Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tara Reid checks into rehab

Default Tara Reid checks into rehab

Tara Reid is in rehab, her rep tells PEOPLE exclusively.

"Tara Reid has checked herself into Promises Treatment Center. We appreciate your respect to her and her family's privacy at this time," the actress's rep Jack Ketsoyan tells PEOPLE.

The rep would not reveal what Reid, 33, is being treated for.

A friend of the troubled actress says she headed to the treatment facility on Tuesday.

"Her friends and family are supportive of her decision," says the friend. "She checked in herself – it was her decision."

It is unclear if Reid, who launched the fashion line Mantra in September, will spend the holidays at Promises.

In an interview in October, Reid told PEOPLE she was a "social drinker" who enjoyed an occasional glass of wine with friends.

Asked if she was ever tempted to fall back into old habits, the actress said: "No. I've done it. Trust me. I've done enough for a lifetime of everything. I've had a great time. I partied. I had fun. I ate and drank whatever. I dated a million guys, but I'm so happy with where I'm at right now. I don't need to do anything anymore."

Tara Reid Checks Into Rehab - Health, Tara Reid : People.com

Good for her. I don't even have anything snarky to say.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

it takes a lot of guts to recognize you have substance issues that you need help with. good on her. the best to her during her recovery.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

I'm bowled over.

Good for her, but this is not surprising at all.

I hope she gets the help she needs and realizes that this is not a quick fix. This is something she has to WORK at and really want.
    "Eye on the TV, Cause tragedy thrills me
    Whatever flavor It happens to be"
    Vicarious by Tool

Good luck.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

oh boy, Promises. thats a great place to get treatment. *koff*
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

NOBODY CARES TARA!!!! fuckin idiot.

Ha, how much you wanna bet this wouldn't even have been a blip on anyone's radar if Tara's rep hadn't announced it "exclusively" to People Mag?

I guess any publicity is good publicity to Tara.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Well since she fired that publicist that got her all those gigs she needs SOME way to get attention. I secretly hope she goes all Britney on us.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    The "exclusive" rehabs are the worst places to go if you really want help. The people there (meaning patients) are most likely not there because they want to be but are being forced into it..by family, or business. When I was in one, I met a famous actress, a MLB player and a member of a very famous rock group. The actress was the most self involved bitch I have ever met. She threw a holy fit when her Gucci bag that her actor husband sent her had to be searched. She approached me and my room-mate the first day she got there and told us some BS about her being in Philadelphia where her husband was filming and was getting a massage at her hotel and she had too much champagne..supposedly she "fell asleep" and when she woke up, the massuse was fisting her..right before her husband walked in. She was forced into the facility for custody reasons....She told us this 15 minutes after she met us....and then asked us if we had any painkillers.. I'm not a woman or gay, but I'm guessing if someone was fisting me, I'd wake up pretty fast.
    "Eye on the TV, Cause tragedy thrills me
    Whatever flavor It happens to be"
    Vicarious by Tool

Just watch her end up on the next season of 'Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew'.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    The "exclusive" rehabs are the worst places to go if you really want help. The people there (meaning patients) are most likely not there because they want to be but are being forced into it..by family, or business. When I was in one, I met a famous actress, a MLB player and a member of a very famous rock group. The actress was the most self involved bitch I have ever met. She threw a holy fit when her Gucci bag that her actor husband sent her had to be searched. She approached me and my room-mate the first day she got there and told us some BS about her being in Philadelphia where her husband was filming and was getting a massage at her hotel and she had too much champagne..supposedly she "fell asleep" and when she woke up, the massuse was fisting her..right before her husband walked in. She was forced into the facility for custody reasons....She told us this 15 minutes after she met us....and then asked us if we had any painkillers.. I'm not a woman or gay, but I'm guessing if someone was fisting me, I'd wake up pretty fast.
    thats an awesome story

The New Yorker just did a piece on celebrity rehabs.....They don't work. They're not serious, they don't get down to business, and when celebs go there, it's only for appearances. The ones who really want to get help go to someplace like Betty Ford, where they're not treated like royalty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information