Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Gordon Ramsey affair story a PR stunt by alleged mistress?

Default Was Gordon Ramsey affair story a PR stunt by alleged mistress?

Was Gordon Ramsey affair story a PR stunt by alleged mistress?

Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay has gotten a lot of bad press in the last few weeks over a reported affair he had with “professional mistress” Sarah Symonds. Fox News’ Pop Tarts has evidence that Symonds’ claims were all just an attempt to increase hits on the website AshleyMadison.com, for which she was a spokesperson. The website is for people who want to have extramarital affairs. Symonds was employed because she wrote an instructional book on how to be a mistress. Classy. The president and CEO of AshleyMadison claims Symonds had reason to fake an affair, and a high profile chef was suggested during website meetings.
    It has been quite a rough week for top British chef Gordon Ramsay after author Sarah Symonds went public with claims she has been having a ten-year affair with the married “Hell’s Kitchen” star. Ramsay however came forth on Thursday and dismissed the allegations as “a load of BS” while appearing on the BBC’s “Good Food Show.” But Miss Symonds was employed in February this year to be the U.K spokesperson for the controversial internet dating service AshleyMadison.com which caters to those looking to have a secret extramarital affair.
    “Symonds was the face of the company in the U.K and we wanted to generate some buzz and one of the ideas we threw around was if she was too have a high-profile affair,” Noel Biderman, President & CEO of AshleyMadison.com tells Tarts. “At the time she specifically asked if an affair with a top British chef would accomplish what we needed to do.”
    So could it all be a PR stunt or did Symonds really have something to hide? The relationship between the spokeswoman and the company fizzed out after just a few months as Symonds reportedly wanted to head to Hollywood and pursue her lifelong ambitions while the company needed someone who would stay in the U.K.
    “There were no ill feelings when she left,” Biderman says, adding that he has since reached out to Symonds in the wake of the Ramsay infidelity claims but has not had a response.
    [From Pop Tarts]
    The main problem with this angle is that Symonds isn’t working for AshleyMadison anymore, so why would she come forward about the affair now? While the president’s quote is pretty damning, it’s important to note that Pop Tarts has a big conflict of interest here – which they don’t disclose. It’s part of Fox News’ website, and Ramsay’s reality show “Hell’s Kitchen” is a Fox show. It would make sense that they want to keep their talent looking good. The article could still very well be true, and Noel Biderman said what he said. But it’s important to take the whole thing with a grain of salt since Fox didn’t disclose the conflict of interest.
    No matter what, Sarah Symonds sounds like a real loser. She’s become famous for her affairs, and apparently that’s the only thing she’s good at. The woman actually wrote a book that’s essentially about how to screw another woman over. She doesn’t sound like an ethical person, so it wouldn’t be that surprising if this whole debacle was just a way for her to become more famous.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Was Gordon Ramsey affair story a PR stunt by alleged mistress?
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

and its gone from a 7 yr affair to a 10 yr one now.... who knew..?

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

They're practically common law at this point; now he's a foul mouthed polygamist into pegging.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Who cares, he's still a pig. A great chef, entertaining, but a damn pig.

A*O

Of course she did it for extra publicity - but the story is still true.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

^^Exactly. She is loking ot push her book and probably some vague 'career' but he hasn't sued.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I think she is worse than he is! The whole thing is sleezy.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

he looks like a crotchety old woman in that photo
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I heard that she's did a pilot show for TV (funded by one of her johns >>I refuse to call 'em lovers - act like a hooker and all that...<<) but it wasn't picked up. She's also apparently trying to get a few other TV presenting deals going with little success. That'll be the reason for all her self-publicising right now.

I think Gordon Ramsey is a twat. I don't find him entertaining or watch his show, but I have to admit that a little deep, dark part of me is hoping like hell that he didn't cheat with her and that he sues the arse off her and rockets this sloppy-minged trollop back to whatever rock she crawled out from under.

Elite Member

There is something funny about this story/

Gold Member

If the mistress exposed their affair to publicize that website, she did an awful job because this is the first I've ever heard of that website.

I agree she's a publicity seeker in general. Making a career off of being a "professional mistress" is pretty disgusting, imo.

Well, I kind of think she did a good job if the first you heard of that website was due to her exposing the affair. But yeah, she's a publicity whore and a slag in general but she's not married, he is. So who is worse? Him, in my estimation, particularly because this wasn't some one off...it went on and on and on. I could probably forgive a quickie or a short term fling during bad times in a marriage but this one went on for a long time so he's basically more of a dickhead than I thought before this came out. Not a fan to start with but now I just think he's a sleaze ball. He's classic old fashioned guy: wants to ahve his cake and eat it too. He didn't fall in love and run off with the other woman, which I could almost respect or at least understand. He just wanted to get his dick wet somewhere else and keep playing happy families.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

A*O

I'm sure he has women throwing themselves at him all the time. We all like a Bad Boy, admit it. That probably makes me a slapper too BUT I wouldn't blab to the tabloids. I might post a blind item here tho LOL
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Yeah, I guess but when he's running around playing happy families and going on and on and on and on about how much he loves his wife, how he bangs her all the time, how she's the only woman who turns him on, how important his family is to him because his dad was a womanizing shithead, etc. etc. etc....and don't forget that there is a new ad, out today, that shows him and the family being all wonderful with each other...fuck him. He built the second half of his career on being the rough, tough professional who was the perfect family guy. And now he is exposed. And he should reallly come clean and start some serious grovelling.

--Sinclair Lewis

A*O

Well he's not unique as the "happy family man" who screws around. I don't condone it at all but my main feeling is that he's a bloody idiot for thinking he would get away with it, especially if he picked a notorious kiss and teller to bang. Rule #1 For Cheaters: Don't get caught.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information