Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guy Ritchie turns down 20 million pound offer from Madonna to settle

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Guy Ritchie turns down 20 million pound offer from Madonna to settle

Guy Ritchie has turned down an offer of £20million from Madonna and the pair are 'no closer' to reaching any agreement over their impending divorce, it was claimed today.

As the director strummed his guitar in flat cap and scarf, looking every inch the street busker, his divorce from the popstar continued to cause headlines.

The pair, whose split was made public two weeks ago, are feuding over where their children - Rocco, eight, and adopted David Banda, three - will live and be educated.
    Spare a penny? Guy Ritchie, who has rejected Madonna's offer of 20million, adopts a busker pose as he strums a guitar on the set of his movie Sherlock Holmes

Spare a penny? Guy Ritchie, who has rejected Madonna's offer of £20million, adopts a busker pose as he strums a guitar on the set of his movie

Madonna, 50, wants the two boys to live with her and Lourdes, her 12-year-old daughter from a previous relationship, in New York.

But Ritchie, 40, would prefer that the children go to school in London.

The singer's biographer, J Randy Taraborrelli, told Hello! magazine the pair 'are at loggerheads'.

He said: 'There was a great deal of haggling about this matter last week, with Madonna upping the amount of Guy's settlement to more than £20 million in hopes that he would acquiesce.'
    P

He added that they are 'not even speaking to each other. They communicate only through lawyers'.

Mr Taraborrelli also said a friend of Ritchie told him that the split could become more acrimonious

The source told him: 'I do think it's going to get nasty. He and Madonna are very angry now, no doubt about it, [but] they are willing to put that aside for their children.

'But I do think that if one sees the other linked up with a new partner so soon, it will make everything a lot more complicated for everyone involved.'

It was also claimed today that the couple's legal teams are seeking witness statements from business and house staff.

Madonna has hired Fiona Shackleton, who represented Sir Paul McCartney in his divorce from Heather Mills, while Ritchie has engaged Helen Ward, who secured Britain's highest divorce settlement of £48million for Beverley Charman from insurance tycoon John Charman.

Mr Taraborrelli also said today the two now have very few friends in common.

A source told him: 'Madonna was never very fond of Guy's pals. She found them uninteresting and dull.

'She even used the word "common" to describe them. And for his part, Guy always felt the conversation was forced and pretentious with many of Madonna's friends.'

The biographer also said that Madonna had shrugged off remarks made by her father-in-law John Ritchie last week in which he branded the singer 'beastly'.

'He never liked me,' she is reported to have said, 'but... whatever.'

As the barbs in the press continue, Guy has been throwing himself into work, directing a new film version of the Sherlock Holmes stories.
    Sherlock Holmes filming in Manchester.

On set in Manchester, Guy directed Robert Downey Jnr - who plays the pipe-smoking detective - and Jude Law (Doctor Watson) and dozens of extras dressed in Victoria clothes.

Jude has been specially growing a moustache to play mild-mannered Dr Watson.Spare a penny, guv? Guy Ritchie adopts busker pose as he 'refuses Madonna's £20m offer' | Mail Online
    I think he really is holding out on where the kids will live and I hope he wins. As far as her friends being pretentious, well, duh....
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hell I wouldn't settle for that measily 20 mill either! He could get twice that AND joint custody. He's not an idiot!

What are the divorce laws in the UK? Is it community property like California? As far as Ritchie goes, I don't think the money is his first concern. I think he is trying to hold on to his son. If Madonna gets them and moves to NY, he will hardly ever see him. Hang in there Guy!
    Last edited by Janet296; October 28th, 2008 at 06:13 PM.

She (allegedly) called his friends common? I'd rather hang around common folk any day.

Guy's smart. And I'm totally on his team.

If the children have been living mostly in London and going to school there, it would be better for them to stay ... familiar surroundings and their friends would help to make the divorce a bit easier on them.

Vadge is busy with touring, shagging, and spending every free moment at the gym anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet296 View Post
    What are the divorce laws in the UK? Is it community property like California? As far as Ritchie goes, I don't think the money is first concern. I think he is trying to hold on to his son. If Madonna gets them and moves to NY, he will hardly ever see him. Hang in there Guy!
    Its not guaranteed and is usually awarded by the judge (or can be).

Unless they're seperated for a couple of years its about blame and re-blame... unless of course he had hidden cameras & can prove adultory.
    Free Charmed.

DONT settle! I hope he gets everything he wants, I think he would do a better job with the kids.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

^^^^

If not, St.Angelina may take them on. There's always room chez Brangelina!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I don't think he wants the cash and that it's all about access to the kids. If she was the mother she says she is she would not take them away from their father, although I guess she was ok doing that with her daughter.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I think he wants the cash.

I'm glad it's getting nastier, I want Madonnas dirty laundry exposed!
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

The money sure won't hurt! I don't think he's greedy, he's just doing what anyone would do!

i don't think he's greedy, i think it's about more than the money. Of course the money won't hurt, but i think he's more concerned with being able to have reasonable access to the kids, and not only when she says.

They'd probably be much better off with him than with that harpie. (Even Lourdes) - although that won't happen, but she seems to like him. Hell, he probably pays more attention to all of them...I'd LMAO if he got custody of all of them.

Really,she seems more like a prison guard than a Mother.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Really,she seems more like a prison guard than a Mother.
    Oooh, well said!!!
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information