Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Aaron Rodgers and Shailene Woodley reportedly are dating

czb

i didn't see BLL but i agree with OS, i don't think she's such a great actress.

as for superbowl, i just watched halftime yesterday so i could see the Weeknd.

Speaking of what CZB said, I stopped watching football, except for the Superbowl, years ago. The Superbowl is like a cultural phenomenon, and it's probably one of the few times a year Mrs Mo and I give ourselves permission to drink as much beer, and eat as much snacks and cheese as we want. And we did.

Anyway, yesterday's game was very enjoyable up to the point where Tampa started to inexorably pull away. Brady double cemented his reputation. At 43, he is the oldest quarterback to win a superbowl, and he held the last record, too (41). Other stuff:

1. Tampa's coach (Arians) is also the oldest coach to win the Superbowl - he was 68
    2. Mahomes played pretty well, but at least twice, and maybe 3 times, his receivers dropped key passes.
    3. Chiefs got called for penalties all over the place in the first half. Especially holding or pass interference. It really killed them. And I don't blame Mahomes' mom for being a little p*ssed about it.
    4. Rob Gronkowski (also of the Patriots, like Brady) had actually retired last year. But came back and joined the Buccaneers with Brady. And this guy caught TWO touchdown passes from Brady. That is just insane.
    5. Buccaneers acquired a RB who also had not played for them last year. Fournette, I think? He ran all over the chiefs. So, three key offensive players for the Bucs in this Superbowl had literally joined the team this year. The GM is looking like a genius right now.
    6. I heard during the game, that the Chiefs had lost a key lineman and that as a result, every single other lineman had to shift into a different position to adjust for it. To me, that problem really showed in terms of holding back the Bucs and protecting Mahomes in the pocket. He was running all over the place to save his life.
    7. The Bucs shut down Tyreek Hill, who apparently is an incredibly dangerous wide receiver normally. He was a non factor in the game.
    8. I have to give Mahomes credit again. The guy made some wildly difficult passes - cross field, falling back, on the run. That were almost caught by (and should have been caught by) his guys. He is also great on his feet. I was surprised shocked to see how tall he actually was (6'3"). To me, he looked almost like a halfback out there.
    Angeli likes this.

czb

oh! and aside from the Weeknd, i saw a few commercials. what happened to mila? she looked scrawny.

^^^ and cheese covered!

Gold Member

Huh. I thought they were both gay. (shrugs)

I have two words for you. Elton John.
    Rich people have never let anything like facts get in their way when they want something.

DawnM74 likes this.

Note to self: must get rich.
    fgg likes this.
    -

It's very well known in GB that Aaron Rodgers is gay. I have a few friends up there and one told me the name of Aaron's BF, but I forgot it!
    DawnM74 likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

fgg

^i thought he was dating his roommate or assistant or whatever.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

He WAS, but that's when it all blew up because I think they split up and the ex started blabbing - this was a few years ago. It's also when Rodgers was questioned about it on radio and said "I really, really like women" - which obviously convinced no one.

I think it's terribly sad we still live in a world where someone feels they need to keep that private. Hell, not even private, that's for him to decide - but to go *out of his way* to convince people otherwise. If he truly is gay, I feel really sad for him that he finds himself in this situation and can't be himself proudly.
    fgg, MohandasKGanja, czb and 9 others like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I think it's terribly sad we still live in a world where someone feels they need to keep that private. Hell, not even private, that's for him to decide - but to go *out of his way* to convince people otherwise. If he truly is gay, I feel really sad for him that he finds himself in this situation and can't be himself proudly.
    It's the sport and the fans - it really seems like the last bastion for white supremacist homophobes. The fact that a bunch of black guys kneeling respectfully in silence during the Star Spangled Banner (which has insulting verses about slaves to begin with) triggers a bunch of fans is really an indictment of a huge percentage of the fan base.

fgg

Aaron Rodgers Is 'Very Happy' in 'Whirlwind Romance' with Fiancée Shailene Woodley, Source Says

The Green Bay Packers quarterback announced his engagement to Shailene Woodley on February 6

The sudden engagement of Aaron Rodgers and Shailene Woodley has surprised everyone close to them, including people who say that they never imagined the 37-year-old Green Bay Packers quarterback would fall head over heels so quickly.

"This isn't like Aaron at all," says a source close to Rodgers. "He's usually so methodical about everything. I'm not saying he's not a romantic, but he thinks things through. He's analytical. He is very careful. He didn't seem to be the type to get so serious after just a few months of dating, especially after the way things ended with Danica Patrick."

Rodgers and former race car driver Patrick split in July of last year after two years together, Patrick's rep confirmed to PEOPLE at the time. Woodley was last linked to rugby player Ben Volavola, but revealed that they had split in an April 2020 interview with the New York Times.

Though Woodley and Rodgers started spending a lot of time together over the summer, even those close to the couple were shocked when the athlete announced his engagement while accepting the NFL MVP award on February 6.

"It was so fast that at first, we thought she was just a rebound," says the source close to Rodgers. "There was no way this could be so serious. Everyone thought it was a casual thing because that's what he was telling everyone, even when it was clearly not a casual thing."

For now, the couple has not given friends any details about their upcoming wedding. "It's a total whirlwind romance. ... No one has gotten a 'save the date' card yet," says the insider. "I'm sure they'll make plans, but they're really being quiet about it for right now. That's why this is such a surprise to everyone."

But the source tells PEOPLE that there's no mistaking the joy that Woodley brings Rodgers.

"He's acting very happy," says the source. "They're very content and peaceful. It's nice to see."

https://people.com/sports/aaron-rodg...oodley-source/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Are we taking bets when the engagement will be called off or how short the marriage will be ?

True Love

I guess Aaron thinks that he looks better with a beard .
    firebrat1229 and Trixie like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Maybe they both wants kids.

I think it's a farce and I'm sad that he feels it's necessary too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information