Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Actor John Heard dead at 72

I liked him best as the creepy husband in Deceived...one of Goldie Hawn's better films.

Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

My favorite John Heard movie was "Cat People". Because he got to make out with Nastassja Kinski. He was also really good in a small role as Tom Hanks' rival at the toy company in "Big".

Bluebonnet likes this.

Anyone see "My Fellow Americans", a political spoof starring Jack Lemmon and James Garner as former presidents on the run? Heard played a Quayle-like VP, with some pretty good lines.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Last thing I saw him in was for TV in Modern Family: the father of Phil's real estate nemisis who always just happens to be around when Jay is in an embarrassing situation.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Just saw Deceived. Love when Goldie is forced to get the necklace back from the bratty kid with the self-righteous parents.
    I'll bet Goopy is steam cleaning the fuck out of that vagina!-MsDark

Another really good character actor. He's been in so many movies, he has 6 movies coming out according to IMDb. RIP.

He always gave me the creeps. Apparently his 20 y/o son died in december and his ex-wife blasted him in the obit. I think there was domestic violence & stalking in his past. He was also married to Margot Kidder for 6 days.
    BITTER, Annika and Karma like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    My favorite John Heard movie was "Cat People". Because he got to make out with Nastassja Kinski. He was also really good in a small role as Tom Hanks' rival at the toy company in "Big".

That movie was great! I also liked him as Callie Duquesne's alcoholic dad on "CSI:Miami".
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    He always gave me the creeps. Apparently his 20 y/o son died in december and his ex-wife blasted him in the obit. I think there was domestic violence & stalking in his past. He was also married to Margot Kidder for 6 days.
    I didn't know that about his son. I heard about the wife-beating and stalking though.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I'd forgotten that Heard was in this really good sleeper kind of comedy that had a lot recognizable actors in it - "Heaven Help Us". Heard was the new, progressive Brother who actually related to his students. The movie REALLY resonated with me because I had just graduated a couple years earlier from a Xaverian Brothers school - with a mix of really nice, and sometimes terrifying, Brothers. This movie also had Mary Stuart Masterson, Patrick Dempsey, Andrew McCarthy, Kevin Dillon, Donald Sutherland, Wallace Shawn (giving an EPIC pre-dance speech).

sputnik and MsDark like this.

Home Alone actor John Heard found dead in hotel six months after his estranged son Max died in his bed at the age of 22 after suffering 'deep grief of not having a father participating in his life'

• John Heard died on Friday, just six months after his son Max died
    • Max Heard, 22, died in December 2016 and was estranged from his father
    • John was found dead by a maid in a hotel in California, sources say
    • Heard also starred in Big with Tom Hanks, Gladiator and The Pelican Brief

Home Alone actor John Heard died six months after his estranged son passed away in his sleep.
    Max Heard died in his bed in December 2016, half a year before the death of his father in a hotel room on Friday.
    The 22-year-old 'died peacefully in his sleep', according to an obituary written by his mother Sharon, and 'was in deep grief of not having a father participating in his life.'

Max Heard (pictured), who was reportedly estranged from his father, died on December 6, 2016

John and Sharon Heard also shared a daughter, Annika.
    John and Melissa Leo, who were in a previous relationship together, has a son and named him John Matthew Heard.
    The 72-year-old was found dead by a maid in a hotel in California on Friday, according to family sources.
    The star played the father of Macaulay Culkin’s character Kevin in the hit 1990s films.

The 72-year-old was found dead by a maid in a hotel in California on Friday, according to family sources

Heard also starred in Big with Tom Hanks, Gladiator and The Pelican Brief, while TV work included roles in Battlestar Galactica and The Sopranos

His death is not being treated as suspicious.

Read more: John Heard dies just six months after his son | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Did not know that. I just read that Margot was married to three men, all just a little over or a little under one year.

Very memorable performance in Cutter's Way. John was a Vietnam vet, very tough movie. What a character actor. If anyone remembers Lisa Eichhorn, (Yanks with Richard Gere) she was terrific at playing drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by dowcat View Post
    This doesn't smell right. Is it just me or does this look like money grab from the ex? Perhaps she hoped to sell the son's exclusive story now that John is gone. And since John is dead, he can't refute her story. I've never heard of a 22 yr old dying peacefully in their sleep without either suffering from something serious or catastrophic. It's tragic the young man passed and I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but I will wait patiently while the family gets their story straight then comes back to the media with something more believable.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

I remember him from so many movies and television shows. 72 is still young. RIP.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by crayzeehappee View Post
    Just saw Deceived. Love when Goldie is forced to get the necklace back from the bratty kid with the self-righteous parents.
    "Is ANYBODY in CHARGE around here?"....loved it.
    crayzeehappee and weathered1 like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information