Thread: Celeb trash a target in Greenwich Village

Default Celeb trash a target in Greenwich Village

October 27, 2008 --
    CELEBRITIES who live in Greenwich Village may want to run out and buy paper shredders. Their garbage is being sifted through by creepy trash-trollers who want to bare their secrets.

One recent victim is Mary-Louise Parker, the sexy star of Showtime's "Weeds," who lives in a luxury apartment building overlooking Washington Square Park.
    An anonymous letter was sent to Page Six from someone who claims to have sifted through the actress' refuse and included photocopies of Parker's drug prescription receipts from Bigelow Pharmacy on Sixth Avenue.
    They show that last year she shelled out a $20 insurance co-payment for a supply of 30 tablets of a medication that's commonly used to treat low-thyroid function and prevent goiters. It was prescribed by a Manhattan internist.
    A rep for Parker had no comment, but sources say the South Carolina-born beauty, 44, has been treated for an underactive thyroid for years.
    Other celebrities who live on some of the Village's best blocks are even more vulnerable than Parker because they have private townhouses and place their trash in cans easily accessible to passers-by. They include Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker, Liv Tyler, Charlie Rose and Graydon Carter.
    One longtime village resident told us, "This is incredibly creepy. It's like nothing is sacred. I hope they find the nut job who's doing this."
    Fishing through the garbage of movers and shakers is nothing new. In the 1960s, Yippie writer A.J. Weberman became notorious for sifting through the trash of Bob Dylan, Norman Mailer and Richard Nixon. Weberman, who claimed studying refuse was a research tool, even penned a book called "My Life in Garbology."

PROWLERS TARGET CELEBS' TRASH- New York Post
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Come on now, people especially celebs should know better than to throw away personal info in the trash. Even I make sure that nothing with my name/address/ personal info goes into the trash until it's thoroughly shredded.

I just had to look up what "yippie" meant - I was having these horrible and confusing images of a cross between a hippie and a yuppie...

Also, woo! Meds for an underactive thyroid! Sooo interesting.

Thread Information