Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Katie Holmes was counting on Tom Cruise to get her a decent role

Default Katie Holmes was counting on Tom Cruise to get her a decent role

Katie Holmes was counting on Tom Cruise to get her a decent role

Tom Cruise is kind of growing on me. I know he’s an unofficial leader and an apologist for Scientology, one of the world’s most dangerous cults, and for that reason I’ll never be a fan. At the same time the guy is very gracious with the public and he seems real about it. I was kind of impressed by him at the Golden Globes, especially the way he listened attentively to his old boss Steven Spielberg’s speech. Maybe he’s trying to convert us all with kindness because he knows he’s the only one who can help. Looking at the header photo, the crazy is still very much with him.
    It’s hard to tell exactly what’s going on with Tom’s relationship with his “they said it wouldn’t last” third wife, Katie Holmes. Holmes is looking incredibly tired and worn down.

According to Star, which is probably making this up, Katie is disappointed in her husband for not helping her land a decent role though which she can prove she’s star material, and it’s putting a strain on their relationship. Whether that’s the strain that’s showing up on her face or not is up to interpretation:
    When Tom Cruise started dating Katie Holmes in 2005, he vowed to make all of her dreams come true, especially the one to become a huge movie star. But now, almost four years later, Katie’s career is in the worst slump of her life - and sources tell Star that Tom is to blame!
    “He basically told her he would manage her career and make her a big star,” says one insider. “He said that in five years, she’d be the No. 1 female box-office earner in the world. Tom really believed in Katie and that his connections would mold her into a superstar…
    “Katie can’t understand how Tom could run a big movie studio like United Artists and not be able to steer her toward an Oscar-worthy film.”
    [From Star Magazine, print edition, January 19, 2008]

This might be something that just occurred to someone at Star, but it’s a good observation. Cruise helms United Artists studio and can presumably use his influence to help “Kate” land a role or even create one for her. So far all she’s done since she married Tom was that awful comedy Mad Money, a cameo on the TV show “Eli Stone,” and a role on Broadway that was presumably her idea. IMDB doesn’t have her listed as attached to any projects in the future.

Cruise is rumored to be on shaky ground with United Artists, which is owned by Cruise and MGM. His partner, Paula Wagner, left UA in August of last year amid rumors that MGM wanted the studio to move in another direction. (They put out Lions for Lambs and Valkyrie, which wasn’t released at that point.) What’s more is that United received a $500 million funding pledge from Merrill Lynch, which was thought to have been in jeopardy after the financial crisis and takeover of Lynch by Bank of America in September. Supposedly the money is secure, but that hardly seems possible.
    Now that Valkyrie was a success maybe Tom will have more pull with the bigwigs to help “Kate” get some work. That is, if he wants her to work. He kept calling her “strong willed” during press for Valkyrie and said that he wanted 10 children but mentioned that it was up to her. Maybe he’s setting up the right career-free scenario to change her malleable mind. It’s not like she’s earning roles with her fabulous talent anyway. Holmes’ role on stage wrapped on Sunday night and we’ll have to see if she remains in New York or returns to LA with her husband.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Katie Holmes was counting on Tom Cruise to get her a decent role
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Biggest box office earner in the world? Unfortunately for her, everyone already saw the half-assed movies she made, unlike Nicole who wasn't really known in the States before her marriage to Cruise. Still, I'd like to see Holmes play characters she's never played before, just to see if she can really do it or not.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

She couldn't even play a convincing supporting role in Batman begins.

Bitch you cant act.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

His palms are shiny.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post

“He basically told her he would manage her career and make her a big star,” says one insider. “He said that in five years, she’d be the No. 1 female box-office earner in the world. Tom really believed in Katie and that his connections would mold her into a superstar…
    Maybe thats correct because her career IS rotten.... but I think that mould is the norm.....

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    Holmes’ role on stage wrapped on Sunday night and we’ll have to see if she remains in New York or returns to LA with her husband.
    If we'd done out research, we'd have known that KatiE and Suri got a helicopter to get to the airport so that she could meet TinyTom at the after parties..... So, yeah.... she's going back to LA.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    She couldn't even play a convincing supporting role in Batman begins.

Bitch you cant act.
    thank you
    even granny Maggie Gyllenhaal did a better job pretending to be KatEE in the The Dark Knight than KatEE did in Batman Begins - KatEE darn near ruined Batman Beings all by herself.

Whoa thats a scary picture of Tom Cruise.

i wish granny gyllenhaal would get her posture fixed.. some serious scoliosis happening
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

I was happier than a chipmunk with a winter's supply of acorns when Katie didn't sign up for The Dark Knight. All of the quality actors in Batman Begins and Katie's realtionship with Tommy Boy overshadowed all of their hard work. Plus she looked like a child trying to act beside Christian Bale. Her career is over.

She'll never be a great actress, but I think she could have done better on her own, career-wise. Probably would have ended up back on tv at some point, but she could've done it without all the scrutiny and backlash she faces now.

Besides, Tommy doesn't have time to worry about Katie's career-- he's too busy trying to save his own.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

the nazi movie was a success?

Tom Cruise is kind of growing on me. I know he’s an unofficial leader and an apologist for Scientology, one of the world’s most dangerous cults, and for that reason I’ll never be a fan. At the same time the guy is very gracious with the public and he seems real about it.
    If there's anything worth liking about the man, that's it. He does seem to go out of his way with fans. He really has to in order to offset the cuckoo, but because he seems so oblivious to how he comes across to the public in every other way, I almost think it's genuine.

Star material? Nuh uh.

As for Tom, he should recheck his ego and stop being Mr. Blockbuster money machine. He did his best work when playing opposite a seasoned actor.

What? Mad Money wasn't nominated for an Oscar? Surely, you jest?

Katie (GMD) does a nice job picking roles.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    If there's anything worth liking about the man, that's it. He does seem to go out of his way with fans. He really has to in order to offset the cuckoo, but because he seems so oblivious to how he comes across to the public in every other way, I almost think it's genuine.
    ITA with you. He does seem to genuinely appreciate his fans and seems like a people person.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information