Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie is the highest paid actress

Default Angelina Jolie is the highest paid actress

St. Angie Is The Highest Paid Actress In The Universe

Saint Angelina Jolie has knocked Reese Witherspoon off her golden throne and is now the highest paid actress in the entire universe according to The Hollywood Reporter. You know some bitchy ass alien is giving me the side-eye because she's the highest paid actress on Mars.
    In 2008, Angie's movies including Kung Fu Panda and Wanted totaled $1 billion worldwide. She makes up to $15 million per movie.
    I'm sure Saint Angie has it on her "To do list" to donate every last cent she's ever made to the humans of the world. She'll live the rest of her life as a peasant in some shanty town so that every person on this planet can say they've been touched by her kindness. Either that or she'll use her fortune to adopt more kids and finally create a child army big enough to take us all down. Yeah, probably the latter.
    The rest of the top 5 looks like this:

2. Julia Roberts
    3. Reese Witherspoon
    4. Cameron Diaz
    5. Katherine Heigl

Wait. Stop. Hold up. Rewind. Put the phone down. Throw the pie away. Choke a kitten. KATHERINE HEEEIGL?! Katherine "makes me want to stick a knife in my peen hole" Heigl is the 5th highest paid actress in the world?! Okay, whoever is paying this ho to act in anything needs to be taken out back and beat with a tree branch by my abuelita.

St. Angie Is The Highest Paid Actress In The Universe | Dlisted
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

what a dumbass pic of her lmao
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

When's the last time Julia Roberts even made a f**king movie. And Cameron diaz and heigl? Give me a BREAK

Silver Member

^ I second your pain. Except for Reese, everyone else on this list annoys me.
    I'm a motherfucker and sell candles

Gold Member

There are really no big female box office draws. Julia in her prime was a big box office draw, but no one today comes close to her status. Which female movie star can open a movie on her name alone? Reese Witherspoon probably comes the closest - I mean, she sold that piece of crap Four Christmases (but even she's had her fair share of flops.)

I can't believe they attribute Kung Fu Panda's success to Mangie. It was a children's animated film. That was the draw. That, and Jack Black (whose name was actually on the poster, unlike Mangie's.) Wanted, too, was a comic book adaptation, and she had a supporting role. She may be a big tabloid star, but I don't think she's a big box office draw (she drives away as many potential ticket buyers as she attracts.)

Elite Member

Reese is the most talented of all five, second Julia.

smf

the only relivant one is rw ,the media and this list are ate up

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    There are really no big female box office draws. Julia in her prime was a big box office draw, but no one today comes close to her status (Reese Witherspoon is probably the closest - I mean, she sold that piece of crap Four Christmases.)

I can't believe they attribute Kung Fu Panda's success to Mangie. It was a children's animated film. That was the draw. That and Jack Black (whose name was actually on the poster, unlike Mangie's.) Wanted, too, was a comic book adaptation, and she had a supporting role. She may be a big tabloid star, but I don't think she's a big box office draw (she drives away as many potential ticket buyers as she attracts.)
    Well "Wanted" did good, it opened to 50 million over the weekend earlier this year, and ultimately made 134 million in the U.S. alone. Which proves my point, if thespians crave the box office hits, and believe me it's something they crave besides the critical butt kissing if they want to stay in the business, then they need to choose their film projects wisely.

Wanted was a great choice for Angie, based on a comic book, featuring kick arse assassins (who the f**k doesn't like movies about assassins???), and the marketing team deserves tremendous credit for creating sesational buzz. If you were in the movie theater and saw that sequence where James McAvoy's character was running away from the supermarket being chased by a guy in a vehicle, and at the last minute Angie comes whizzing by to snap him up in her car, you were like, whoa, that was f**king awesome. It made you WANT to see the movie.

Changeling did decent but in my opinion far underperformed, earning 48 million total worldwide compared to a 55 million budget. Not exactly the kind of subject and movie making that draws tons of people to the theater.

The difference between the two is obvious, people were excited to see Wanted, not so much Changeling, so it's less who stars in a movie than what the movie is about.

I agree about kung fu panda, as I do with all animated films. It's less who stars in it than being wowed by the cool computer animation and cute story line. Hell nicole kidman should consider a computer animated film next time so she can technically be considered a big box office draw again lol.

studios aren't just paying her shitloads of money if she's losing them cash and isn't a draw. i don't think she's a stellar actress either but apparently she makes the studios money. same with the rest. like katherine bloody heigl. i never expected her to be on the list.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The only one that stands out thesedays is Reese.

Julia Roberts was hot during her prime, but why and how is still in the top 5 now.

How the fuck is Katherine Heigl on this list? Over Renee... or Nicole.. or Sandra Bullock? Really??? Jeez.

Julia Roberts' only being paid so much, to remember to shower.

Gah, she makes Julia Roberts look talented. Pitiful.

That pic is so going in The Vein!!! thread lol!

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    When's the last time Julia Roberts even made a f**king movie. And Cameron diaz and heigl? Give me a BREAK
    Exactly. I mean Julia Roberts?! Wtf! I think it's funny how the list of the highest 5 paid actresses never contain the most talented ones.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information