Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Aniston beats Brad Pitt

Default Jennifer Aniston beats Brad Pitt

Brad Pitt may have dumped Jennifer Aniston for Angelina Jolie and then rubbed it in her face by being photographed with Jolie and their growing family every other day for two years, but, so far at least, Aniston's movie is whupping Brad's movie's butt!

Big Hollywood just came out with preliminary box office numbers for Christmas Day, and "Marley & Me" has edged out "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" for the Number One slot.

"Marley" clocked in with $13.9 million in ticket sales, while "Button" lagged slightly behind with $11.1 million.

"Bedtime Stories," "Valkyrie," and "The Spirit" round out the Top 5, which means Adam Sandler also beat Tom Cruise, although, since the two were never married, that's not as interesting.

Remember, these are early numbers, and there are still three days left in the big Christmas holiday weekend for "Button" to make up ground on "Marley," but for one glorious day, Jen can bask in the knowledge that she opens a movie better than her ex.

Burn.

FOXNews.com - Jen Beats Brad! Finally! - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Not surprising, though I thought Bedtime Stories would be the main competition for Marley. Tommy's movie did pretty good too and got some nice reviews.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Big deal.

i still don't doubt for a second that benjamin button is the better movie.
    marley and me sounds like the typical sappy shit people love.
    benjamin button is based on a story by f. scott fitzgerald and directed by david fincher. doesn't exactly sound like mainstream 'minivan majority' fare.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Kenesha & Lily must've bought a lot of Marley & Me tickets.

There were no lumps of coal in Brad Pitt or Jennifer Aniston's stockings this Christmas.

The former couple both had movies in competition for the top spot on Christmas Day, and while Aniston's film pulled in the most money, both movies were winners at the box office.

Aniston's Marley & Me, a feel-good movie costarring Owen Wilson about a young family and mischievous dog, was the leader of the pack, grossing $14.8 million, the highest one-day total ever for a film opening on Christmas.

But Pitt's The Curious Case of Benjamin Button wasn't far behind. The film, about the life-long romance between a man who ages in reverse (Pitt) and a woman (Cate Blanchett), set the record for the second-highest Christmas opening of all-time with $11.8 million.

Both films exceeded box office expectations by 40-50 percent, Variety reports.

Two other films also opened to strong numbers on Christmas Day.

Adam Sandler's kid-friendly Bedtime Stories picked up approximately $10.5 million to land in third place, and it could overtake Benjamin Button to land in second place for the long holiday weekend.

Tom Cruise's World War II epic Valkyrie opened to mixed reviews but a solid one-day gross of about $8.5 million.

The only other new release, director Frank Miller's Spirit – starring Eva Mendes and Scarlett Johansson – was the only underperformer, grossing about $4 million on its opening day.

Brad Pitt & Jennifer Aniston Set Box Office Records - Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston : People.com
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Any easy prediction, one I made a while ago. Marley & Me has more broad based appeal than Button. Of course, Button will be the critics darling.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

^^^
    marley and me is basically one of those retarded 'chicken soup' books made into a movie, with a dog. what artistic merit cand that possibly have?
    plus, it's based on a book by the same sap that wrote 'the notebook'.
    i mean, come on, f. scott fitzgerald v. the notebook with a dog? it's almost too easy.
    that said, i hope benjamin button is good. i love fitzgerald, i love fincher, i love blanchett. this had better not suck.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    marley and me is basically one of those retarded 'chicken soup' books made into a movie, with a dog. what artistic merit cand that possibly have?
    i mean, come on, f. scott fitzgerald v. the notebook with a dog? it's almost too easy.
    that said, i hope benjamin button is good. i love fitzgerald, i love fincher, i love blanchett. this had better not suck.
    Not every movie has to be 'art'. Most people want to be entertained. That's why, for the most part, the highest grossing movies rarely ever win awards.

I like a good 'art' movie too. But when I saw how much Button was changed, mainly due to 'input' by Pitt, I was turned off. This movie is completely different than Fitzgerald's story after Hollywood slaughtered it.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    No it isn't. John Grogan wrote Marley & Me, which is non-fiction. Nicholas Sparks wrote The Notebook, which is fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Kenesha & Lily must've bought a lot of Marley & Me tickets.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I'm so bored with the tabloid snark. Marley and Me and BB are different movie experiences. I can watch and enjoy both. Who gives a crap about who beat who?

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    No it isn't. John Grogan wrote Marley & Me, which is non-fiction. Nicholas Sparks wrote The Notebook, which is fiction.
    ah ok, my mistake. it sounded so sappy my subconscious must have assumed it had to be the ridiculous nicholas sparks.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Not every movie has to be 'art'. Most people want to be entertained. That's why, for the most part, the highest grossing movies rarely ever win awards.

I like a good 'art' movie too. But when I saw how much Button was changed, mainly due to 'input' by Pitt, I was turned off. This movie is completely different than Fitzgerald's story after Hollywood slaughtered it.
    yah i guess i'm missing the 'feel-good' gene, i just don't get the appeal. i'd rather watch something like zoolander when i just want to be entertained. i never said all movies have to be art. that said, even dumb comedies can be well made, well written and well acted.

I actually want to see both. I have no urge to see anything else thats out right now at all.

And I'm not sure if M & M is a "feel good" movie, by all accounts I've read its actually a tear-jerker.

I think M & M will win the box office, and BB will win the critical acclaim. Both Aniston and Pitt are winners here, in actuality.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I too will watch both when it hits dvd on 2 buck day.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information