Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Actor Paul Newman undergoes life-saving surgery after 'cancer diagnosis'

Get well, Paul. My family loves your products, including the dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    He was married and had a son (who later died of a drug overdose) when he met JoAnne Woodward and fell in love. He loeft the wife, married Woodward and lived happily ever after. I recently saw a documentary where they even did spots on TV, sort of 'welcome to our home, see how happy we are' type thing. I think they, like others, just fell in love. That's why I tend not to get too judgemental when one person leaves someone and immediately forms a strong relationship with anotehr person. It does happen and although it's hard it's doesn't mean they're bad people. Love Paul.
    Me too. Sometimes it's not what you do but how you do it. And he and Joanne have so obviously been a love match from the very start. It occurs to me, it probably helped that she's no trophy babe, glamour doll or femme fatale. In the eyes of the public, it HAD to have been true love.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

^^Well she's not a skanky ho-babe, but she is and was gorgeous. Certainly wouldn't be a question of "what does he see in her?".
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Doc visits for Paul
    Posted Sun. Mar. 16, 2008 12:00am Filed Under Fresh Ink

WE reported that Paul Newman was absent from his Hole in the Wall Gang charity party on Monday night because, according to his rep, "he's been having trouble with his back." Newman has quipped he's being "treated for athlete's foot and hair loss." But sadly, the legendary star's health problems might be more serious. For the past seven months
    he's been seeing an Upper East Side oncologist whose confidentiality we are protecting. "He's been there a lot, he's even worked out in the waiting room, doing squat thrusts. Last time, he was in there he had a long beard," said our spy. "Joanne Woodward is there waiting for him and being very sweet with the assistants."
    Doc visits for Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    ^^Well she's not a skanky ho-babe, but she is and was gorgeous. Certainly wouldn't be a question of "what does he see in her?".
    and as you say, still is! The benefits of good bones, eh? Photos of Joanne Woodward
    Free Charmed.

I wonder if he had prostate cancer that spread to his spine. My sister's FIL went through this and he did not know he had cancer until he woke one morning unable to get out of bed or walk. Turns out it was due to this. The prognosis was not very good at the time. He is a little younger than Paul but he had the surgery and either chemo or radiation and it miraculously disappeared. He's back on the golf course and the story has a happy ending so far. Has been about 6 or more years ago~
    Playful~

I'm glad that your FIL is better. We're fortunate to live in an age where a lot of cancer is not a death sentence.
    Free Charmed.

There are always two sides to a break-up, and I can't judge someone for leaving a spouse for someone else. Maybe they had problems long before he met Joanne, who knows?

In any event, what a hot, talented actor. Cool Hand Luke makes me want to be locked up in the same cell with him ever time I watch. Plus, he sings "Dashboard Jesus". The best song in the world.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Hope he is going to be alright. My prayers go out to him.

Thanks for the update Novice.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

I wonder what the cancer is? I hope he beats it and staves of death for a little longer.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

If anybody wonders what it is that makes him so hot, watch "cool hand Luke" "Hud" or "Cat on a hot tin roof" yummy

Quote Originally Posted by nana51 View Post
    If anybody wonders what it is that makes him so hot, watch "cool hand Luke" "Hud" or "Cat on a hot tin roof" yummy
    Don't forget "The Long Hot Summer"
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by nana51 View Post
    "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" was the one that did it for me. He and Elizabeth Taylor were IT.

I haven't watched it in a while - I may go pop the DVD in . . .
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Puh-leaze don't let's write about him as though his leaving us is imminent. My personal hope is that he either beats it completely or - plan B - slows its progress enough to stay with us for another 20 years. (Sorry Paul, not trying to limit you - make that 40.) Go, Paul!
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Love Paul Newman. What a man. They just don't make 'em like him anymore.
    I couldn't agree more. My Mum is going to be upset about this. She says Paul Newman is the most handsome Hollywood actor there ever was.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information