Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Actor John Heard dead at 72

All these pictures are reminding me of how grrat looking he was... A shallow thing to say when he's dead, but he was one of my crushes growing up.
    sputnik and dallison like this.

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    This doesn't smell right. Is it just me or does this look like money grab from the ex? Perhaps she hoped to sell the son's exclusive story now that John is gone. And since John is dead, he can't refute her story. I've never heard of a 22 yr old dying peacefully in their sleep without either suffering from something serious or catastrophic. It's tragic the young man passed and I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but I will wait patiently while the family gets their story straight then comes back to the media with something more believable.
    I agree. I have never heard of a son who basically died of a broken heart because his dad wasn't part of his life. I mean, that's what it sounded to me like she implied.

I read it as drug overdose or suicide and mom lashing out some.
    MohandasKGanja and BrickHouse like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I recently saw him in the "Deceived" movie too, and he was really great. He had a lot of great roles. I didn't know anything about stalking or wife beating or anything so that takes him down 50+ notches.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

'HOME ALONE' DAD JOHN HEARD VARIOUS NARCOTICS IN SYSTEM... At Time of Death

"Home Alone" dad John Heard had a pharmacy of drugs in his system when he died ... TMZ has learned.

The actor died in July at age 71, and now the toxicology results are in. Among the drugs in his system -- Tramadol, Oxycodone, Oxymorphone, Xanax, Buprenorphine, Fentanyl and Hydromorphone.

It's important to note Heard had back surgery 2 days before his death, and some of these drugs are commonly used to alleviate pain.

The report, obtained by TMZ, also seems to indicate there was an attempt to revive Heard with Narcan, a drug used to counteract the effects of a narcotics OD.

The Medical Examiner has already said Heard died from a heart attack triggered by heart disease. There is no information in the reports as to whether drugs contributed to the cause of death.

'Home Alone' Dad John Heard Had Various Narcotics in System at Time of Death | TMZ.com

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Ugh. What I dislike about that report is people will just see "OD" and "fentanyl" and just assume he was abusing these drugs, while overlooking that he just had back surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    Ugh. What I dislike about that report is people will just see "OD" and "fentanyl" and just assume he was abusing these drugs, while overlooking that he just had back surgery.
    Plus, the medical examiner said he died of a heart attack. I'm not an expert, but it may be that the pain (despite all the meds) triggered the heart attack.

That's still a lot of different drugs, would they all be prescribed after a "minor" back surgery? I'm thinking not.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    That's still a lot of different drugs, would they all be prescribed after a "minor" back surgery? I'm thinking not.
    HELL no. No doctor would EVER have a patient take more than 2 of those at the same time. (And even 2 at the same time would be unlikely.) He had practically every kind of prescription opioid that exists, in his system. That's crazy!
    Trixie likes this.

Right? And Fentanyl? I thought that was the heavy stuff that killed MJ that is used to put people to sleep for surgery. Could it possibly have still been in his system 2 days later?

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Right? And Fentanyl? I thought that was the heavy stuff that killed MJ that is used to put people to sleep for surgery. Could it possibly have still been in his system 2 days later?
    The question I had in the back of my mind was how quickly does the human body fully metabolize all this stuff. I don't think it would be noted on the ME report if the residual amounts were in the negligible territory. However, I always thought that an opioid overdose basically shuts down breathing and muscles -- but would not look at all like a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    You're thinking of propofol. But I read that fentanyl is also used during anesthesia and for after surgery pain. But not sure they would send someone home with it. I've been hearing more about fentanyl overdoses, heroin laced with fentanyl etc. I always thought it was just for extreme pain, like in cancer patients.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Oh yes, thank you. Propofol. In any case, it seems like a lot of medication for 1 person to be on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information