Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Actor Michael Jace Detained by LAPD After Wife's Shooting Death

Those poor children. They will never get over this. My heart is breaking for them.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    not to be a total wiseass but that's not a mansion, despite the Mail calling it so.
    Really. I wonder how much of that 400 grand was loans against the property to pay off...whatever stupid bullshit was actually going on--gambling, drugs, blah blah blah. Probably being trigger-happy wasn't this jerk's only issue. Those poor kids.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

The 51-year-old is suspected of shooting dead his wife April, 40, at the couple's Los Angeles home on Monday while their young children were present.

UPDATE:

Jury finds 'Shield' actor Michael Jace guilty of second-degree murder of his wife

Los Angeles Times

A jury on Tuesday convicted an actor who played a police officer on TV of second-degree murder in the shooting death of his wife that was partially witnessed by their two young sons.
    The verdict in the trial of Michael Jace, who appeared on the FX series "The Shield," came after a weeklong trial in which Los Angeles jurors were told the actor shot his wife, April, in the back and then twice in the legs with a revolver that belonged to her father.
    Jace, 53, did not testify in his own defense. He told detectives soon after the attack that he had retrieved the gun to kill himself but couldn't do it. Instead, he planned to shoot his wife, an avid runner, in the leg so she would feel pain, Jace told detectives in a recorded interview.

Deputy Dist. Atty. Tannaz Mokayef told jurors the actor was waiting for his wife and he shot her in the back and taunted her before shooting each of her legs.
    Jace's 10-year-old son testified that he heard his father say, " 'If you like running, then run to heaven,' " before firing the second time.
    Savoy Brown, an adult son of April Jace, said the family was pleased with the verdict. He said watching Jace has been difficult for the family, and said he is hoping the actor, who bit his bottom lip when the verdict was read but showed no other emotion, will show his feelings when he is sentenced.

Mokayef said the potential sentence would be 40 years to life in prison.

She said during the trial that the actor was upset that his wife wanted a divorce and believed she was having an affair, although no evidence was presented during the trial that she was cheating.
    Jace's attorney, Jamon Hicks, said his client is remorseful for killing his wife. He said the actor may speak during his sentencing hearing to express his remorse, but he wants to be respectful of April Jace's family.
    Hicks previously told jurors the actor accepted responsibility for killing his wife but should be convicted of voluntary manslaughter because he shot her in the heat of passion.
    Jace also had small roles in films such as "Planet of the Apes," ''Boogie Nights" and "Forrest Gump."
    He turned himself in to police after the shooting and has been jailed since.
    April Jace, 40, was a financial aid counselor at Biola University.

Jury finds 'Shield' actor Michael Jace guilty of second-degree murder of his wife - LA Times
    sputnik likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

At least it's over with and hopefully the kids can move on with their lives.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information