jury have as good as issued hunting licenses to every tooled up right wing nut job. I will be incredibly shocked if we don't see even more shootings of protestors while some inbred Billy-Bob says "It wuz muh right to defend muhself!" and holding out his hand for a reward.
    tulip and weathered1 like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I take no pleasure in saying I called this one.

I know exactly how this shit works in this country. And especially in my neck of the woods.
    Kittylady likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure they will rehash the prosecution mistakes ad nauseam. Did they overcharge him? Was the judge a trumper? Was the jury full of trumpers? Did they buy his little crying performance on the stand?

In a lot of trials, so much is withheld from the jury, not sure if that's the case here. But I think about Casey Anthony and how there is NO WAY she wasn't guilty but she walked. They just couldn't convince a jury she was guilty of 1st degree murder.

eta: yep, had to turn off msnbc, I don't want to hear them talk about what the prosecution did wrong all day.
    The jury wasn't allowed to see the video of him fantasizing about shooting shoplifters.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information