Thread: David Cook on life after American Idol

Default David Cook on life after American Idol

He has throngs of devoted fans and will soon be releasing an album, but David Cook says his life now isn't too different than it was before winning American Idol.

"I think in one sense everything's changed but in another sense nothing has," says the reigning Idol champ. "There's all these different things around me that I didn't have a year ago. I was able to furnish a home and get a nice car and be able to treat my family to some of the things that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to do."

But, says the singer, 25, "I'm still a goober from the Midwest. Now I've just got a few more resources. I don't feel like the show changed me at all."

Cook spoke with PEOPLE after recording a performance video with his band for Walmart's Soundcheck, which can be viewed online and in Walmart stores. (Watch a preview video below.)

The singer, who will release his self-titled debut album Nov. 18, describes his music as "eclectic rock" with some songs featuring lots of riffs and others that are "very piano driven and delicate."

"I got to show some different aspects of who I am as a person," he says about the upcoming album.

Cook's next gig: performing on this week's Saturday Night Live hosted by Ben Affleck. "I grew up watching it like everybody else so to be apart of it in any capacity is obviously a huge honor," he says, before adding that he's "really nervous."

"I'm going to make sure my shoelaces are tied so I don’t trip and fall on the floor!"

David Cook on Life After American Idol - Music News, David Cook : People.com

Umm,Cook,in my pants immediately.And I don't give a shit what anyone says.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    Umm,Cook,in my pants immediately.And I don't give a shit what anyone says.
    i dont care what anyone says, now THAT cracked me up! lol Mrs V
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hussy! He is cute!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Eww, he needs to shave that facial hair.

I keep forgetting he won American Idol. Archuleta sang the national anthem at a highschool and the announcer said 'YOUR AMERICAN IDOL DAVID ARCHULETA'. Pssshhh. Cook won!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    I keep forgetting he won American Idol. Archuleta sang the national anthem at a highschool and the announcer said 'YOUR AMERICAN IDOL DAVID ARCHULETA'. Pssshhh. Cook won!
    Yeah, but in fairness to Archuleta, he was very quick to correct the announcer, interrupting him right away. It's not like the mistake was his fault. If I didn't know better, I'd think Archuleta won too. He's still giving Cook a run for his money and his fanbase is only increasing.

A*O

David who?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Yeah, but in fairness to Archuleta, he was very quick to correct the announcer, interrupting him right away. It's not like the mistake was his fault. If I didn't know better, I'd think Archuleta won too. He's still giving Cook a run for his money and his fanbase is only increasing.

I meant the announcer was the dumbass who knew nothing about American Idol, of course it wasn't David's fault. I'm torn on the whole 'is idol rigged' business because I find it VERY HARD to believe Archuleta lost by 12 MILLION VOTES.

Whenever I see Archuleta all I can think of is "Fetus Archuleta"
    Fabulous!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    I'm torn on the whole 'is idol rigged' business because I find it VERY HARD to believe Archuleta lost by 12 MILLION VOTES.
    I'll preface what I'm about to say by stating that I do like David Cook. I prefer Archuleta by a (long) mile, but Cook was my favorite after Archuleta. That being said, I, too, have always found it very hard to believe that Archuleta - an obvious front runner from the start - lost by 12 million votes. It doesn't even make sense....and the fact that they kept harping on the gap throughout the finale made me even more suspicious when they've never done that before. Regardless the outcome Archuleta did deliver a 'knockout' on finale night (and a few others nights). Whether there's any truth to this or not, there were some comments after the finale that it was quite well known that many Cook fans had some sort of voting macro set up on their computers that did the voting for them all through the night. All I'll say is that it would certainly explain the HUGE margin.

A*O

It doesn't really matter who wins. The person with the best musical talent will "win" in the long run. A couple of Aussie Idol winners never launched a career and have totally dropped off the radar. A couple of runners up have gone on to great things although I doubt anyone outside Oz has heard of them!
    Dame Edna Everage

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    A couple of runners up have gone on to great things although I doubt anyone outside Oz has heard of them!
    I'm very familiar with Anthony Callea and still think he's probably my favorite contestant from any Idol show. His voice is amazing and I still can't believe he was beat out by Casey who was never to be heard from again.

A*O

Yeah well apart from the fact she was only a so-so singer, there was another BIG reason why Casey never made it. Shallow but true.

Dame Edna Everage

^And ironically thats probably the same reason why she WON! The whole 'Look, it's a fat idol, we don't discriminate' thing.

Thread Information