Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears is now under permanent conservatorship

Default Britney Spears is now under permanent conservatorship

Britney Under Permanent Conservatorship

Posted Oct 28th 2008 6:00PM by TMZ Staff
    Lawyers in the Britney Spears conservatorship case have just asked the court commissioner to make her conservatorship permanent. And the judge said she would grant the request.

The conservatorship was scheduled to end on December 31.

Sources say one reason why Brit & Co. wanted to extend the conservatorship is that it makes it easier for her to regain custody of her kids -- the family law commissioner will feel more comfortable giving her added face time if there is a safety net.

The conservators will now also be responsible for handling her business affairs and career opportunities.

As for why they suddenly asked for a permanent conservatorship -- we're told the commish doesn't want to keep extending temporary power...that it makes more sense to make the conservatorship permanent and then just lift it when Brit is safe and sound.

Under the permanent conservatorship a medical team will oversee Britney's career to make sure what she does will not compromise her mental health.

The commish said, "The conservatorship is necessary and appropriate for the complexity of financial and business entities and her being susceptible to undue influence."

Wow.

Whoa, there has to be a LOT we haven't heard about for a judge to grant this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Indeed. She's got serious problems. Not that that wasn't obvious, though.

I don't think it's that big of a deal...why waste the court's time and money for attorneys to keep extending it. When and if she's ready to take care of her own affairs, she can petition to have it removed.

And by that, of course I mean when and if hell freezes over. About the same time she'll get custody of her kids back.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Gold Member

I think its a good thing. She has been doing much better, since her father has been in charge of her estate her mom is in limited contact with her, which seems to be what Jamie needs too but this is about Britney....So I wish her the best. Plus since whenever she gets 100% healthy again she can have it lifted which is a win win. I root for her because she has had some fucked up shit these last few years, and generally seems to be a GOOD PERSON under everything. While I can't with Lohan because she really dosen't seem to have learned shit and isn't trying, and this whole lesbian stunt bugs the shit out of me.

Well,that's that.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuisfan1234 View Post
    I think its a good thing. She has been doing much better, since her father has been in charge of her estate her mom is in limited contact with her, which seems to be what Jamie needs too but this is about Britney....So I wish her the best. Plus since whenever she gets 100% healthy again she can have it lifted which is a win win. I root for her because she has had some fucked up shit these last few years, and generally seems to be a GOOD PERSON under everything. While I can't with Lohan because she really dosen't seem to have learned shit and isn't trying, and this whole lesbian stunt bugs the shit out of me.
    That's only because Britney can still sell records and put butts in seats at her tours. Lohan can't get hired to save her life because none of her movies or albums have made money lately. But I don't know about either of them being a "good person." To me they're BOTH still spoiled twats.

Anyway, re: the permanent conservatorship, the way they've explained it sort of makes sense and plays down how bad it sounds. It probably will be easier to make it permanent instead of just having to renew it every so often. I doubt it will go on forever, and it's true it will probably help her in custody matters.

I guess it sounds bad, but is actually prudent for her well-being and custody issues. It's the same ol' same ol, she's set the bar so low, anything's an improvement: as long as she doesn't start flashing her cooch again in a pink wig and taking her sons hostage again...

Under the permanent conservatorship a medical team will oversee Britney's career to make sure what she does will not compromise her mental health.
    If she is truly fucked up the last thing they should be worried about is her career.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

The only thing that makes sense to me with all this and Britney is if she has a split personality disorder. I could see her developing into a Sybil type person the way she was shoved into fame at such a young age. I can see her having her performer persona develop out of that and then going haywire. She sometimes seems pulled together and normal and then other times she's just off the charts. Perhaps this is why she lost custody of her sons. If so I really feel sorry for her. A person operating at her speed and so in the limelight having blackouts must have been very frightening.

Gold Member

It's a pity no one has ever put Michael Jackson or Paris Hilton under conservatorship, really...

True - there must be some really fucked up shit going on here. We probably don't know the half of it. The truth might be strager than fiction, in this case.

I agree completely!

I'm almost afraid to ask what happens behind closed doors, in this case.

Sources say one reason why Brit & Co. wanted to extend the conservatorship is that it makes it easier for her to regain custody of her kids ...

Um, yeah. She can't look after herself, so they'll give her the kids back? That makes a lot of sense.

Wow, she must be all kinds of fucked up for it to come to this. I could see temporary, but PERMANENT? Means they don't see her ever really controlling her own life......
    And people want to put their kids in show business. Take note.

Hit By Ban Bus!

You know, I have always wondered if she fried her brains with drugs. Like she had meth induced psychosis and never recovered from it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information