Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Madonna in Montreal

Default Madonna in Montreal

(Lucky us!)

Madonna getting younger with age

Two years after her last visit, and just one week after news broke of her impending divorce from husband Guy Ritchie, 50-year-old pop queen Madonna settled in for the first of two sold-out nights before 17,800 fans at the Bell Centre. And the party was most definitely on.

THE GAZETTE
    Madonna performs last night before 17,800 fans at the Bell Centre, the first of two sold-out concerts. Her music has stayed self-consciously young.

Relatively speaking, of course. The renowned perfectionist plans her shows to the T, and sticks to script every step of the way. But her music (particularly that of her last two albums) has stayed self-consciously young. And to her credit, despite rumours of her rigid stage presence – which was very much the case in 2006 – Madonna actually seemed to be having fun.
    This was a looser show than the last – less bogged down by elaborate props, and leaving more room for Madge, her dancers and band to interact. A matrix of state-of-the-art screens, and hydraulic platforms provided the setting for her and her entourage to entertain.
    After an elaborate video intro – featuring a candy factory/pinball game montage – she emerged on a throne, a leg provocatively straddled over one of the arms.
    The song was Candy Shop, off her new album Hard Candy. “Get up out of your seats,” she sang, as she and eight dancers pranced about to the clubby groove.
    Video cameos dotted the evening, with the main players of the pop new school – Pharrell Williams, Kanye West, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake – each making virtual appearances.
    The performance was divided into four thematic segments: Pimp, NY Old School, Romani Gypsy and Rave Armageddon. A highlight of the first was the funky Beat Goes On (with Pharell), in which she and her dancers rolled down the catwalk in a Rolls Royce.
    It was the second set, however, that stood out most. With Keith Haring videos playing on the big screens, Madonna and her entourage literally skipped (with ropes) their way through a dance remix of Get Into the Groove, decked out in colourful ’80s costumes.
    Borderline was one of several songs she performed with electric guitar in hand (a first for her). She unmasked an array of Madonna wannabes (her dancers, dressed up as her different incarnations) in She’s Not Me, and rocked the house in the subway-and-graffitithemed Music. This last number drew huge cheers – Madonna was at her best when sending up her New York City roots.
    Montrealer Ric’key Pageot got his moment in the spotlight. Playing keyboards for on the tour, he accompanied her in a dramatic rendition of The Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You, in which she crouched then stood atop his piano, clad in a black cloak.
    If songs such as Human Nature and Spanish Lesson fell flat, those instances were few and far between. Miles Away was a mid-show standout, as the room sang and clapped along to the infectious chorus. It was one of the few truly communal moments of the night.
    Madonna isn’t one for singalongs. She would prefer her fans marvel at the spectacle. On this tour, she struck a compromise. Deadline meant an early exit, and missing the hits 4 Minutes, Like a Prayer and Hung Up.
    But she had already pulled off an unlikely feat: getting younger with age. And she’ll do it all over again, tonight.

The Gazette Digital

Zee

Somebody needs to LOlcat that image pronto
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

she needs to grow up
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Her arms are floppy,4 hours workout or not..sadly age catches up..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

she looks like serious shit body-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post

I know- but not only are they floppy Guy was right - they are look gristly. Her arms are like lamb chops that have been way overcooked and have gone dry and gristly .

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    I know- but not only are they floppy Guy was right - they are look gristly. Her arms are like lamb chops that have been way overcooked and have gone dry and gristly .
    She's such an old hag. I feel sorry for Guy and Rocco. I would move as far away from that veiny biatch ASAP.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Nooooooooo, that's not floppiness, that's muscles!!

Muscles,my ass...there are in the inside ,but the skin does that floppy,hanging thing..i know,this is a tell tale point..

Take a lesson from Liberace, Madonna. Love your audience, entertain them. Don't take your miserable life and personality out on them.

Seriously,why cant that bitch sit back,relax and enjoy her hard earned money,her kids and friends?
    Why cant she have a human life,see her kids grow,share their life,instead of working her ass off,missing life to stay revelant to a crowd ready to tear her apart and a religion that milks her dry?

There was one (and only one) letter about Vadge in this morning's Letters To The Editor section:

The Gazette Digital

I removed the woman's name, but it will show up on the link, if you can access it.

If I see any more letters in the weekend paper, I'll post them if they are interesting!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Love the batwings.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Ewww...I just noticed her elbows....

I thought her arm skin was sleeves. eeeww.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information