Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Carson was a sad asshole...

Default Johnny Carson was a sad asshole...

JOHNNY Carson's longtime lawyer is blowing the lid off the secret life of the beloved "Tonight Show" host - painting him as a sad, depressed man who cheated on his wives, was tormented by his mom and refused to visit his son in a mental hospital.

"He was a great star, but not a great man," Henry Bushkin - who was jokingly dubbed "Bombastic Bushkin" by Carson on his late-night NBC gabfest - told Page Six.

"Many great comedians were miserable human beings . . . Johnny suffered a great many demons brought about by what I call a toxic sort of mother," Bushkin said. "His mother couldn't give a compliment. He's the biggest star in the world and she couldn't even acknowledge it."

Bushkin, who was also Carson's agent and manager, is shopping a warts-and-all memoir about the late-night legend through superagent David Vigliano, in which he'll tell how the comic:

* Was so miserable at the top of his game that he constantly "questioned his own ability to have happiness in his life."

* Enjoyed the use of a 10,000-square-foot penthouse with a private pool at Caesars Palace when he played Vegas and routinely entertained the "18 beautiful girls in the chorus line that opened his act . . . and he was certainly involved with some of them."

* Refused to visit his son, Rick, when he was committed to Bellevue with severe emotional problems. "The kid was there for 4 months and he never went. I had to take care of everything and was there almost every day. Rick [who died in a car crash in 1991] was a lovely human being."

* Abandoned many of his closest friends, including Bushkin, who says, "At one time we did everything together. At the end, he treated me like everybody else - like I didn't exist. At the end, it was like I was an irritant. In many respects, he was the saddest guy I ever knew."

'SAD' GUY CARSON'S TOXIC MOM- New York Post

Sounds like a man who needed some hardcore therapy.

Hit By Ban Bus!

And this is news why? I thought everyone knew Johnny Carson was a jerk.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Everybody did know, but it's interesting to hear details.

Real men didn't do "therapy" back in Johnny's day. You just picked up a hobby to distract you....like drinking, fucking whores, or going to get your ass beat by a dominatrix.

Or handcuffing broads to a bed (like Leno).
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I never knew about his son. Sad.

Carson was born with moon in Capricorn - alienated from his own emotions. Usually happens through a difficult relationship with a mother - who can be demanding, overly critical, perfectionist, authoritarian, tyrannical, or merely 'distant'.

Brad Pitt also has moon in Capricorn. Jenn described him a 'lacking his emotion chip'. I think he only sticks with Jolie because she'll stand up to Jane for him (they're Dharma & Greg). Jenn was always friendly with Jane (she no doubt thought making points with mom was a way to stay in good - it might have been her big mistake), and Pitt don't need that!

I believe that George Clooney also has MiC - and he is notoriously non commital in relationships with women.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Real men didn't do "therapy" back in Johnny's day. You just picked up a hobby to distract you....like drinking, fucking whores, or going to get your ass beat by a dominatrix.

What??
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Funny.

If you google "sad asshole" you get this:

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post

I never heard that before, please elaborate.

Hit By Ban Bus!

[quote=AgentOrange;1449477]Carson was born with moon in Capricorn - alienated from his own emotions. Usually happens through a difficult relationship with a mother - who can be demanding, overly critical, perfectionist, authoritarian, tyrannical, or merely 'distant'.

Brad Pitt also has moon in Capricorn. Jenn described him a 'lacking his emotion chip'. I think he only sticks with Jolie because she'll stand up to Jane for him (they're Dharma & Greg). Jenn was always friendly with Jane (she no doubt thought making points with mom was a way to stay in good - it might have been her big mistake), and Pitt don't need that!
    quote]

Pitt and I share a very close birth - good thing I don't hold much stock in that star stuff. I'm a great person just ask my kids

Jim Carrey, and Jonathan Winters are a few that comes to mind when I think of sad comedians. Jonathans mother wanted a daughter so much she dressed him up like a girl for many years. Jim Carrey always wanted to please his father. I think a lot of people wear a smile but are not really happy. It's just we expect comedians who make people laugh to be happy.

Richard Pryor grew up in a whore house and a druggie most of his life yet he was darn funny on stage.

Johnny Carson gave a start to a lot of up and comers, he was very private and maybe some people didn't deal with that.

He made me laugh and thats all he owed me. I think it sucks when someone comes out after someone has died and says crap about them, it's like coward you should have said that stuff when they were alive to defend themselves. chump.

^ You make an excellent point about comedians. Many have used humour as a defense mechanism, or as a way to make sense out of things. Some like Lenny Bruce, sublimated their anger into humour - biting sarcasm.

I thought it was interesting about his mother not being able to give him credit.

Incidentally Charles Darwin was another MiC. He was raised by an older sister after his mother died. She fell into the disciplinarian role with a vengeance. He writes how he would cringe every time she walked into the room, or when ever she shrieked out his name think to him self "Oh no, what now?"

MiC is often associated with "self preservation". The MiC regards survival as the greatest force in the universe - even if they are not consciously aware of this. Appropriately enough Darwin based his theories 'survival of the fittest' to a large part. Success is exceeding your life expectancy.

John Lennon was another MiC. He was abandoned by his mother at an early age, and raised by an aunt. To have called his aunt strict would've been a very generous understatement.

Pitt and I share a very close birth
    The moon changes signs every 2 1/2 days - so depending on how close your birthday is, you might have Moon in either Sagittarius or Aquarius. Both Moon signs tend to be warmer than Lunar Capricorn. Also the moon will occupy a different sign on the same day of a different year, unlike the Sun.

Did Carson have trust issues??

BTW another MiC would be California Govenor Arnold Schwarzenegger (His greatest role was as a ruthlessly efficient machine that was "warm on the outside, cold on the inside" - a skin deep humanity). He has the usual traits: cautious, disciplined, and ambitious to a fault (Hitler also was MiC). When asked once, during an interview, what he took from the New Testemant, he replied that "Even though Jesus was this superman, and could do all these miracles, they could still catch him and kill him". You got the impression that Arnold had decided some where along the way that wasn't going to happen to him, if he could help it. Survival can become living life on the defensive. When a good offense become the best defense, then you have a problem personality. "First Strike" becomes a pro active defense. The MiC personality can trip out into paranoia esily. The only way beack is to remember that "just because they're all out to get you doen't mean that you're not paranoid; and if they'er out to get you, cracking up won't help".

Last edited by AgentOrange; November 2nd, 2008 at 11:59 AM.

Oh for Petes sake! We want to hear about Jay Leno! MrsD????
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Silver Member

My 4 year old has a Moon in Capricorn. She is pretty well loved!! I believe in astrology, but just pulling the moon out without considering the other planets and aspects is kind-of simplistic. For example, both my ex and current husbands have Cancer moons, and even though they have a couple of small similarities (depression off and on, love eating), they are very different. (Ex was an Aquarius with an Aries rising, Mr. Cate is a Cancer with a Sag. rising.)

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Oh for Petes sake! We want to hear about Jay Leno! MrsD????
    Yes, I wanna know!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information