Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Actor John Heard dead at 72

2 days post-surgical? Some of those could have been meds used during surgery. Or pre/post-op meds. Maybe he got sent home with a couple new scripts and could very well have ended up taking duplicate medications for the same thing. Was anyone caring for him or assisting him when he was discharged home? Or was he just out the door and on his own 2 days post-op?

When DarkJr had his wisdom teeth removed they gave him fentanyl (as a part of the anesthesia procedure) during. I know because I sat in on the entire procedure. Moreover, he was awake and lucid (but feeling no pain and definitely euphoric) for almost the entire thing. I think the only exception being 15 minutes into the 3rd extraction, the oral surgeon needed to saw through/break the tooth to remove it, so he had a little bump to make him slightly out of it for the duration, but then right back awake again. At the end even I was surprised at how much they'd used throughout the whole procedure. But I can assure, his vitals (respirations included) were excellent the entire time.

So yeah, fentanyl has a place and a purpose. It's pretty commonly used, in fact. But they're not going to be sending you home on it and prescribing it for you to keep using indefinitely unless you have a serious chronic (or progressive, like cancer) condition.
    Last edited by MsDark; January 9th, 2018 at 05:24 PM.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Fentanyl is dodgy. My best friend is quite sick, she has two chest feeding tube things (sorry I don't know the correct term), one went bad so they did a second, but she has the fentanly patch every now and again for her condition. Last time I visited her she had to use one of patches and it was sad to see her so tired and out of it.

Well, if she's that ill there could be a number of reasons or combinations of meds and reasons that she's so tired and out of it (anemic?) but they might could decrease the dose if it's the patch.

The patches are really great when used correctly for patients who need them because they provide 24-72hr coverage.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Those patches can really fuck with your head too. I know a guy who basically smashed himself into pieces in a motorbike accident a few years back and has the patches to deal with the resulting pain and you can always tell when he's been using them for a few days as he goes completely loopy - starts babbling about conspiracy theories, the Illuminati etc. Generally he's a real sweetheart but when he's on them? Total paranoia.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Silver Member

Right? And Fentanyl? I thought that was the heavy stuff that killed MJ that is used to put people to sleep for surgery. Could it possibly have still been in his system 2 days later?
    I am pretty sure it was Prince who died of a fentanyl overdose.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information