Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: William Shatner upset with George Takei over wedding snub

Default William Shatner upset with George Takei over wedding snub

William Shatner has taken his war of words with former Star Trek castmate George Takei into cyberspace, by insisting the newlywed is "sad" and "sick" for not inviting Captain Kirk to his recent same-sex marriage ceremony.
    Takei, who blasted Shatner for his vanity on the set of the cult sci-fi series in his memoirs, made a point of not inviting the actor to his nuptials when he exchanged vows with partner Brad Altman at the Democracy Forum of the Japanese American National Museum in Los Angeles on September 14.
    And the Boston Legal star is still bitter about the snub. In a new video, posted on website YouTube.com, Shatner says, "The whole thing makes me feel badly. The poor man, there's such a sickness there. It's so patently obvious that there's a psychosis there. I don't know what his original thing about me was; I have no idea. I didn't read his book that was printed many years ago but apparently I didn't let somebody have a close -up."

But Shatner insists there must be more to it than that: "I literally don't know him. I didn't know him very well on the series; he'd come in for a day or two... but he's continued to speak badly about me for all these years. You'd think there would be an epiphany at some point where George might have said, 'Poor Bill Shatner, he is such a lonely, desperate, unhappy man that he did all these terrible things to me...' when I said hello or something... but instead what he does is he makes this big deal about not inviting me to his wedding.
    "There must be something else inside George that is festering, and makes him so unhappy that he takes it out on me, in effect a total stranger. It's sad the man can't find enough peace in his life to either be positive and say 'I forgive him for whatever those hurts were,' or to shut up about it... I feel nothing but pity for him."
    And Shatner urges his former castmate to reconsider his bitterness towards him: "He and I don't have many years left on this world."

William Shatner Upset With George Takei Over Wedding Snub - Starpulse Entertainment News Blog

[YOUTUBE]iAeLFjNCb3A[/YOUTUBE]
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

This is bizarre. It's not adding up. There's gotta be more to it than some vanity 150 years ago.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Wow. He is really pissed he didn't get invited.

I literally don't know him. I didn't know him very well on the series ...

If this is the case, and you were never friends, then why would he have invited you to his wedding, and why should you even care that he didn't?

Elite Member

Shatner needs to get a grip, because he's not making any sense. If he and Takei weren't close friends during their Star Trek days, why would he expect a wedding invitation? And if Takei is bitter toward Shatner, why would Shatner want to be part of Takei's big day? Something doesn't add up.

Maybe they were secret lovers and Takei dumped Captain Kirk!

Shatner has Mad Cow.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I literally don't know him. I didn't know him very well on the series ...

If this is the case, and you were never friends, then why would he have invited you to his wedding, and why should you even care that he didn't?
    If it's true that Takei made a big point of excluding him, I can see where he would be annoyed. But not to the point where he's calling the man "psychotic."
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Its rumoured that Shatner has pissed off alot of cast and many of them dont get along with him. I forgot his name but the guy that played Chekoff cant stand him and they have had a feud for years.

Anyone here besides myself who listens to Howard Stern has heard of at least a few valid reasons why George doesn't care for William Shatner. He has been pretty frank and above-board about those reasons he chose to disclose (in his most diplomatic way as possible, which is sooo George) during times on the show when subject came up, which is almost always when someone else (i.e. usually Howard, who also has had Shatner on the show) is grilling the shit out of him. He could probably tell more than what he has, but George is a pretty classy guy. Even so, he's been very gracious and accomodating to Bill on several occasions, and participated in events throughout the years (that he didn't need to) on Bill's behalf for very little in return.

William Shatner is funny, and I like how he's become able to laugh at himself a bit now. It was a smart move on his part that makes him more likeable and more bankable as far as continuing with his career now that he's a fat old toupee-wearing fart who's overacting schtick of days past has become a cult classic joke of sorts. His career would be as dead as a doornail if he still took himself as seriously as he used to.

The fact is, he was a pompous egomaniac and overbearing asshole in his heyday. A royal pain in the ass to work with and for. He alienated way more people than just George (and Chekhov) who will now have way less to do with him than George has since ST. He should probably send George some wedding gift/bucks in exchange for the publicity bump he is getting for the opportunity to bitch about this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Shut up Bill. If you don't even know him and aren't friends, then why the hell would you get an invite, and why the hell would you whine about not getting one?

He had to put that dig about he had never read Takei's book, too. I'm proud to say I've never read any of Shatner's shit, but now that I know Takei has a book, I might check it out.

Maybe something has changed, but if someone is not my friend, I tend not to invite them to anything.

Bill has a serious ego problem!

One more reason I can't stand William Shatface.

If he had invited him, Shatner would have made it all about him at some point.

I don't invite all of my old colleagues to personal functions. Shatner is getting lame...if he wasn't already.

um, didnt Takei do a fantastic roast of Shatner awhile back?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Didn't Takei talk about how Shatner was a piece of shit on the set.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information